Ash milestone

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Ash milestone

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:25 pm

I knew Saturday marked Rob Ash's 60th win at Montana State. But I didn't realize the weight that held in Big Sky history. Here's from the Big Sky notes:
ASH, BALDWIN REACH MILESTONE: Montana State’s Rob Ash and Eastern Washington’s Beau Baldwin each recorded their 60th career win while coaching in the Big Sky last Saturday. The two became the seventh and eighth coaches respectively to reach the 60-win plateau. Ash is 60-29 in his eighth season with the Bobcats. He has an overall coaching record of 236-128-5 in his 35th season as a head coach. Ash was previously at Drake and Juniata. Baldwin is 60-23 in his seventh season with the Eagles. He has an overall coaching record of 70-26 in eight seasons with a one-year stint at Central Washington. Of the eight coaches in league history with 60 wins, five are currently coaching in the league. Northern Arizona’s Jerome Souers ranks second in all-time wins with 96. Idaho State coach Mike Kramer moved into a tie for third place last Saturday, earning his 85th career win. Cal Poly coach Tim Walsh is fifth on the all-time list with 81. Former Nevada coach and college football Hall of Famer Chris Ault is the all-time leader with 111. Kramer is tied with former Montana coach Don Read with 85. Former Montana coach Bobby Hauck is sixth on the list with 80.
Ash's 237 wins are the 32nd most in college football history, one behind Ohio State legend Woody Hayes. Only five active coaches have more.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Ash milestone

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Congrats Coach!! I can see him going for the record here!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Just think how many wins he'd have if he could ever win a big game. [/sarcasm]

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:43 pm

MSU01 wrote:Just think how many wins he'd have if he could ever win a big game. [/sarcasm]
LOL! Yep, he'd be at 63 right now instead of 60. =D^ =D^ :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Yeah, that's frickin' amazing since he has no idea what he's doing, doesn't listen to his assistant coaches, his players hate him, picked the wrong QB this year and probably went home last night and kicked the dog for good measure. :wink:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:25 am

KittieKop wrote:Yeah, that's frickin' amazing since he has no idea what he's doing, doesn't listen to his assistant coaches, his players hate him, picked the wrong QB this year and probably went home last night and kicked the dog for good measure. :wink:
:D well played!!!