Cats drop to 10th in latest poll

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Cats drop to 10th in latest poll

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:22 pm

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... 5poll.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But no worries. We still can get seeded in the tournament as long as we keep winning.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cats drop to 10th in latest poll

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:25 pm

How is UNI still ranked?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:47 pm

CatBlitz wrote:How is UNI still ranked?
UNI is the one team that maybe benefits from past performances and tradition than even the Griz do. It seems UNI is in the top 25 most years with a losing record at some point during the season.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:13 pm

We remain #11 in the Coaches Poll

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Ive said the exact same thing the last 3 weeks..haha its mind blowing

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:08 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Ive said the exact same thing the last 3 weeks..haha its mind blowing
The Missouri Valley Conference has replaced the CAA as the sportswriters love affair. The MVC is indeed a very strong conference and I'm not trying to imply otherwise. NDSU is the rising tide that's raising all the other boats.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Who cares? Keep winning. That is what matters. These polls are biased to begin with.

Punters are people too!!

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:28 pm

I am ok with getting leap frogged by an undefeated team.

UNI with 4 losses should not be in the top 25. If a four loss team should be ranked it should be Sam Houston, the only way northern Iowa could possibly be ranked would be because of tradition and Sam Houston has way more recent success than Iowa.

Also, if we keep taking care of business we will move up as some of these other teams get knocked off. Either ewu or um will have at least one more loss. I still think someone will knock off NDSU before the playoffs and one of the other unbeatens will stumble. Mark it down those are my predictions

Anacomando

Post by Anacomando » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Many people already stated this: just keep winning. Plus, remember last November? Until the Cats can go and sweep November the pollsters have merit.

clawman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by clawman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... 5poll.aspx

But no worries. We still can get seeded in the tournament as long as we keep winning.
To get seeded the Cats have to win out AND the Eagles lose at least one. Doubtful that the Big Sky will have two teams seeded.
Montana will most likely lose at least two and possibly three if the Cats can beat them. If they lose three they are most likely not in the playoffs.
Idaho State is WAY under rated, have a good chance of beating the Cats and the second best record in the Big Sky.
If the Eagles lose it will come against the Griz, but by then Vernon will be back so it is doubtful. The question will be his mobility and game shape.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

grizband

Post by grizband » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Either seven or eight teams are seeded now, so it's entirely possible two big sky teams could be seeded

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 pm

clawman wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... 5poll.aspx

To get seeded the Cats have to win out AND the Eagles lose at least one. Doubtful that the Big Sky will have two teams seeded.
Montana will most likely lose at least two and possibly three if the Cats can beat them. If they lose three they are most likely not in the playoffs.
Idaho State is WAY under rated, have a good chance of beating the Cats and the second best record in the Big Sky.
If the Eagles lose it will come against the Griz, but by then Vernon will be back so it is doubtful. The question will be his mobility and game shape.
And I guess honestly I am assuming at least one loss by both the griz and eagles. I don't think that is too far fetched. But can the Cats stay undefeated? Don't know that I expect that but I do believe that if we win out we will be a top 4 team, because other teams will lose.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Let me know what the polls say November 24 and yea... How the h¥€£ is Northern Iowa still anywhere near the radar? Can I get ranked?

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 am

If a four loss team should be ranked it should be Sam Houston
Sammy got blown out and embarrassed at home to a DII (Colo Pueblo), a game they trailed in the 3rd quarter 47-7 before Pueblo started substituting.

SHSU has NO BUSINESS being anywhere NEAR the Top 25.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:30 am

And they could drop to 11th with a bye week, I hope this just pisses off the players so they come out of the bye with a vengance and win out the season.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 am

I think what blows my mind is seeing NAU, Cal Poly and Idaho State so far down in the rankings when yet they are all 4-3. Cal Poly is facing a must win game this weekend against that team. Idaho State is playing very well right now. I can't believe the playoffs are only weeks away.

Punters are people too!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:55 am

GoCats18 wrote:I think what blows my mind is seeing NAU, Cal Poly and Idaho State so far down in the rankings when yet they are all 4-3. Cal Poly is facing a must win game this weekend against that team. Idaho State is playing very well right now. I can't believe the playoffs are only weeks away.
I watched the Cal Poly\Sac game last night on Big Sky TV (Anyone who doesn't have that free app absolutely needs to get it). I don't think the Griz can beat Cal Poly, I really don't. I see a double digit win for the Mustangs. In fact I think the Griz\Sac game will go down to the wire as well and Saffron just may pull that one out too. He is friggin good.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:45 am

On that note since you watched it, how do you think we will do against Poly? We are now to the hardest part of the schedule, and we can't afford to lose any of these games.

Punters are people too!!

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:01 pm

catatac wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I think what blows my mind is seeing NAU, Cal Poly and Idaho State so far down in the rankings when yet they are all 4-3. Cal Poly is facing a must win game this weekend against that team. Idaho State is playing very well right now. I can't believe the playoffs are only weeks away.
I watched the Cal Poly\Sac game last night on Big Sky TV (Anyone who doesn't have that free app absolutely needs to get it). I don't think the Griz can beat Cal Poly, I really don't. I see a double digit win for the Mustangs. In fact I think the Griz\Sac game will go down to the wire as well and Saffron just may pull that one out too. He is friggin good.
I watched that game as well. Even though Cal Poly beat Sac State I think the griz match up well with Cal Poly and the triple option. The griz have a solid defensive line and fast linebackers. If they play disciplined they have the match-ups to beat Poly. If the weather is good in Missoula I think it's Sac State that will handle them. We on the other hand don't match up well with the Cal Poly triple option in the mild weather of SLO.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:04 pm

Man you guys are just constantly talking out your ass about the Griz...some of you think they will lose all of their remaining games..some think they'll lose 3...all of that is just wishful thinking BS! Its the same thing every year, you start predicting the Griz will hit this miraculous November slump??? It never happens, Griz teams historically get better down the stretch...its another team that's known for getting worse! :roll: I expect the Griz to lose one more game...I think it will be EWU, it could possibly be the Cats....tho I think we have a good shot at beating EWU and expect us to beat the Cats....were going to beat CP, well beat Sac St..and well beat Southern Utah....just like we always do, well start to hit our stride, last game the offense started clicking finally, and our defense will maintain...I would start worrying about that November slump right about now if I were you.