2nd Half Slump

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

2nd Half Slump

Post by 4thecats » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Well it has been mentioned by griz fans recently, and to be fair they have a valid point. The Cats have had a tendency to have a 2bd half of the season slump. So is the close game to a winless Weber team a sign of the dreaded 2nd half slump? Are teams going to figure out how to stop the Bobcats offense by slowing down the success of Prukop?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2nd Half Slump

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Yep! To be honest, every D coordinator we will play will have already decided that our offense goes through Prukop! But, to stop him is easier said than done. You can ONLY hope to contain him, and he doesn't care so long as he makes correct reads and dishes the ball to the open man. THAT is the hard part to stop. Every game Dakota only gets better, and to be honest, I'm glad he had a WSU in his belt because he was making it look way too easy. We knew it couldn't continue on that level, but he now gets to go back, regroup and come our firing again.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:14 pm

catsrback76 wrote:Yep! To be honest, every D coordinator we will play will have already decided that our offense goes through Prukop! But, to stop him is easier said than done. You can ONLY hope to contain him, and he doesn't care so long as he makes correct reads and dishes the ball to the open man. THAT is the hard part to stop. Every game Dakota only gets better, and to be honest, I'm glad he had a WSU in his belt because he was making it look way too easy. We knew it couldn't continue on that level, but he now gets to go back, regroup and come our firing again.
He admitted that his reads were lacking some against WAU - the upside of that is that with his attitude, he will grow from it and be even that much better.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:34 pm

4thecats wrote:Well it has been mentioned by griz fans recently, and to be fair they have a valid point. The Cats have had a tendency to have a 2bd half of the season slump. So is the close game to a winless Weber team a sign of the dreaded 2nd half slump? Are teams going to figure out how to stop the Bobcats offense by slowing down the success of Prukop?
I believe we could have blown it open agains Weeber if we we wanted. This is not a slight on Weeber, I just think we could go deep whenever we want with the speed of our receivers. Honestly, try to cover them, see what happens. To address the statement above, I am dearly hoping that our trend is halted. Further, I think the cat fans take too much crap Griz fans, and defer to their big-brother mentality. Screw those guys. Lets hang 50 on em and jam it down their throats. Let them taste five different running backs running power on them and get burned by three freshman on the perimeter. Might as well do it to all remaining games. Also, Ash is not controlling the offense anymore. Hooray Hooray. We've got the personnel to take it- lets do it.

O and another thing, let them all think "if they can only stop Prukop" all they want. Prukop is a distributor. As mentioned many times before, we have like four options on each play. You do the math. Ok, I'm done.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:55 pm

We didn't want to blow it open?

I hate dark pink

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:12 pm

I don't know these collapses of which you speak. 2013, clearly, although those were only 3 of the 5 losses.

In 2012, cats beat the grits in Missoula, won their 1st playoff game, and lost to the natl runners up. Only regular season loss came in October, to ewoo, eventual semi finalists, who also got beat badly by Sammy.

2011: cats lost a heartbreaker at home to the fizz, finishing with 2 losses on the regular season. Won 1 playoff game & lost in QF to the buzz saw named Sammy (who handled our friends to the west quite nicely the next week).

2010: finished the season with 3 losses: in September to Wazzu, in October to NAU, and in nov or dec to NDSU in a spectacular 4th quarter collapse.

2009: sigh, I'm too tired to look it up.

Don't feed the griz trolls. In those 4 years, the cats have something like a total 7 losses. 3 of them last year. 1 more to the griz. 2 to Sammy, on their way to the chipper. And 1 to NDSU. That period also includes 2 wins in Missoula, the toughest place to play in all college football, and 2 playoff wins. If that's a history of collapse, sign me up.

I'd love to have another late season collapse that ended with a win in Missoula, and a 1st round home win in the playoffs! :D

clawman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by clawman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 pm

11/9/2013 * at Eastern Washington L 29-54 Box Score Cheney, WA Root Sports Details
11/16/2013 * SOUTHERN UTAH (MILITARY APPRECIATION) L 14-22 Box Score Bozeman, MT Max Media Details
11/23/2013 * MONTANA (SENIOR RECOGNITION) L 14-28 Box Score Bozeman, MT Root Sports Details

Definition of a collapse- see above!
onceacat wrote:I don't know these collapses of which you speak. 2013, clearly, although those were only 3 of the 5 losses.

In 2012, cats beat the grits in Missoula, won their 1st playoff game, and lost to the natl runners up. Only regular season loss came in October, to ewoo, eventual semi finalists, who also got beat badly by Sammy.

2011: cats lost a heartbreaker at home to the fizz, finishing with 2 losses on the regular season. Won 1 playoff game & lost in QF to the buzz saw named Sammy (who handled our friends to the west quite nicely the next week).

2010: finished the season with 3 losses: in September to Wazzu, in October to NAU, and in nov or dec to NDSU in a spectacular 4th quarter collapse.

Don't feed the griz trolls. In those 4 years, the cats have something like a total 7 losses. 3 of them last year. 1 more to the griz. 2 to Sammy, on their way to the chipper. And 1 to NDSU. That period also includes 2 wins in Missoula, the toughest place to play in all college football, and 2 playoff wins. If that's a history of collapse, sign me up.

I'd love to have another late season collapse that ended with a win in Missoula, and a 1st round home win in the playoffs! :D

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Cat8191
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat8191 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Gee Claw, I bet you didn't get thet there ewooo degree in Readin', didja?

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 pm

clawman wrote:11/9/2013 * at Eastern Washington L 29-54 Box Score Cheney, WA Root Sports Details
11/16/2013 * SOUTHERN UTAH (MILITARY APPRECIATION) L 14-22 Box Score Bozeman, MT Max Media Details
11/23/2013 * MONTANA (SENIOR RECOGNITION) L 14-28 Box Score Bozeman, MT Root Sports Details

Definition of a collapse- see above!
onceacat wrote:I don't know these collapses of which you speak. 2013, clearly, although those were only 3 of the 5 losses.

[

I don't want the 2013 collapse (see above-we had 2 losses in the first 4 games too). I want the 2010 or 2011 collapse.

Seriously, no wonder griz have a big brother complex.