2nd half no shows

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

2nd half no shows

Post by allcat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:04 am

I love going out at halftime, If you did not let people out you would need a lot more concessions. The second half returns are ridiculous in my opinion. I would like to see some carrot and stick approaches to getting people back in.
If you needed to rescan your ticket to return it would give them a record of who got back in on time and who did not, quit scanning after the 2nd half kickoff. several people that are back are randomly drawn to win passes to the bobcat club or sideline passes for the next game. If you are scanned in for all home games have a drawing where someone wins a new side by side utv. So much for the carrot.

Anyone that is late getting back for 2 or more games pays 10% more for their season tickets. That's the stick.

I know msusportsinfo could care less about BN now, but I would like to see PF do something about the 2nd half returns

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 2nd half no shows

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:30 am

I disagree. If someone doesn't want to come back, that is there own choice. I know the weather sucked yesterday and I am sure there were people that just didn't want to stand out in the cold wind anymore. Maybe there needs to be thought put into the halftime show. I understand that the band is a traditon for halftime shows, but is there anything that says we couldn't bring someone in for a halftime concert? I am not talking about big time bands, but there is plenty of talented local bands from around this state and surrounding states that would be awesome for a halftime show. Sing 3 songs, be done, change it up a little. Also, why don't we install some sort of horn or siren that alerts tailgaters there is 5 and then 2 minutes before kickoff. I was in the stands and didn't even realize they were doing the kickoff. Anyways, I don't think you should punish people if they choose to leave, come back in late, don't come back at all...........maybe when they miss something amazing, worth being in the stands for, then they will come back.
Last edited by GoCats18 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:55 am

GoCats18 wrote:I disagree. If someone doesn't want to come back, that is there own choice. I know the weather sucked yesterday and I am sure there were people that just didn't want to stand out in the cold wind anymore. Maybe there needs to be thought put into the halftime show. I understand that the band is a traditon for halftime shows, but is there anything that says we couldn't bring someone in for a halftime concert? I am not talking about big time bands, but there is plenty of small local bands from around this state and surrounding states that would be awesome for a halftime show. Sing 3 songs, be done, change it up a little. Also, why don't we install some sort of horn or siren that alerts tailgaters there is 5 and then 2 minutes before kickoff. I was in the stands and didn't even realize they were doing the kickoff. Anyways, I don't think you should punish people if they choose to leave, come back in late, don't come back at all...........maybe when they miss something amazing, worth being in the stands for, then they will come back.
Ok, it is there choice, that means you don't like the stick (obviously hate Adrian Peterson :-^ ) What about the carrot ideas?

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:40 am

I think we need to have someone else do the National Anthem too. Is that coaches daughter? I get the connection, but there are way better people out there.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:42 am

GoCats18 wrote:I think we need to have someone else do the National Anthem too. Is that coaches daughter? I get the connection, but there are way better people out there.
I guess I did not get back in time for the second half, I thought she sang it at the start of the game, and I always think she does a great job.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:06 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I think we need to have someone else do the National Anthem too. Is that coaches daughter? I get the connection, but there are way better people out there.
Accomplished jazz performers with an NYU degree in jazz composition don't just grow on trees. Perhaps you can give it a go and I'll have my tomatoes ready. I'd wager money you would give Rosanne Barr a run for her money.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Kelly Ash and Jeff Kitto are my two favorites for national anthem

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:14 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I disagree. If someone doesn't want to come back, that is there own choice. I know the weather sucked yesterday and I am sure there were people that just didn't want to stand out in the cold wind anymore. Maybe there needs to be thought put into the halftime show. I understand that the band is a traditon for halftime shows, but is there anything that says we couldn't bring someone in for a halftime concert? I am not talking about big time bands, but there is plenty of talented local bands from around this state and surrounding states that would be awesome for a halftime show. Sing 3 songs, be done, change it up a little. Also, why don't we install some sort of horn or siren that alerts tailgaters there is 5 and then 2 minutes before kickoff. I was in the stands and didn't even realize they were doing the kickoff. Anyways, I don't think you should punish people if they choose to leave, come back in late, don't come back at all...........maybe when they miss something amazing, worth being in the stands for, then they will come back.
1. People leave because they don't want to stand in the wind and cold, to go to the tailgate area and.....stand in the wind and cold. Their choice I guess.

2. There are already not enough bathroom facilities and concessions to accommodate the people who DO stay in the stadium for half time. I stay in; it takes nearly 10 minutes of the halftime period to get out of the east stands, just to get below. Then just enough time to stand in line at the head, concession stand for a drink and usually just in time for kickoff.

3. They're hitting the cannon at the second half kick off. If you can't manage to check a clock to see if 15 minutes has elapsed, you're not smart enough to listen for a horn either.

4. Truth is, there's a lot of people at games that don't really care about watching the game. They're there for the "event", to drink and to socialize. There is no way to get them back in the stadium after halftime. The only solution is to keep people inside - i.e. no readmission. Not saying I'm advocating it, but unless you keep people in, you're not getting them back.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Add a half hour to half time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:58 pm

2nd half attendance was pretty pathetic. Especially the student section, piss poor showing on their part......

FTG- GO CATS GO!

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:07 pm

mslacatfan wrote:2nd half attendance was pretty pathetic. Especially the student section, piss poor showing on their part......
What the hell, I might get hung for saying this, but maybe they are just practicing to become future tailgaters :)

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:13 pm

I am not saying that Ashs daughter is bad, but I know there are other people out there that can just as good if not better, but don't have the connection that she has. I think it helps to change it up and give others a chance. Rosanne Barr would do just fine, as long as you put all the speakers right behind the visiting team.

Punters are people too!!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:21 pm

mslacatfan wrote:2nd half attendance was pretty pathetic. Especially the student section, piss poor showing on their part......
Didn't they remove section 118 this year as part of the student section? If so, that looks to be a wise decision.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:49 pm

77matcat wrote:Add a half hour to half time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. That will only serve to make the problem worse.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:56 pm

KittieKop wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I disagree. If someone doesn't want to come back, that is there own choice. I know the weather sucked yesterday and I am sure there were people that just didn't want to stand out in the cold wind anymore. Maybe there needs to be thought put into the halftime show. I understand that the band is a traditon for halftime shows, but is there anything that says we couldn't bring someone in for a halftime concert? I am not talking about big time bands, but there is plenty of talented local bands from around this state and surrounding states that would be awesome for a halftime show. Sing 3 songs, be done, change it up a little. Also, why don't we install some sort of horn or siren that alerts tailgaters there is 5 and then 2 minutes before kickoff. I was in the stands and didn't even realize they were doing the kickoff. Anyways, I don't think you should punish people if they choose to leave, come back in late, don't come back at all...........maybe when they miss something amazing, worth being in the stands for, then they will come back.
1. People leave because they don't want to stand in the wind and cold, to go to the tailgate area and.....stand in the wind and cold. Their choice I guess.

2. There are already not enough bathroom facilities and concessions to accommodate the people who DO stay in the stadium for half time. I stay in; it takes nearly 10 minutes of the halftime period to get out of the east stands, just to get below. Then just enough time to stand in line at the head, concession stand for a drink and usually just in time for kickoff.

3. They're hitting the cannon at the second half kick off. If you can't manage to check a clock to see if 15 minutes has elapsed, you're not smart enough to listen for a horn either.

4. Truth is, there's a lot of people at games that don't really care about watching the game. They're there for the "event", to drink and to socialize. There is no way to get them back in the stadium after halftime. The only solution is to keep people inside - i.e. no readmission. Not saying I'm advocating it, but unless you keep people in, you're not getting them back.
Nailed it.

Until the rules are changed to no re-entry, there will always be an issue with second half attendance. If you feel it absolutely necessary to leave at halftime, set your watch if you can't see the scoreboard. It's a 20 minute half, so set it for 15 minutes.

Be back in your seats for the second half. It's not hard.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Most posts are just lecturing, I was hoping for ideas to get them back. Maybe just a lost cause.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:58 pm

allcat wrote:Most posts are just lecturing, I was hoping for ideas to get them back. Maybe just a lost cause.

How bout this-

The Stadium opens up Beer Sales. The 5 Minutes before the 3rd Quarter begins and the first 5 minutes into the 3rd Quarter, beer is sold at half price. Get people back into the stadium to get their half price beer and head up to their seats.....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:17 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
allcat wrote:Most posts are just lecturing, I was hoping for ideas to get them back. Maybe just a lost cause.

How bout this-

The Stadium opens up Beer Sales. The 5 Minutes before the 3rd Quarter begins and the first 5 minutes into the 3rd Quarter, beer is sold at half price. Get people back into the stadium to get their half price beer and head up to their seats.....
But the beer is still cheaper in the tailgate. Short of no re-entry, coupled with beer sales it might never work.

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:20 pm

Perhaps, perhaps not. No matter the case, preaching to those on BN is akin to the choir, I suppose.

bobcatskier
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatskier » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:01 pm

How about the Athletic Department or Sponsor creating a video for the big screen score board that reminds fans of how important they are to the team.....and how the "12th Man" is critical and directly translates to team performance. Have the video message feature the coaches and the players.....with a specific message to tailgaters and students that says something like - "Yeah, we know that tailgating is cool.....but watching us play is even better!....

Just a thought....