Scout Bowl

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Scout Bowl

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:18 pm

The "Scout Bowl" was played today. Just a fun time where all of the guys who don't get playing time get to show their stuff. . . just a couple observations:

- Tavon Dodd is shifty - scored the only TD
- Curtis Amos played well at TE
- Dodd and Amos were the really the only thing working for the offense
- Grant Collins played well, I'd expect him to start next season.

Last years recruiting class shows so much promise we got Fa'anono, Herber, Paige, Alley all getting a lot of playing time and guys like Tavon Dodd, Curtis Amos, Grant Collins, and Tucker Yates and a lot more coming along. Very exciting.

gtfcat84
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Scout Bowl

Post by gtfcat84 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:30 pm

I had to re-read what you said about Dodd-didn't have my glasses on and that f looked like another t.....

'You can't ride home on a bowl of goat' - Ron White

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:58 pm

gtfcat84 wrote:I had to re-read what you said about Dodd-didn't have my glasses on and that f looked like another t.....
:lol:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:25 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:The "Scout Bowl" was played today. Just a fun time where all of the guys who don't get playing time get to show their stuff. . . just a couple observations:

Last years recruiting class shows so much promise we got Fa'anono, Herber, Paige, Alley all getting a lot of playing time and guys like Tavon Dodd, Curtis Amos, Grant Collins, and Tucker Yates and a lot more coming along. Very exciting.
really excited to watch this class moving forward. Another guy who I thought had a ton of potential was that Safety, Demonte King (sp?), 2 star recruit i believe. His highlight tape was really impressive. Grant Collins has all the makings of the next great Bobcat LB!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:The "Scout Bowl" was played today. Just a fun time where all of the guys who don't get playing time get to show their stuff. . . just a couple observations:

really excited to watch this class moving forward. Another guy who I thought had a ton of potential was that Safety, Demonte King (sp?), 2 star recruit i believe. His highlight tape was really impressive. Grant Collins has all the makings of the next great Bobcat LB!
Anybody seen King in practice or during this scrimmage? I'm curious who people think our starting safeties are going to be next year. I'm not even sure who we have on the roster that plays safety. Besides Garcia of course. Are we thinking King might be starting as a RS Freshman? Cody Cleveland is a senior, right?