Sky is Falling!!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Whisky_Ditch
BobcatNation Team Captain

Sky is Falling!!!!

Post by Whisky_Ditch » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:37 pm

I can't believe that this forum can be so incredibly negative. For a team that had a lot of questions marks before the season, we are:

- #9 in Country
- #1 in Big Sky
- Have had National or Conference Player of the week nearly every week
- Have had 19k+ crowds for every game
- Have #2 Offense in the Country

The expectations have gotten extremely unrealistic. When can we start enjoying the great program that we have?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Re: Sky is Falling!!!!

Post by FTG06' » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 pm

I won't speak for others, but my expectations have certainly been exceeded thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:41 pm

I guess for me I don't know how much my ticker can handle. You just never know with tis team, when this game was in hand then Weber throws in a second stringer and he lights up the field and gets them back in the game. Definitely the Cardiac Cats

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:43 pm

FTG06' wrote:I won't speak for others, but my expectations have certainly been exceeded thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine too - I thought pre-season that MSU wouldn't go through the Sac/U.C-David part of the schedule 2-0 and would be 5-3 at this point. Enjoy the ride, chances are MSU won't win a NC but they have certainly been entertaining this year if not good for our collective heart health!

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Defense showed up today. Good job! How can we not expect the teams to figure out Prukop? He is their target. I wish we would figure out more trickery especially with all of the quarterbacks we have! All in all I had a blast and loved every minute!

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Sky isn't falling. O had an off day. Defense redeemed themselves. All is good in the homeland; a win is a win. Kinda ugly, but so was last week.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:48 pm

BCManiac
I understand you knit during the game.

I agree more trickery. Especially on defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:35 pm

I know Weber State is winless, but people need to look at their schedule and realize that that was a good team we played against. Arizona State, NDSU, Sac State, Stephen F. Austin, SUU, Cal Poly..........3 of those were less than 11 points, NDSU was 24-7, and SFA and ASU were the only other ones to win by more than 11. I don't really think there is a really bad team or a really good team in the Big Sky this year. I have been impressed with our offense at times, and impressed with our defense at times. Nobody has a team whose offense, defense and special teams are all playing amazing this year. Proud the Cats won yesterday, but we are going to really be tested these last few games. Oh, and from now on, forget trying to block the punt and just focus on protecting against a fake and returning the ball.

Punters are people too!!

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:16 am

I'm looking for Weber to win at home against PSU, and then probably another win at home against a crumbling NAU team. Their @UND game will be a fantastic matchup that could easily go to Weber. Then it's UNC at home for a win to make them (possibly) 4-3 in conference play. If ISU is crumbling by then (which, let's be honest, could happen), they could actually get that win too. It's possible we just beat a 5-3 team, or quite easily a 4-4 team. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm satisfied we found a way to win and go into the bye week at 4-0.

From here, as has been mentioned on several threads, we have the 2 weeks to prepare for the Poly wing T triple option. We also get to use the film of um/Poly game, which is a game where Poly will need to show anything and everything they have to get the win. After their heartbreaking loss last year in Missoula and the fact they've started 3-1, I really believe they deliver a very highly emotional, hard fought, and highly physical game. Win or lose, it will hard to do that two weeks in a row. Assuming our CA mojo shows up again and the offense catches fire, I believe we are going to win this game at Poly. 5-0.

I like us delivering a beat down to PSU at home the following week, and it easily be something similar to the beat down on a frozen day a couple years ago. I'm hoping we won't see any major injuries against the cheating bastards. 6-0.

If nothing else, we will jacked up to welcome Kramer back to Bozeman in the following game. I believe many of our secondary malaise will be fixed, mostly by creating a tremendous pass rush, and ISU has an off day in very cold weather. I'll be looking for DP to give on most of the reads in a ground and pound type attack and could easily yield yet another 300 yard rushing day. We will win the game IMO. 7-0 heading over to MSO.

My point? No, the sky isn't falling.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 am

ISU is a mainly passing team and our DB's are giving up more than our d-line. In fact the strongest position in the offseason, really has become our weakest link. Hopefully with 2 weeks off we can get something figured out there.

Punters are people too!!

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:40 am

GoCats18 wrote:ISU is a mainly passing team and our DB's are giving up more than our d-line. In fact the strongest position in the offseason, really has become our weakest link. Hopefully with 2 weeks off we can get something figured out there.
Any defense creating as little pressure as we were is going to get gouged. That seemed to change against Weber and I now have hope. I think it's a combination of Coe stepping up in a big way, Hutchins starting to play at a much higher level, and some changes in the scheme. We now use Fa'anano to bring edge pressure on Viper, and we also are blitzing Singleton from the other edge. If we can get to the QB and make plays against ISU, we will be successful.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:48 am

Darth Yoda wrote:I like us delivering a beat down to PSU at home the following week, and it easily be something similar to the beat down on a frozen day a couple years ago. I'm hoping we won't see any major injuries against the cheating bastards. 6-0.
I remember looking at the PSU players at that game a couple years ago and they all appeared to have the attitude "I do not want to be here." And that was before the game started. Only got worse as the game progressed. Was kind of surprised they even came out of the locker room after the half.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:50 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:ISU is a mainly passing team and our DB's are giving up more than our d-line. In fact the strongest position in the offseason, really has become our weakest link. Hopefully with 2 weeks off we can get something figured out there.
Any defense creating as little pressure as we were is going to get gouged. That seemed to change against Weber and I now have hope. I think it's a combination of Coe stepping up in a big way, Hutchins starting to play at a much higher level, and some changes in the scheme. We now use Fa'anano to bring edge pressure on Viper, and we also are blitzing Singleton from the other edge. If we can get to the QB and make plays against ISU, we will be successful.
When you throw 50 times a game, I think you only get away with it because if very quick releases. ISU offense is vastly different from WSU. We had time to get to these qb's, sacking ISU will be much harder.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Bengal visitor
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bengal visitor » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:16 am

Don't look now, but Idaho State has the leading rusher in the Big Sky. The addition of a "real" running game has made all the difference in this year's offense. We still have a hard time stopping folks, and our special teams have been a nightmare (up until a very nice effort against SUU), but nobody's really been able to stop our offense consistently. If we don't get hit too hard by the injury bug (and Justin Arias is the one irreplaceable part, so he must stay healthy), we should be able to score against most folks.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:00 pm

I have a hard time figuring ISU out. Played Utah and Utah St. seemingly well. Barely beat Chadron. Beat Canadian DII Simon Fraser as expected. Hope we're ready.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm

CatBlitz wrote:I have a hard time figuring ISU out. Played Utah and Utah St. seemingly well. Barely beat Chadron. Beat Canadian DII Simon Fraser as expected. Hope we're ready.
I could have sworn you've been a Cat fan for a while, you basically just described nearly every MSU season under Mike Kramer. ;)

That said, MSU will be a big game for ISU so if the standard holds the Cats better be ready.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:13 pm

kmax wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:I have a hard time figuring ISU out. Played Utah and Utah St. seemingly well. Barely beat Chadron. Beat Canadian DII Simon Fraser as expected. Hope we're ready.
I could have sworn you've been a Cat fan for a while, you basically just described nearly every MSU season under Mike Kramer. ;)

That said, MSU will be a big game for ISU so if the standard holds the Cats better be ready.
Hahaha. I didn't even think about the Kramer aspect as I typed that. Fitting. :lol:

We better be ready or it's going to be another shootout.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I know Weber State is winless, but people need to look at their schedule and realize that that was a good team we played against. Arizona State, NDSU, Sac State, Stephen F. Austin, SUU, Cal Poly..........3 of those were less than 11 points, NDSU was 24-7, and SFA and ASU were the only other ones to win by more than 11. I don't really think there is a really bad team or a really good team in the Big Sky this year. I have been impressed with our offense at times, and impressed with our defense at times. Nobody has a team whose offense, defense and special teams are all playing amazing this year. Proud the Cats won yesterday, but we are going to really be tested these last few games. Oh, and from now on, forget trying to block the punt and just focus on protecting against a fake and returning the ball.
Well said, eventually that defensive aggression will get you:)

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:16 am

I just hope no players, coaches, parents, or player family members read on BN this weekend, because it's gonna get real weird for a week around here.

If your left, you aren’t right.

ImagineSanta

Post by ImagineSanta » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:44 am

CatBlitz wrote:
kmax wrote:

Hahaha. I didn't even think about the Kramer aspect as I typed that. Fitting. :lol:

We better be ready or it's going to be another shootout.
I think the bigger issue that you both have seemed to let slip by is that this guy is calling the offensive plays and they are scoring so many points:

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad