roderick/Flotkoetter?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

roderick/Flotkoetter?

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:45 am

what is the injury/status?

The Chronicle said both are out indefinitely?........... crap. I think I read Flot hurt his shoulder, correct? I don't remember even reading about an injury to Roderick, anyone have any info?

The freshman recieivers played great, but jeez, this would be 2 HUGE losses if it is for an extended period of time.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: roderick/Flotkoetter?

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:48 am

mslacatfan wrote:what is the injury/status?

The Chronicle said both are out indefinitely?........... crap. I think I read Flot hurt his shoulder, correct? I don't remember even reading about an injury to Roderick, anyone have any info?

The freshman recieivers played great, but jeez, this would be 2 HUGE losses if it is for an extended period of time.
After the game Ash said Flotkoetter is up in the air. Roderick sounds to be on track to play this week.

I thought the guy MSU missed the most yesterday was Knight.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 am

TomCat88 wrote:

After the game Ash said Flotkoetter is up in the air. Roderick sounds to be on track to play this week.

agreed- What is knight's injury? will he be back next week? We definitley missed him on the short yardage plays.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:51 am

Flot separated shoulder. Rod burst a bursa sack in his knee. On Twitter, knight claimed not to have been injured and seemed pissed about not playing.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:55 am

mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

agreed- What is knight's injury? will he be back next week? We definitley missed him on the short yardage plays.
He has a foot injury and was in a boot, according to Colter, but said he isn't hurt as wbtfg is saying per twitter.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:16 pm

WIth the depth we have at running back, we don't have to beat them into the ground like we did to Cody Kirk. We can afford to rest somebody who needs it even though they themselves don't feel they do.

2024 Resume dominance

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Helcat72 wrote:WIth the depth we have at running back, we don't have to beat them into the ground like we did to Cody Kirk. We can afford to rest somebody who needs it even though they themselves don't feel they do.
But there are times we need to beat them into the ground - ie all the missed 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s we've failed to convert the past two weeks. I believe Knight is the only guy capable of just blasting into the line and getting that 1 yard.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:33 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:WIth the depth we have at running back, we don't have to beat them into the ground like we did to Cody Kirk. We can afford to rest somebody who needs it even though they themselves don't feel they do.
But there are times we need to beat them into the ground - ie all the missed 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s we've failed to convert the past two weeks. I believe Knight is the only guy capable of just blasting into the line and getting that 1 yard.
Agreed, though the Cats still managed a win without him which is a great testament to the talent of the team.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Colter just tweeted Flot is out for the season.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:25 pm

MSU01 wrote:Colter just tweeted Flot is out for the season.
Right as he was starting to become a force. Hopefully he can snag a medical RS.

Sent from my TI-99/4A using Tapatalk.

MeerKat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MeerKat » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:48 pm

This is terrible news about Flotkoetter. A senior who was poised to have a big year. I feel terrible for him and hope the NCAA grants him another year. If not thank you flotkoetter for the contributions you have made to the program and best wishes as you go forward in life.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:59 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
MSU01 wrote:Colter just tweeted Flot is out for the season.
Right as he was starting to become a force. Hopefully he can snag a medical RS.

Did he redshirt as a freshman? If so, then he is done and will not qualify. If he has not redshirted, he is still likely not eligible in that he has played in too many games this year. A 6th year of eligibility is rare and usually only happens if the player has missed the majority of 2 seasons with injury. I think that is why Colter referred to it as a season and career ending injury.

GavinDonos

roderick/Flotkoetter?

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Actually the 6th year has been granted in the past to 5th year players who receive devastating and would-be career ending injuries early in their 5th seasons. There is no requirement that the player miss portions of 2 or more seasons. Like you said, though, any case of a 6th year is a rarity, which is why I put the "hopefully" in there.

No confusion on my end. Brian can and should apply for it. Can't hurt.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:35 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Or they could, you know, pass the ball...

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:26 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
worst memories for me with bobcat football in the 90s.... down the middle, down the middle, down the middle..... ugh...

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
We have 234 rush attempts and just 130 pass attempts. Just begging teams to load the box. I don't recall if we've thrown on 3rd or 4th and 1.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:50 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Exactly. The way it has been going on short yardage I would rather spread the D out and let the OL open holes for power RB, quick pass, or let Prukop get the first down with his legs. There are so many more things you can do when you have the D spread out. Pretty much every time we are spread wide and Prukop goes to run he sucks half the LB core in (WR fill under and it is an easy pitch and catch pass). If it is not open, then I will put my money on Prukop that he can pick up a yard to the inside/outside (with 3-4 WR spread and taking good portion of D with them downfield). We are just not moving the pile when we go power formation at all.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:40 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Exactly. The way it has been going on short yardage I would rather spread the D out and let the OL open holes for power RB, quick pass, or let Prukop get the first down with his legs. There are so many more things you can do when you have the D spread out. Pretty much every time we are spread wide and Prukop goes to run he sucks half the LB core in (WR fill under and it is an easy pitch and catch pass). If it is not open, then I will put my money on Prukop that he can pick up a yard to the inside/outside (with 3-4 WR spread and taking good portion of D with them downfield). We are just not moving the pile when we go power formation at all.
Agree with you guys - have been wondering how long it would take Cramsey to use a similar mix of plays on 4th down that usually moves us down the field instead of trying to pound it every time.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!