GOLD ALERT! Missing: BobcatNation's "The Bar"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

GOLD ALERT! Missing: BobcatNation's "The Bar"

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 pm

For Immediate Release: The National Bobcat Tailgating Association has released a Gold Alert for the famous "The Bar" traditionally found at the BobcatNation tailgate on Bobcat gamedays. "The Bar" has been a staple of Bobcat Gameday tailgating since the beginning of the millenium and is thought to be instrumental in the resurgence of Bobcat football from the lowpoint of the late 80's and 90's. "The Bar" has been featured in local advertisements and counts such notables as Champ, the one and only Drew and many others as friends and respected guests.

Description (pictures below): Approximately 4 1/2 feet tall and 8 feet in length. Brown in color with trademark "The Bar" sign hanging on the front. Assumed to weigh somewhere in the range of 250-300 pounds. Known to also hang out with four matching bar stools (whereabouts also unknown).

Last Seen: Hanging around The BobcatNation tailgate spot (RV row along Kagy Blvd in the west side tailgates) at 5:30 pm Sunday Oct. 19th. Reported missing 7:00 am Monday Oct. 20th.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of "The Bar" please immediately contact kevin@bobcatnation.com and/or rtb@bobcatnation.com

In all seriousness, really crappy that someone would decide to take this. With the sheer size of it it obviously wasn't a quick grab and go, somebody had to take some time and have a truck or trailer to get that thing out of there. We did a tour of the tailgate lot and didn't see any sign of it but there are lots of BBQ's, other bars, tents, etc sitting around so why someone chose to take what really isn't that fancy of a bar is kind of odd. If the Cats start to tank due to the bar not making the last couple home games I'm putting it squarely on those that took it. You don't mess with tradition people. Please get in touch if you know anything, no questions asked we would just like to have it back for the tailgates.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: GOLD ALERT! Missing: BobcatNation's "The Bar"

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:12 pm

that frickin blows....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:15 pm

kmax wrote:For Immediate Release: The National Bobcat Tailgating Association has released a Gold Alert for the famous "The Bar" traditionally found at the BobcatNation tailgate on Bobcat gamedays. "The Bar" has been a staple of Bobcat Gameday tailgating since the beginning of the millenium and is thought to be instrumental in the resurgence of Bobcat football from the lowpoint of the late 80's and 90's. "The Bar" has been featured in local advertisements and counts such notables as Champ, the one and only Drew and many others as friends and respected guests.

Description (pictures below): Approximately 4 1/2 feet tall and 8 feet in length. Brown in color with trademark "The Bar" sign hanging on the front. Assumed to weigh somewhere in the range of 250-300 pounds. Known to also hang out with four matching bar stools (whereabouts also unknown).

Last Seen: Hanging around The BobcatNation tailgate spot (RV row along Kagy Blvd in the west side tailgates) at 5:30 pm Sunday Oct. 19th. Reported missing 7:00 am Monday Oct. 20th.

If you have any information about the whereabouts of "The Bar" please immediately contact kevin@bobcatnation.com and/or rtb@bobcatnation.com

In all seriousness, really crappy that someone would decide to take this. With the sheer size of it it obviously wasn't a quick grab and go, somebody had to take some time and have a truck or trailer to get that thing out of there. We did a tour of the tailgate lot and didn't see any sign of it but there are lots of BBQ's, other bars, tents, etc sitting around so why someone chose to take what really isn't that fancy of a bar is kind of odd. If the Cats start to tank due to the bar not making the last couple home games I'm putting it squarely on those that took it. You don't mess with tradition people. Please get in touch if you know anything, no questions asked we would just like to have it back for the tailgates.
Wasn't rtb supposed to be in town. I'd go to Portland and look for it if I was you. I wonder how much that cost in baggage fees.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:28 pm

That just isn't right. WTF

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 am

I hate we have to chain down our stuff. Never used to be that way. Whoever took it, just take it back over there. It doesn't seem like KMAX is interested in making a big deal about it. I'm sure they have their motor home there on Friday night before the game. The bar is kind of a big deal and should not be messed with.

kmax
Site Admin

Re: GOLD ALERT! Missing: BobcatNation's

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:I hate we have to chain down our stuff. Never used to be that way. Whoever took it, just take it back over there. It doesn't seem like KMAX is interested in making a big deal about it. I'm sure they have their motor home there on Friday night before the game. The bar is kind of a big deal and should not be messed with.
Exactly right, I don't really care if any details are ever known. If someone connected with taking it sees this, feel free to drop it back at the same spot in the middle of the night. We have guys from our group that drive past there every morning on their way to work and we will see it and get it picked up and that will be the end of it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:08 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:I hate we have to chain down our stuff. Never used to be that way. Whoever took it, just take it back over there. It doesn't seem like KMAX is interested in making a big deal about it. I'm sure they have their motor home there on Friday night before the game. The bar is kind of a big deal and should not be messed with.
I have had chairs stolen when I neglected to put them away, but a bar this heavy did take some work and accomplissers. The word is not misspelled. Any more there are probably cameras looking at this stuff, I would suggest returning the bar before the police have to look at the tapes.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

NrthFce
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by NrthFce » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Not to question anyone's abilities or place fault, but why was it still there at 5:30 pm Sunday Oct. 19th... Is it commonly left there from week to week? Just wondering if it has been left there for an extended period of time untouched and so this practice was considered commonplace. Either way, I will be on the lookout for it and be sure to let y'all know if I spot er...

MSU Alumni!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:18 pm

NrthFce wrote:Not to question anyone's abilities or place fault, but why was it still there at 5:30 pm Sunday Oct. 19th... Is it commonly left there from week to week? Just wondering if it has been left there for an extended period of time untouched and so this practice was considered commonplace. Either way, I will be on the lookout for it and be sure to let y'all know if I spot er...
Yes it usually is left there. Typically it gets dropped off sometime Friday before the game and then is picked up sometime Sunday or early am Monday before the students start parking in that lot. In September it stayed there between a couple games even. We've done this for at least 4-5 years and never had any problems. As I mentioned in my original post, if you were to go through the lots right now you would see numerous tents, quite a few BBQs and some furniture type things like our bar all sitting there.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

NrthFce
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by NrthFce » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 pm

kmax wrote:
NrthFce wrote:Not to question anyone's abilities or place fault, but why was it still there at 5:30 pm Sunday Oct. 19th... Is it commonly left there from week to week? Just wondering if it has been left there for an extended period of time untouched and so this practice was considered commonplace. Either way, I will be on the lookout for it and be sure to let y'all know if I spot er...
Yes it usually is left there. Typically it gets dropped off sometime Friday before the game and then is picked up sometime Sunday or early am Monday before the students start parking in that lot. In September it stayed there between a couple games even. We've done this for at least 4-5 years and never had any problems. As I mentioned in my original post, if you were to go through the lots right now you would see numerous tents, quite a few BBQs and some furniture type things like our bar all sitting there.

My apologies for not reading the post picture post... I only read the pre picture post...

Just was inquiring. Thanks for re-clarifying

MSU Alumni!

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:27 pm

kmax wrote:

Dollars to donuts its in the Michael Grove area. Just an assumption on my part, might be worth a drive around on a friday/saturday night.

That sucks, if you can't find the old one, i'd pony up a donation

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:28 pm

NrthFce wrote:
kmax wrote:

My apologies for not reading the post picture post... I only read the pre picture post...

Just was inquiring. Thanks for re-clarifying
No worries, it was a valid question.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Has anyone checked Marino's apartment?

#-o

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:50 pm

JDoub wrote:Has anyone checked Marino's apartment?

#-o
That took way longer than I expected. :lol:

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 pm

So what you are saying is your bar went bye bye for the bye week. I sincerely hope it is returned to you in short order. I got to thinking of what may have happened to it and since much of this board is filled with speculation and wondering what happened and will happen about every aspect of Bobcat football, I decided to share some possible scenarios concerning your bar. These are all meant in fun, though it may be too early for you to find any humor in this situation.
1 Maybe a homeless person came upon it and took it to use as their home. If this is the case said homeless person probably feels as if they are now living in a mansion (that bar looked like some solid stuff). If this is what happened it should at least give you a warm feeling knowing that it has helped someone that was homeless become the owner of a hobo mansion.
2 Someone might have taken it and chopped it up for fire wood. If this is what happened that has really gotta burn ya. Sorry for the cheap and uncalled for pun and I do hope this is not what happened. This probably is not what happened because there is undoubtedly enough alcohol soaked into the bar that it would've caused a 3 alarm fire if lit. Keep an eye on the fire department reports.
3 Perhaps the bar was taken by some heavy partyers and it is now the sight of daily parties with near naked hot women dancing on the bar nightly. If this is happening it is doubtful that the bar will be trying on its own to get back to you, but can you blame it?

I'll stop there and if it is too soon or you just don't like it, I apologize and do hope your bar is returned.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:17 pm

We drive by there 7 nights a week after dropping off Gazettes at Kagy store and then Town & Country. I just told my wife the other day, how surprised I was that there was NO vandalism/graffiti on all the trailers and such sitting up there. This sux your bar was stolen. Isn't it the one from the East main liquor, Da Cats commercial?
We will keep an eye out as we are out every night in every corner of town.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:22 pm

gocats wrote:We drive by there 7 nights a week after dropping off Gazettes at Kagy store and then Town & Country. I just told my wife the other day, how surprised I was that there was NO vandalism/graffiti on all the trailers and such sitting up there. This sux your bar was stolen. Isn't it the one from the East main liquor, Da Cats commercial?
Yep, that's the one. I actually looked to see if by chance that commercial was up on YouTube so I could post it but couldn't find it.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:42 pm

kmax wrote:
gocats wrote:We drive by there 7 nights a week after dropping off Gazettes at Kagy store and then Town & Country. I just told my wife the other day, how surprised I was that there was NO vandalism/graffiti on all the trailers and such sitting up there. This sux your bar was stolen. Isn't it the one from the East main liquor, Da Cats commercial?
Yep, that's the one. I actually looked to see if by chance that commercial was up on YouTube so I could post it but couldn't find it.

I have the commercial on my computer, I will try to post it today.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:17 pm

You know its pretty serious when you get the front page of the Chronicle. :lol:

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:59 pm

kcatz wrote:You know its pretty serious when you get the front page of the Chronicle. :lol:
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ne ... 52f0c.html