Spinning Bobcat

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

5yearfreshman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Spinning Bobcat

Post by 5yearfreshman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:55 am

I know it's been beat to death before on here, but It Pi$$es me off that we have a nice big scoreboard and 75% of the time we get to see the CAT Logo spinning around. I know it would be a real bad thing to show anything controversial and have the crowd get rowdy but could we at least get the advertisement on the very bottom of the screen removed or made smaller so you could see the full screen when they do show a replay. Going to be a long 12 days before the next game so might as well beat this to death again......................

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spinning Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:58 am

Do they still show replays on the big screen? I haven't seen one up there in so long I cant remember the last time it was, I thought it was strictly for advertising now

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

RangeRider
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RangeRider » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 am

They did show one replay up there, briefly in the 3rd quarter, but that was the only one I saw the entire game.

msubobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msubobcat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:07 am

Rule of thumb. If you there is a play worth seeing a replay on it will not be shown. It is truly a waste.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:11 am

5yearfreshman wrote:I know it's been beat to death before on here, but It Pi$$es me off that we have a nice big scoreboard and 75% of the time we get to see the CAT Logo spinning around. I know it would be a real bad thing to show anything controversial and have the crowd get rowdy but could we at least get the advertisement on the very bottom of the screen removed or made smaller so you could see the full screen when they do show a replay. Going to be a long 12 days before the next game so might as well beat this to death again......................
I saw several replays on the screen, so it's not like they never use it for that. From MSU's perspective, I can see why they don't always show replays of controversial plays. They are quite rightly trying to promote an atmosphere of good sportsmanship and respect for the opponents and officials - just look at the video that gets played prior to every game. Replaying controversial calls that MSU fans will always biasedly think went against us at first glance doesn't do much in accomplishing that. It's better for the team to move on from a bad call and focus on the next play - I'd say it's better for the fans to do that as well and watch the replay when you get home if you would like to do so.

Also if you want the size of the ads to be reduced, prepare for an increase in ticket prices as MSU finds a way to make up for their lost advertising revenue!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 am

Curious.... is that the norm for most college and nfl stadiums.

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:17 am

UC-Davis had every play up there, even during the high tempo offense stretches. It got to the point they even had the Root live feed a few times.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:38 am

SaxCat wrote:UC-Davis had every play up there, even during the high tempo offense stretches. It got to the point they even had the Root live feed a few times.
Do the Griz show controversial replays? We pay good $ for our tickets. We have a very nice big screen .... It should be used! The refs are big boys, they are getting paid to be out there and should have a backbone if they are. We should not plan our game day experience for the fans around the referees. Maybe it would help them be more accountable anyway.

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:39 am

wbtfg wrote:Curious.... is that the norm for most college and nfl stadiums.
No its not, Griz games show every play live, and than usually an instant replay after every play, although the Griz also take about 30 seconds in between plays too...get on our level ****** cats!

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:41 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
SaxCat wrote:UC-Davis had every play up there, even during the high tempo offense stretches. It got to the point they even had the Root live feed a few times.
Do the Griz show controversial replays? We pay good $ for our tickets. We have a very nice big screen .... It should be used! The refs are big boys, they are getting paid to be out there and should have a backbone if they are. We should not plan our game day experience for the fans around the referees. Maybe it would help them be more accountable anyway.
Like I just said, yes we do, even if it is a negative play for the Griz, a replay is usually shown....also again like I said, the play is shown live as it happens on field as well.

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am

I agree. Very annoying and disappointing that we do not use the screen to its potential. That being said, would it really matter. I think the screen as a project was the biggest mistake the university made. First of all. It looks like s#$!#. There are black streaks running through the entire screen. And the big hype of this is the biggest hi def screen in the nation...blahahaha. what a joke. If it truly is, then I would rather have a larger screen with less hi def. Like wassu / Texas/ pretty much any other school out there. After the ads are placed on the screen, it is a tiny picture to try and see anything with. On top of that, I think the replay feed they use is shot from a satellite. You really can't see anything when they do show it.

They need to get their $ back because I would imagine there is a warranty on the poor quality after only a few years. Then they need to replace with a larger screen for everyone to he able to see. Then they need to get different camera angles to show. I think the TV view would be best. Then replay every play once. If its controversial, don't show it after the 1st replay. If its going to get the crowd in a frenzy ....so be it...it is home field advantage ..lets take advantage of it. It is up to cat fans to keep our frenzy in a respectable manner. Nothing wrong with firing up the crowd.

5yearfreshman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 5yearfreshman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:14 am

MSU01 wrote:
5yearfreshman wrote:I know it's been beat to death before on here, but It Pi$$es me off that we have a nice big scoreboard and 75% of the time we get to see the CAT Logo spinning around. I know it would be a real bad thing to show anything controversial and have the crowd get rowdy but could we at least get the advertisement on the very bottom of the screen removed or made smaller so you could see the full screen when they do show a replay. Going to be a long 12 days before the next game so might as well beat this to death again......................
I saw several replays on the screen, so it's not like they never use it for that. From MSU's perspective, I can see why they don't always show replays of controversial plays. They are quite rightly trying to promote an atmosphere of good sportsmanship and respect for the opponents and officials - just look at the video that gets played prior to every game. Replaying controversial calls that MSU fans will always biasedly think went against us at first glance doesn't do much in accomplishing that. It's better for the team to move on from a bad call and focus on the next play - I'd say it's better for the fans to do that as well and watch the replay when you get home if you would like to do so.

Also if you want the size of the ads to be reduced, prepare for an increase in ticket prices as MSU finds a way to make up for their lost advertising revenue!
Several replays....wow didn't they do great. What about several more? So Next year when they start using instant replay to change calls on the field Bobcat fans get to go home and watch the 10:00 news to see it......If booing the refs for making a bad call is bad Sportsmanship then we should stop making noise when our defense is on the field so their team can hear the quarterback, that would be good sportsmanship.......and if I have to pay another $50 dollars a ticket each year so we could use a scoreboard for the intended propose..... sign me up.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 am

Our scoreboard is a joke. I would rather look at the poster on the back all game then the screen itself. Waste of money, never should have been bought. They should have doubled the money spent and gotten twice as much screen. My only hope is that a tornado knocks it over, and we can try it all over again. Otherwise guess what, 30 years from now we will still be talking about this same scorboard. Yippy!

Punters are people too!!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

I like the scoreboard. If the scoreboard is causing you this much strife maybe you should move to a different state. :wink:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:51 am

Gonna be a long 2 weeks of searching really hard for something to be negative about.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:54 am

Hawks86 wrote:Gonna be a long 2 weeks of searching really hard for something to be negative about.
Well if you don't like it, why don't you move? :wink:

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 am

I want something better because the better your stadium and facilities are, along with how good your team is, the better your recruiting will be. EWU is about to start remodeling their stadium, and it will only help them. The time needs to come soon that the East bleacher go away and something new is put up, and a new screen needs to be put in. That is what you do if you want to be the best.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 am

GoCats18 wrote:I want something better because the better your stadium and facilities are, along with how good your team is, the better your recruiting will be. EWU is about to start remodeling their stadium, and it will only help them. The time needs to come soon that the East bleacher go away and something new is put up, and a new screen needs to be put in. That is what you do if you want to be the best.
Eastern is actually going to do the remodel now? I know they talked about it a couple years ago but then it seemed to go into a quiet phase.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:31 am

GoCats18 wrote:I want something better because the better your stadium and facilities are, along with how good your team is, the better your recruiting will be. EWU is about to start remodeling their stadium, and it will only help them. The time needs to come soon that the East bleacher go away and something new is put up, and a new screen needs to be put in. That is what you do if you want to be the best.
Maybe if you cry and stomp your feet a little harder daddy will give you what you want.

I didn't see anyone else standing in line with $1 million when it came scoreboard time.

While you're at it, figure out a way to retire the debt from the 1998 remodel, plus the debt from the 2010 remodel. Maybe pass a coffee can at the game.

And EWU? Yeah, they've been shopping that remodel since - I believe - 2010 and haven't started jack. Remember MSU's long range remodel plan from about 2008?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 am

allcat wrote:
Eastern is actually going to do the remodel now? I know they talked about it a couple years ago but then it seemed to go into a quiet phase.
EWU will never get that remodel done...WHY..because nobody gives a ****** about EWU in Washington.