SUNDAY NOTEBOOK: Offenses more productive with wind at their

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

SUNDAY NOTEBOOK: Offenses more productive with wind at their

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Bobcats scored 23 of 29 points in the second quarter with wind at their backs.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: SUNDAY NOTEBOOK: Offenses more productive with wind at t

Post by Common Cat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:47 pm

As I read your articles this year it seems to me that this team has embodied a different mantra of years past. They seem to be a little more relaxed, the tone from their quotes is more fun, and yet they seem more respectful to each other and their opponents, more tight-knit and perhaps more determined. Am I reading into this wrong? Fewer "stars" on our team seems like it has made a more enjoyable product to watch. Maybe the expectations are less, so there is not the roller coaster of emotions? Maybe it just feels different to me,... but I like it.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:18 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Bobcats scored 23 of 29 points in the second quarter with wind at their backs.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
The wind had a huge statistical effect, but the game was never in doubt. UND has a good D, but they caught a break with the wind and Knight, Flotkoetter and Roderick out. Not to mention their coach appeared to be playing to not get beat by a huge score and rather than to win. Normal conditions we get 450-500 yards on these guys and break 40. The grizz will plaster them indoors this week.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:39 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Bobcats scored 23 of 29 points in the second quarter with wind at their backs.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
The wind had a huge statistical effect, but the game was never in doubt. UND has a good D, but they caught a break with the wind and Knight, Flotkoetter and Roderick out. Not to mention their coach appeared to be playing to not get beat by a huge score and rather than to win. Normal conditions we get 450-500 yards on these guys and break 40. The grizz will plaster them indoors this week.

yeah, Griz are going to DESTROY them next wkd... The Griz Defense vs. the ND Offense, it could get ugly. Wouldn't be surprised if ND is held to less than 100 yards of offense.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am

mslacatfan wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:

yeah, Griz are going to DESTROY them next wkd... The Griz Defense vs. the ND Offense, it could get ugly. Wouldn't be surprised if ND is held to less than 100 yards of offense.
Hard to say how good the um defense is. Other than NDSU none of the teams they've played have good offense. All of them have been ball control offenses. I think you can pass on UND. The grizz will play action them to death.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:

Hard to say how good the um defense is. Other than NDSU none of the teams they've played have good offense. All of them have been ball control offenses. I think you can pass on UND. The grizz will play action them to death.
Well, ND might have the worst offense of any team the Griz have played yet... they were garbage. Cats score should have been closer to 40-0.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:33 am

I thought the UND defense was actually pretty stout. I will be interested to see if the Griz can score much on them.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:01 pm

catatac wrote:I thought the UND defense was actually pretty stout. I will be interested to see if the Griz can score much on them.
As did I. I don't think the griz will score as many as people think next week. If ND can keep up this stout D and turn around their offense, they will be a force in the years to come.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 pm

I think the Griz will score 30+ on UND. I think if our game against UND was played in perfect conditions, with Flot, Roderick and Knight all out there, this game wouldn't have been close. I'm not making excuses, I am saying the circumstances favored UND on Saturday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UM pitched a shutout, 34-0.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:35 pm

This will soon probably be moved to the CA page, but it's a great discussion to have. This is the first real benchmark we will have against our great friends to the west. I happen to think the UND defense is the real deal. The swarm as good as anybody I've seen in recent years, their LBs are fantastic, CB #20 is an exceptionally good player, and their pressure scheme is very good. I saw a very gap sound defense that played with fire and tenacity. I think they will confuse and confound the inexperienced grizz OL, and this could easily be another frustrating for JJ. On offense, their LB turned RB seems to be getting better every game, and after losing 4 receivers from last years team, the WR core seems to be greatly improving each game too. From what I understand with the grizz injury situation (particularly if Tonga is out again, but losing McKinley will definitely hurt), this game could be very close. That's my prediction.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:43 pm

CelticCat wrote:I think the Griz will score 30+ on UND. I think if our game against UND was played in perfect conditions, with Flot, Roderick and Knight all out there, this game wouldn't have been close. I'm not making excuses, I am saying the circumstances favored UND on Saturday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UM pitched a shutout, 34-0.
I agree, if not for injuries, weather, mistakes, etc... we really should have put up at least 40 on them. However, I honestly don't think the Griz offense is very good right now. Tons of skill players and potential to be very good, but that O Line is slowing them down IMO. I'm seeing like a 20 to 7 type of game that makes all the Griz fans ticked off.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:This will soon probably be moved to the CA page, but it's a great discussion to have. This is the first real benchmark we will have against our great friends to the west. I happen to think the UND defense is the real deal. The swarm as good as anybody I've seen in recent years, their LBs are fantastic, CB #20 is an exceptionally good player, and their pressure scheme is very good. I saw a very gap sound defense that played with fire and tenacity. I think they will confuse and confound the inexperienced grizz OL, and this could easily be another frustrating for JJ. On offense, their LB turned RB seems to be getting better every game, and after losing 4 receivers from last years team, the WR core seems to be greatly improving each game too. From what I understand with the grizz injury situation (particularly if Tonga is out again, but losing McKinley will definitely hurt), this game could be very close. That's my prediction.
I don't think it'll be a good comparison. Bad weather vs indoors skews things. Missing three key skill players is also a factor.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:00 pm

I thought UND D played fairly well also. This weekend will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk