Cats drop to 10th in latest poll

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Cats drop to 10th in latest poll

Post by KittieKop » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:53 am

Obviously the plan was for both teams to stay out of the endzone. In that case, it was an utter failure :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cledus wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:The Div 1 records of the Div 1 teams the Bobcats have beat this year;
TEAM......W......L
UCA.......4......4
UND.......3......4
SSU........3......4
UCD.......0......6
WSU.......0......7
TOTALS..10.....29

The Div 1 records of the Div 1 teams that um has beat this year;
TEAM......W......L
USD........1......5
UNC.......2......5
UND.......3......4
UCD.......0......6
TOTALS...6.....20

As you can see neither team has what could be called a 'quality' win as yet (although UCA could be a playoff team in the end???). The toughest part of both our and um's schedule is yet to come. Polls even halfway through the season can certainly be misleading....remember last year.

I like our chances against CP because our run defense performed great against Weber and we have 2 weeks to prepare. I like our chances against um because they haven't shown anything special yet. I just hope we can handle 'the big human' and company when they come to town. But as always, the most important game is the next game.
Not to nitpick or stand up for the grizzly bear team, but they did play North Dakota State.
And they got dominated. Cats played #2 ewoo, and had the lead with 90 seconds left. The post was talking about quality wins. Gritz don't have any. In fairness, neither does anyone else in the big sky. UCA is probably the best win in the entire conference.

I think (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but the entire big sky conference only has 1 win against a non-conference team with a winning record, and that was UND beating Stoney Brook.
Youre a fool if you think NDSU dominated the Griz...the Griz went into the game..planning to let NDSU kick field goals and keep them out of the endzone...they did that...their kicker hit five field goals..and they beat the Griz by 12...the better team grinded out a game and won...it was not dominating what so ever.
:lol: NDSU had 24 first downs to the grizz 9. 79 total plays to 48. 447 yards to 256. 280 yards rushing to 68. 40 minutes TOP to 20. :lol: The grizz were utterly dominated in that game. Nice try.
Ya but they meant to do that. #-o
I love it!! The plan is to let them kick field goals. Haha!
If you've really never heard of that you really are a fool and its no wonder the Cats are the joke that they are....you ever heard of the bend but don't break approach?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:34 pm

If the Cats are 4-0 in conference and are a joke. What does that make the griz? :-k

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:12 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cledus wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:The Div 1 records of the Div 1 teams the Bobcats have beat this year;
TEAM......W......L
UCA.......4......4
UND.......3......4
SSU........3......4
UCD.......0......6
WSU.......0......7
TOTALS..10.....29

TEAM......W......L
USD........1......5
UNC.......2......5
UND.......3......4
UCD.......0......6
TOTALS...6.....20

As you can see neither team has what could be called a 'quality' win as yet (although UCA could be a playoff team in the end???). The toughest part of both our and um's schedule is yet to come. Polls even halfway through the season can certainly be misleading....remember last year.

I like our chances against CP because our run defense performed great against Weber and we have 2 weeks to prepare. I like our chances against um because they haven't shown anything special yet. I just hope we can handle 'the big human' and company when they come to town. But as always, the most important game is the next game.
Not to nitpick or stand up for the grizzly bear team, but they did play North Dakota State.
And they got dominated. Cats played #2 ewoo, and had the lead with 90 seconds left. The post was talking about quality wins. Gritz don't have any. In fairness, neither does anyone else in the big sky. UCA is probably the best win in the entire conference.

I think (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but the entire big sky conference only has 1 win against a non-conference team with a winning record, and that was UND beating Stoney Brook.
Youre a fool if you think NDSU dominated the Griz...the Griz went into the game..planning to let NDSU kick field goals and keep them out of the endzone...they did that...their kicker hit five field goals..and they beat the Griz by 12...the better team grinded out a game and won...it was not dominating what so ever.
:lol: NDSU had 24 first downs to the grizz 9. 79 total plays to 48. 447 yards to 256. 280 yards rushing to 68. 40 minutes TOP to 20. :lol: The grizz were utterly dominated in that game. Nice try.
If you've really never heard of that you really are a fool and its no wonder the Cats are the joke that they are....you ever heard of the bend but don't break approach?
Yes, ive heard of bend, but don't break and I've heard of teams trying to hold teams to FGs, but never heard anyone describe that as letting teams kick FGs. Sounds like sunting a wittle kid wuld say.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Hopefully Cal Poly gives the Griz their spanking and sends them home, That would hopefully keep the Griz fans quiet around here for awhile.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:37 pm

catatac wrote:Hopefully Cal Poly gives the Griz their spanking and sends them home, That would hopefully keep the Griz fans quiet around here for awhile.
Yeah, maybe a day or two. They never seem to stay quiet for long.....

Robert Martin
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Robert Martin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:52 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Cledus wrote:
TEAM......W......L
UCA.......4......4
UND.......3......4
SSU........3......4
UCD.......0......6
WSU.......0......7
TOTALS..10.....29

TEAM......W......L
USD........1......5
UNC.......2......5
UND.......3......4
UCD.......0......6
TOTALS...6.....20

Yes, ive heard of bend, but don't break and I've heard of teams trying to hold teams to FGs, but never heard anyone describe that as letting teams kick FGs. Sounds like sunting a wittle kid wuld say.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Hawks86 wrote:If the Cats are 4-0 in conference and are a joke. What does that make the griz? :-k
elite. or so i have been told. :shock:

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Hawks86 wrote:If the Cats are 4-0 in conference and are a joke. What does that make the griz? :-k
The butt of many many jokes no matter what their record. So many of their fans just earn that butt year after year.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Robert Martin
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Robert Martin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:31 am

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:I don't think half of AGS are picking the Griz to lose 3 more games tho....just wishful thinking...its the same every year...you guys sit over here and go ohh that games gonna get the Griz..ohhh that games gonna be tough..theyll get beat....every game is tough in the BSC...and usually when the Griz come to town that is that teams toughest game of the year.
Well, Well, Well. The "self anointed" great defense of the Griz was just taken to the woodshed and spanked. Exposed in a big way. The Griz gave up 420 yards to a team that averages 333! Did you realize the Griz are rated 5th in the BSC in Rushing Defense, behind EWU and MSU?

Here is something the Griz should not be cheering about, a win by NAU. I loss by NAU was more beneficial, as it gets them out of the mix. One less team to worry about.

I might have been a little optimistic when I thought the Griz would win 1 more game in the last 5. With what I saw today, any high power, balanced offense, is going to walk over you.

Where would the Griz be if they had to play NAU, and ISU?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:54 am

Bye week was good to the Cats. They will probably move to no. 8 and are in first in the BSC. At this rate someone might win a BSC POW award. :wink:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber