Falling Behind. . .?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

dencat91
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Falling Behind. . .?

Post by dencat91 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:47 pm

I dont think the whole east side project needs to be completed, meaning hold off on the suites. what I would like to see is precast concrete like the south endzone and the concourse continuous all the around to the end of the east grandstand. what would be cool is a couple of "club level" rows (maybe) on that side. Plus on the north east corner maybe add a stadium bar so they can sell beer but control by carding who is admitted and generate funds through beer sales.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:08 pm

dencat91 wrote:I dont think the whole east side project needs to be completed, meaning hold off on the suites. what I would like to see is precast concrete like the south endzone and the concourse continuous all the around to the end of the east grandstand. what would be cool is a couple of "club level" rows (maybe) on that side. Plus on the north east corner maybe add a stadium bar so they can sell beer but control by carding who is admitted and generate funds through beer sales.
I agree with you in principle but one of the best ways to pay for what you describe is to build the suites and get that revenue coming in.

I also agree with those that have said it's a sign that they haven't painted them. I too think its because there is a grander plan. [-o<

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:20 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
dencat91 wrote:I dont think the whole east side project needs to be completed, meaning hold off on the suites. what I would like to see is precast concrete like the south endzone and the concourse continuous all the around to the end of the east grandstand. what would be cool is a couple of "club level" rows (maybe) on that side. Plus on the north east corner maybe add a stadium bar so they can sell beer but control by carding who is admitted and generate funds through beer sales.
I agree with you in principle but one of the best ways to pay for what you describe is to build the suites and get that revenue coming in.

I also agree with those that have said it's a sign that they haven't painted them. I too think its because there is a grander plan. [-o<
The positioning of the light poles on the east side is also a sign. The rust after over 40 years is soon to be, if not already, a safety concern.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:What is an IPF? And don't worry about EWU...I would be surprised if they started anything within the next 5-7 years...that school is incompetent and can never gain any local traction!
indoor practice facility...

but don't take my word for it. after all...I'm a moron like you said. :roll:
I guess I need to brush up on my acronyms..I'll start with FTC
fire the coach? this isn't the thread for that. let a moron help out...
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... re+delaney" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

say, did you hear that texas is going to pay their players?! can they do that?! #-o
This interaction pleases me.

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:52 pm

I was in the SUB this last weekend, and there is a wall dedicated to all the projects MSU has planned. Some are complete and some are scheduled to be completed out til 2016. No mention of any IPF or stadium upgrade. So I would say soon might be later than some may think. It does not even appear to be on the radar yet. Looks like the parking lot by the SUB will be gone too. Turning it into another engineering building.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:54 pm

4thecats wrote:I was in the SUB this last weekend, and there is a wall dedicated to all the projects MSU has planned. Some are complete and some are scheduled to be completed out til 2016. No mention of any IPF or stadium upgrade. So I would say soon might be later than some may think. It does not even appear to be on the radar yet. Looks like the parking lot by the SUB will be gone too. Turning it into another engineering building.
It could well be "on the radar," but just not announced yet. I'm sure anything in that display is regarding construction that it already announced and has most/all of the funding already in place (Asbjornson building, Native American Studies building, etc.).

4thecats

Post by 4thecats » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:13 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
4thecats wrote:I was in the SUB this last weekend, and there is a wall dedicated to all the projects MSU has planned. Some are complete and some are scheduled to be completed out til 2016. No mention of any IPF or stadium upgrade. So I would say soon might be later than some may think. It does not even appear to be on the radar yet. Looks like the parking lot by the SUB will be gone too. Turning it into another engineering building.
It could well be "on the radar," but just not announced yet. I'm sure anything in that display is regarding construction that it already announced (Asbjornson building, Native American Studies building, etc.).

Well in that case you are still 3-5 years out I would say. To me that is not "soon". I ventured over to the east side bleachers to track down a 50/50 ticket last week. I was amazed at how bad they really are. Most of it is showing rust. The part with paint is going to he a safety hazard soon as the paint is lifted and is going to send someone head first down the stairs. I don't think it could last another 3-5 seasons with our weather conditions

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 pm

There's also the issue of not having seating for several hundred fans at almost every game. This along with not enough skyboxes is lost revenue, which is a great selling point when soliciting donors. You also need to factor in the people that don't even try to come because they figure there are no seats for them. The north EZ needs about 2,000 seats. The capacity should be 20,000 not 17,777.

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:33 pm

I agree with the statement that skyboxes on the East side would pay for themselves in a few years and there for be a revenue source going foward but if this is infact the case why hasn't MSU moved on this? It seems like a no brainer to me :-k

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Cats15 wrote:I agree with the statement that skyboxes on the East side would pay for themselves in a few years and there for be a revenue source going foward but if this is infact the case why hasn't MSU moved on this? It seems like a no brainer to me :-k
It was going to go in before the end zone, but some heavy hitters convinced Cruzado to do the end zone first. A good move because now the east stands look hideous.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Cats15 wrote:I agree with the statement that skyboxes on the East side would pay for themselves in a few years and there for be a revenue source going foward but if this is infact the case why hasn't MSU moved on this? It seems like a no brainer to me :-k
My guess would be that they don't want to build skyboxes without also redoing the bleachers on that side, and while the skyboxes would definitely generate revenue, they still need to have the cash required for the project (or at least a significant portion of it) before they can start construction, since the revenue won't actually start coming in until it's completed. Many of the EZ project donors spread their contributions out over five years, and I'm sure that MSU is hesitant to put their hand out again, while people are still paying off that commitment. That will be "off the books" in two more years, so I wouldn't be surprised if MSU announces another major fundraising effort not long after that. And if you'll recall, they raised the money that was required for the new EZ very quickly. If people are that generous again, I could see the next project starting within 3-4 years. That may seem like it's too long for some of you, but keep in mind that when they did the EZ, it had been 13 years since the previous renovation, so if they can complete the next one before the end of the decade even, that's really not too bad. Plus, if they ever go forward with the plan to sell beer inside the stadium, they'll need to spend some money on additional concessions and restroom facilities. Maybe that's why they're holding off on selling beer...maybe the construction required for that will be rolled into the east bleachers/skyboxes project...

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:32 pm

I believe I heard the plans for the new east side , which will match up nicely with the new end zone will actually produce FEWER seats than are currently in place even though the structure is larger. If so, what kind of progress it that? I'm all for aesthetics and fine design, but the end result in a growing program should be MORE seats. Seems like a no-brainer.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:05 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:Oh never mind I got it...and that may be true..but more necessary as well..Bozeman gets much colder than Missoula...but I don't think it will matter once our academic center/athletic offices get finished wrapping around the SouthWest endzone...that will be top of the line...also enclose the stadium even more...there also seams to be a new weight room/locker room coming to Missoula.
Enclosing it MORE? That place is already a patchwork of concrete monstrosities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

4thecats

Post by 4thecats » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:I believe I heard the plans for the new east side , which will match up nicely with the new end zone will actually produce FEWER seats than are currently in place even though the structure is larger. If so, what kind of progress it that? I'm all for aesthetics and fine design, but the end result in a growing program should be MORE seats. Seems like a no-brainer.
Bigger is not always better. I would rather have a 20,000 seat stadium full than have a 25000 seat stadium with open seats. Make it the hardest ticket to get in mt. Be to a point where we have a waiting list. Because I hate to say it, but some day may come that we won't be able to fill 17,000. Sports are cyclical. We are hot right know but will we always be hot? Don't over build.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 pm

4thecats wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:I believe I heard the plans for the new east side , which will match up nicely with the new end zone will actually produce FEWER seats than are currently in place even though the structure is larger. If so, what kind of progress it that? I'm all for aesthetics and fine design, but the end result in a growing program should be MORE seats. Seems like a no-brainer.
Bigger is not always better. I would rather have a 20,000 seat stadium full than have a 25000 seat stadium with open seats. Make it the hardest ticket to get in mt. Be to a point where we have a waiting list. Because I hate to say it, but some day may come that we won't be able to fill 17,000. Sports are cyclical. We are hot right know but will we always be hot? Don't over build.
When it comes to stadiums bigger usually is better. Right now it looks like it will be a long time till the cycle has turned from us being a real hot program and when it happens I would rather see us have 22,000 fans in a 25,000 seat stadium supporting our team and providing revenue than your 17,000. I know we are both just throwing out numbers but my point is that through studies and projections of expected growth we should be looking at more seating capacity not less.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:58 pm

:yes:
4thecats wrote:
I don't know, maybe I wasn't making myself clear. I wasn't saying let's build bigger than we need for the sake of bigness, I'm saying let's not take the bigness we currently have and build something less big for the sake of building something even though it's bigness is less big than the bigness we have now. :no: :yes:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:19 pm

ok ok ok. if i donate a million dollars specifically for this project can i at least have a double sky box suite on the 50?
:kicksrock:

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Mr Lisle wrote::yes:
4thecats wrote:
I don't know, maybe I wasn't making myself clear. I wasn't saying let's build bigger than we need for the sake of bigness, I'm saying let's not take the bigness we currently have and build something less big for the sake of building something even though it's bigness is less big than the bigness we have now. :no: :yes:
I understand what you are saying and I want to be clear that I am not advocating for big beyond what past growth has shown us that we are capable of and what projections show us is our likely growth. Doing anything less is just coasting or putting the breaks on. That is no way to position ourselves for the future.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:26 pm

ilovethecats wrote:ok ok ok. if i donate a million dollars specifically for this project can i at least have a double sky box suite on the 50?
Careful. They would probably take that deal.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:ok ok ok. if i donate a million dollars specifically for this project can i at least have a double sky box suite on the 50?
Careful. They would probably take that deal.
i'll have to move some money around. think they'd do it for $500,000?! :wink: