Falling Behind. . .?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DelaneysFannyPack
New Recruit

Re: Falling Behind. . .?

Post by DelaneysFannyPack » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:55 am

Just out of curiosity, how much was the cost of the MSU locker room project? UM's will be $14 million, so I'm trying to get a basis for comparison.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:25 am

ewuranger29 wrote:
Rich K wrote:As far as I can tell, EWU has entered a "quiet phase" of their expansion plans.
This is correct. It is a roughly $70 million project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where is EWU going to get that much money? Is Obama shelling out cash for stadiums now too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:57 am

cat_stache_fever wrote:I think it be sweet if there was a BIG "football building" (weight room, locker room, offices, ect) to wall in the north end zone, ala Oklahoma State(and Miss State, i think?) Could have deck/SRO seating on top of it. Expand upwards on the SEZ, and duplicate the west side stands/suites on the east.

This may be a ways down the trail.....
This right move. As it is, there is no feel. Everything is spread out. It would added so much to the atmosphere if it was all in one spot. But. Too bad the $40million donation was donated to the engineering building and the football program, because that is the type of money it would take

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 am

4thecats wrote:This right move. As it is, there is no feel. Everything is spread out. It would added so much to the atmosphere if it was all in one spot. But. Too bad the $40million donation was donated to the engineering building and the football program, because that is the type of money it would take
Not to send this thread down a rabbit trail or anything, but what kind of impact do y'all think the new business building and engineering building will have on recruiting? It seems to me that majors in business and engineering are fairly popular amongst football players. Not to get all pointy headed or anything, but I kind like the fact that MSU's most major building projects are for purely educational purposes. =D^

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 am

I personally don't like the looks of those stadiums that just have a building on one end.
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Not to send this thread down a rabbit trail or anything, but what kind of impact do y'all think the new business building and engineering building will have on recruiting? It seems to me that majors in business and engineering are fairly popular amongst football players. Not to get all pointy headed or anything, but I kind like the fact that MSU's most major building projects are for purely educational purposes. =D^

I'm sure they will help quite a bit and hopefully some future donors come out of those programs.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:30 am

DelaneysFannyPack wrote:Just out of curiosity, how much was the cost of the MSU locker room project? UM's will be $14 million, so I'm trying to get a basis for comparison.

I think we only spent about 1 mill, so yours should be about 14x's better, OR, WAY OVER PRICED!!!

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:37 am

cat_stache_fever wrote:I think it be sweet if there was a BIG "football building" (weight room, locker room, offices, ect) to wall in the north end zone, ala Oklahoma State(and Miss State, i think?) Could have deck/SRO seating on top of it. Expand upwards on the SEZ, and duplicate the west side stands/suites on the east.

Since the west stands seat fewer fans than the east side, how would you make up for the loss of seating?

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:01 am

catsrback76 wrote:
DelaneysFannyPack wrote:Just out of curiosity, how much was the cost of the MSU locker room project? UM's will be $14 million, so I'm trying to get a basis for comparison.

I think we only spent about 1 mill, so yours should be about 14x's better, OR, WAY OVER PRICED!!!
We built new locker rooms?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:13 am

TomCat88 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Confused with weight room maybe ?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 am

TomCat88 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

For the visitors

cat_stache_fever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by cat_stache_fever » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:11 pm

catscat wrote:

Since the west stands seat fewer fans than the east side, how would you make up for the loss of seating?
Raising ticket prices by a couple bucks might work. Also, having suites on the east side is sure to generate some revenue. I honestly don't think we need need any more seating than we have now. Reel in the big fishies with east side sky suites...

well.......we gonna pitch it!
"we gonna put something/somebody(?) on they ass...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXf-VrzznY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;