WR SITUATION McQueary?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: WR SITUATION McQueary?

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm

91catAlum wrote:Colter just tweeted that McQueary will work heavily at WR for the rest of this season while remaining the #3 QB.

Also that Roderick will practice today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
That is good news to hear. I will add, I think that McQueary has the talent level to pick up the receiever position fast and he will do a fine job. Glad to hear Roderick back and practicing.

Punters are people too!!

catdaddy7
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catdaddy7 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Yes! I love getting all our great athletes on the field at once!! Having three guys out there that can all run and pass
the football will lead to more points on offense and will give opposing defensive coordinators a headache trying to
prepare! Way cool !!! =D^

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

KalCat76
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KalCat76 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:45 pm

I still think SJ needs to be playing all over the field but mostly as a slot receiver. If he gets a shot to play on Sunday's next year it will be like Harvin or Welker and not so much out of the backfield.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:04 pm

We must have more QB playing at other positions, than just about any team in the country. Roderick, Griebel, Barth, McQueery, DiGallinardo (sp)...or is he even still on the team? Now that I think about it, I haven't heard any mention of his name for quite awhile. I guess you could also add Bleskin to the list, since he's now officially a QB/punter.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:52 pm

John K wrote:We must have more QB playing at other positions, than just about any team in the country. Roderick, Griebel, Barth, McQueery, DiGallinardo (sp)...or is he even still on the team? Now that I think about it, I haven't heard any mention of his name for quite awhile. I guess you could also add Bleskin to the list, since he's now officially a QB/punter.
DiGillionardo plays for Carroll College.

Other former quarterbacks include Cole Moore, Deonte Flowers, Jacob Stanton and Wilson Brott.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:00 pm

John K wrote:We must have more QB playing at other positions, than just about any team in the country. Roderick, Griebel, Barth, McQueery, DiGallinardo (sp)...or is he even still on the team? Now that I think about it, I haven't heard any mention of his name for quite awhile. I guess you could also add Bleskin to the list, since he's now officially a QB/punter.
A lot of times (especially in Montana HS) the best athlete on the team plays QB, the better ones get recruited as QB's but their athletic ability and mental quickness lets them move to other positions fairly easily.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:46 pm

rippinandtearin wrote:I have some complete hearsay that McQueary possibly desires to move to WR. The story is that he and Prukop are too close in age and McQueary just wants to play and contribute to the team. Rumor is that he has requested to move to WR.
Somewhat confirmed by this story...

McQueary latest quarterback to move to receiver for Montana State
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:27 pm

Saw him play in the Shrine game 2 summers ago. I thought he was the best player on the field, and that includes Brekke. I think that they are missing the boat with him. I see him as a Safety in the Shann Shillinger mold.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:35 pm

grizatwork wrote:Saw him play in the Shrine game 2 summers ago. I thought he was the best player on the field, and that includes Brekke. I think that they are missing the boat with him. I see him as a Safety in the Shann Shillinger mold.
Brekke's dad is one of Quinn's biggest fans. He might even agree with your Shrine Game assessment.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber