MSU Sunday Notebook

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

MSU Sunday Notebook

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:33 pm

2014 Football Sunday Notebook
October 19, 2014

INJURY REPORT
OUT - SEASON: WR David Dash, CB Jaylen Price, LB Blake Braun, DE Robert Wilcox, WR Brandon Davis, WR Manny Kalfell, WR Brian Flotkoetter, LB Wyatt Christensen.
OUT – INDEFINITELY: DB James Nelson.
QUESTIONABLE: LB Michael Foster.

BOBCAT NOTES
• Shawn Johnson’s 187 all-purpose yards Saturday raise his career total to 4,125, leaving him 54 yards short of Ryan Johnson’s school record (4,179).
• Shawn Johnson rushed for 153 yards Saturday, his second 100-yard game this season and the fourth of his career. His career rushing total now 1,371 yards, 23rd in Bobcat history.
• Rob Ash’s teams are now 20-0 when his defense scores after Deonte Flowers’ pick-six at UC Davis
• Chad Newell scored his fourth career touchdown Saturday, his second on the ground to go with two touchdown catches, but his 12 carries and 62 rushing yards were each career bests.
• The Bobcats rushed for 304 yards vs. Weber State on Saturday, the team’s third 300-yard rushing game of 2014 (MSU also gained 299 yards on the ground against Eastern Washington), and second in a row. Among Bobcat teams since 1993, only the 2011 squad posted two 300-yard rushing days. In fact, Rob Ash’s eight MSU teams have now gained 300 yards or more rushing nine times, while the previous 15 Bobcat squads combined for five.
• In the last four games, Alex Singlet has averaged 10.3 tackles per game, and has compiled five tackles-for-loss, three pass breakups, an interception, aforced fumble, a quarterback hurry, and a blocked kick.
• Odin Coe registered 2.5 sacks Saturday, and now has a team-high six on the season.
• Senior tight end Tiai Salanoa has caught at least one pass in each game this season.
• The Bobcats completed only 11 passeson Saturday, the lowest total this season, but those completions were distributed among eight receivers.
• Montana State completes 69.4% of its passes on the season, the best mark in the FCS.
• The Bobcats continue to lead the FCS in net punting, at 43.3 yards per kick.
• Montana State remains second nationally in team pass efficiency, behind only Villanova, and Bobcat sophomore Dakota Prukop is second individually in that category behind VU’s John Robertson.
• Running back Anthony Knight, who served a one-game suspension Saturday, was reinstated by Bobcat coach Rob Ash on Sunday.

TEAM AWARDS vs. UC DAVIS
OFFENSIVE SCOUT OF THE WEEK: TE Beau Sandland (
DEFENSIVE SCOUT OF THE WEEK: DT Tucker Yates (Colstrip)
SPECIAL TEAMS SCOUT OF THE WEEK: Tavon Dodd (Houston, TX)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

NewEra
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU Sunday Notebook

Post by NewEra » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 pm

seems if my memory hasnt failed Dodd has racked up a couple scout of the week awards so far. Nice to see Sandland getting scout of the week as well, he will be fun to watch next year.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Nice not seeing Godecke on the list anymore. Ash said he should be ready for last four games. Called him a super-sub.

Foster (concussion) could be back for the Cal Poly game. Ash sounded like he was looking forward to him being back.

Seemed like Alley, Garcia and Young were in a lot vs WSU, but I'm not sure if that was the case.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Nice not seeing Godecke on the list anymore. Ash said he should be ready for last four games. Called him a super-sub.

Foster (concussion) could be back for the Cal Poly game. Ash sounded like he was looking forward to him being back.

Seemed like Alley, Garcia and Young were in a lot vs WSU, but I'm not sure if that was the case.
Tom, what was the personal foul on Garcia? We couldn't see it on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

NewEra
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by NewEra » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:19 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Nice not seeing Godecke on the list anymore. Ash said he should be ready for last four games. Called him a super-sub.

Excessive celebration i believe

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:20 pm

NewEra wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Wow. Thank you!

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
NewEra wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Wow. Thank you!

Not a very good call.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

KaliCatFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KaliCatFan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:41 pm

The call on Garcia was legit, he shoved a o-lineman well after the play, you can see it clearly on tv.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:39 am

KaliCatFan wrote:The call on Garcia was legit, he shoved a o-lineman well after the play, you can see it clearly on tv.
Yeah, it wasn't an unsportsman like penalty, it was unnecessary roughness, and a number of us saw it clearly as well.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 am

KaliCatFan wrote:The call on Garcia was legit, he shoved a o-lineman well after the play, you can see it clearly on tv.
Yup. Granted the WSU OL initiated everything, Garcia responded and that's what the ref saw. Stupid action by Garcia.