Prukop's blocks

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Prukop's blocks

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Watched the Bobcat Report last night and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the two, not one, but two blocks he had to spring Johnson on his 16-yard TD run. That was amazing for anyone, especially a QB.

SonomaCat

Re: Prukop's blocks

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:26 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:Watched the Bobcat Report last night and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the two, not one, but two blocks he had to spring Johnson on his 16-yard TD run. That was amazing for anyone, especially a QB.
In my opinion, the two most impressive plays of the game were Prukops two blocks on that TD and Paige pulling the reception away from the defender (who pretty much had the INT until Paige took it from him) on the out route in the 4th quarter.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:Watched the Bobcat Report last night and I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the two, not one, but two blocks he had to spring Johnson on his 16-yard TD run. That was amazing for anyone, especially a QB.
In my opinion, the two most impressive plays of the game were Prukops two blocks on that TD and Paige pulling the reception away from the defender (who pretty much had the INT until Paige took it from him) on the out route in the 4th quarter.
That was a great play by Paige. I had entirely forgotten about it.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:37 pm

When that play was happening I was ready to concede a decent run around the corner for a few yards and then I lost my mind when he laid that block. Wasn't the big "hit" block that makes you yell but I was out of my chair cheering it in for a TD.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:41 pm

If you watch SJ on the replay, when he gets into the EZ he turns and points right at DP, he knew that DP was responsible for the TD

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:46 pm

cats2506 wrote:If you watch SJ on the replay, when he gets into the EZ he turns and points right at DP, he knew that DP was responsible for the TD
He made a point to give Prukop credit on the BSR last night too.

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey since we got penalized 30 yards for chop blocks. Isn't prukops block on that touchdown also a chop block? Can someone educate me why it isn't?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Illegal chop block is when you cut someone who is already engaged with a blocker. Prukops block was a legal cut

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:04 pm

wbtfg wrote:Illegal chop block is when you cut someone who is already engaged with a blocker. Prukops block was a legal cut

Ya, it takes two to chop.

From where I was standing I had no idea how that play developed. When I saw Coach McEndo's twitter post I about pooped. That is the play of the year so far.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:42 pm

vike_king wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Illegal chop block is when you cut someone who is already engaged with a blocker. Prukops block was a legal cut

From where I was standing I had no idea how that play developed. When I saw Coach McEndo's twitter post I about pooped. That is the play of the year so far.
The play of the year so far in my mind is DP hurdling the defender on his way to the end zone. Btw, I am really impressed by his moxy and leadership. He conducts himself differently it seems than DMac, and I loved Dmac- thought he was a great general, however, so far when I read Prukop's quotes, it seems like he has the "it" factor and a calming influence on this team.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:01 pm

I've learned DP got a minus on this play lol. He has specific instructions to never put his right shoulder in danger. Apparently he got his butt chewed out on the sideline. :lol:

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:I've learned DP got a minus on this play lol. He has specific instructions to never put his right shoulder in danger. :lol:
I was going to ask if the coaches were OK with this sort of block by Prukop. It's hard to keep an extreme competitor from trying his all to win, so I'm guessing while he teammates absolutely loved the effort, some of the veterans, as well as the coaches, gave some constructive feedback on what was otherwise a great play.

As a Duck fan, Mariota's TD dive against Wyoming was unnecessary, too, and he got a minus grade for that play from Scott Frost.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

smithmel60
New Recruit

Post by smithmel60 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:30 am

Common Cat wrote:
vike_king wrote:

The play of the year so far in my mind is DP hurdling the defender on his way to the end zone. Btw, I am really impressed by his moxy and leadership. He conducts himself differently it seems than DMac, and I loved Dmac- thought he was a great general, however, so far when I read Prukop's quotes, it seems like he has the "it" factor and a calming influence on this team.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the ghost of another great Bobcat in Dakota... Travis Lulay. DP is very impressive so far and if he's got the same kind of winning mentality of TL, we might consider changing his number to 14.

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:32 am

Chop blocks happen if the defender is already engaged with another blocker and the 2nd blocker comes in below the waist, also a chop block can happen when an offensive player comes from the outside edge of the field into the middle and blocks a defender below the waist. For example, if a WR were to come inside to block a LB or DL on a crack back block, the WR cannot take them out below the waist. The crack back block needs to be above the waist. This was outlawed about 15 years ago or so.

desperado91
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by desperado91 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 pm

http://www.footballfoundation.org/News/ ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;