Cats Need to go to Class B Football

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcatpride
BobcatNation Redshirt

Cats Need to go to Class B Football

Post by bobcatpride » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:43 pm

With our perceived/real defensive woes noted in about 300 threads and our offensive dominance I think we should embrace some small town football logic here and start some "playing both ways" methodology.

My Lineup on D:
Safety - Gribel and Johnson
Corner - Flowers and Keeton
LB - Newell, Singleton, Moore (Knight rotating in)
D end - Salaona and Perkins
DT - Horn
Nose Sheridan

I would throw Dakota in there at safety but lets be real here that would just be dumb. Overall I think this unit would perform better and probably have more incentive to make stops. Just think about how many points they can score if they get a stop. Newell 6 T 2 TFL 8 carries for 56 yards 1 TD Bitchen box score!

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Cats Need to go to Class B Football

Post by tdub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:20 pm

bobcatpride wrote:With our perceived/real defensive woes noted in about 300 threads and our offensive dominance I think we should embrace some small town football logic here and start some "playing both ways" methodology.

My Lineup on D:
DT - Horn
Nose Sheridan

I would throw Dakota in there at safety but lets be real here that would just be dumb. Overall I think this unit would perform better and probably have more incentive to make stops. Just think about how many points they can score if they get a stop. Newell 6 T 2 TFL 8 carries for 56 yards 1 TD Bitchen box score!
What makes you think the guys you listed are better at these defensive positions than they guys that spend every day working there? Are you doubling practice time (against NCAA rules)? Are you putting them through significant extra conditioning during the same practice time to keep up with our high pace offense and then turn around and play defense? Good thought, but high schools typically do this out of necessity.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Phat Daddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Phat Daddy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:37 pm

tdub wrote: What makes you think the guys you listed are better at these defensive positions than they guys that spend every day working there? Are you doubling practice time (against NCAA rules)? Are you putting them through significant extra conditioning during the same practice time to keep up with our high pace offense and then turn around and play defense? Good thought, but high schools typically do this out of necessity.
Tdub, I think you skipped over the sarcasm in the post. If not, I hate to say it, but I think your screen name needs a M before the B.

tdub

Post by tdub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Phat Daddy wrote:
tdub wrote: What makes you think the guys you listed are better at these defensive positions than they guys that spend every day working there? Are you doubling practice time (against NCAA rules)? Are you putting them through significant extra conditioning during the same practice time to keep up with our high pace offense and then turn around and play defense? Good thought, but high schools typically do this out of necessity.
Tdub, I think you skipped over the sarcasm in the post. If not, I hate to say it, but I think your screen name needs a M before the B.
Your first post on here and you're going to call me dumb? Okay, so I missed the sarcasm, big deal. But my question about the OP's reasoning that these guys would be better was legit. I've seen that notion on here before so maybe that could have been the reason my sarcasm radar didn't blink. Can you engage in an intelligent conversation? Or am I too dumb to converse with you?

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

bobcatpride
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatpride » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Who knew that Tdub and Barnett were brothers

tdub

Post by tdub » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:31 pm

bobcatpride wrote:Who knew that Tdub and Barnett were brothers
](*,) Well, so far I'm dumb and Barnett's brother because I replied. What else ya'll (since now I'm apparently from Texas) got?

Can you answer the question? Support your theory, it's a discussion you started. My reply obviously implied that I don't think it would improve anything - but it could be an interesting discussion. Like did these guys earn all conference/state, etc. in high school at those positions? Or is it like the other guy said, was I too dumb to pick up on sarcasm and you weren't looking for a discussion when you posted it?

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:47 pm

bobcatpride wrote:With our perceived/real defensive woes noted in about 300 threads and our offensive dominance I think we should embrace some small town football logic here and start some "playing both ways" methodology.

My Lineup on D:
DT - Horn
Nose Sheridan

All these guys are great athletes and performing well on offense. Think I might buy into this only if i could see how they graded out on the defensive positions that you listed them at - do you have a link to the comparative evaluation scores by chance?

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!