Fooled again.....shame on me

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Fooled again.....shame on me

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:51 am

cat_stache_fever wrote:Players were completely unprepared for this game. UND is the equivalent of a division 2 team; shoulda won by 40. Never gonna have complete confidence in this coaching staff until we beat a GREAT team at home.

Say what you want. That was a REALLY BAD team that hung around with a supposed powerhouse. Coaches should be ashamed.
UND had the 2nd ranked defense in the Big Sky going into that game.

Your statements above are foolish

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:56 am

TIrwin24 wrote:
cat_stache_fever wrote:Players were completely unprepared for this game. UND is the equivalent of a division 2 team; shoulda won by 40. Never gonna have complete confidence in this coaching staff until we beat a GREAT team at home.

Say what you want. That was a REALLY BAD team that hung around with a supposed powerhouse. Coaches should be ashamed.

Very foolish. In what way did they hang around? The game was over in the second quarter. Cutting it to 11 with five to play isn't hanging around, it's making it appear closer than it actually is. The only thing keeping it from being a complete rout was the wind.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
TIrwin24 wrote:

Very foolish. In what way did they hang around? The game was over in the second quarter. Cutting it to 11 with five to play isn't hanging around, it's making it appear closer than it actually is. The only thing keeping it from being a complete rout was the wind.
The only thing that I would disagree with was when we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties. The second chop block might have been by a ghost but offensive unsportsmanlike penalties are also killers. I don't think we were unprepared, but I do think a little sloppy.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Here's some interesting stuff I found. Since Coach Ash arrived in 2007 he is 36-12 at home. If we look at the 12 losses one was to a mediocre team, 4 to decent teams, 5 to very good teams, 1 to an exceptional team....according to me. The great team they played was in 2010 and probably the greatest to play in Bozeman since Coach Ash arrived. North Dakota State came in on 12-04-10 for the second round play-off game and crushed the CATS 42-17. The following week NDSU lost to Eastern Washington in Cheney 38-31. Eastern then went on to win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Here's the best part. NDSU was the "exceptional" team, going 9-5. The GREAT team was NC, 13-2 Eastern Washington Eagles who came to Bozeman on September 25, 2010 and were not beaten....but destroyed by the BOBCATS 30-7. We can rest easy now. No need to wait for Coach Ash to win a big one at home. That ship has sailed!

cat_stache_fever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by cat_stache_fever » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:45 pm

The original post contains the musings of a DRUNK a$$hole. My apologies. The sky is not falling...
I don't even remember posting this....ugh...
Last edited by cat_stache_fever on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

well.......we gonna pitch it!
"we gonna put something/somebody(?) on they ass...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXf-VrzznY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:48 pm

That's why I've learned long ago, whether drunk or not, to wait until Sunday to post. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:06 pm

cat_stache_fever wrote:The original post contains the musings of a DRUNK a$$hole. My apologies. The sky is not falling...
:lol: =D^

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:09 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
cat_stache_fever wrote:The original post contains the musings of a DRUNK a$$hole. My apologies. The sky is not falling...
A lot of us have been there ... the embarrassment fades in a few days, all is well. :wink:

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:06 pm

One of the best responses ever! :bow:

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:47 pm

I did think it was a rather uncharacteristic post for you, and its nice to see you come clean, but goes to show just how deep some of anti-Ash sentiment runs after the Cramer debacle. I don't know your heart, but perhaps your apology would be better directed at the coaching staff.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:33 pm

codecat wrote:
I did think it was a rather uncharacteristic post for you, and its nice to see you come clean, but goes to show just how deep some of anti-Ash sentiment runs after the Cramer debacle. I don't know your heart, but perhaps your apology would be better directed at the coaching staff.
Speaking of Kramer, nice to see he finally got a win over maybe a legit BSC team. Now 2-2, this time he beat Chadron. Looking at the ISU schedule he will likely win at least one more and possibly three, if things bounce right. Not this week, ISU is in Cheney. It's likely the Bengals will finish near the bottom againl

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:50 pm

:bow:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
A lot of us have been there ... the embarrassment fades in a few days, all is well. :wink:
Yeah, but the cool thing is the internet lives forever. So while the embarrassment may fade, the post will shine bright for a long time. :mrgreen:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Born2BaGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Born2BaGriz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:15 pm

onceacat wrote:Bear hit the sauce a little early today. UND probably has the best defense the cats will see in conference this season. Maybe griz have a better D, maybe not. MSU was down our top 2 WRs and it DP still pu up better passing #s than he did last week against E-woo. (17-24-269 1 TD 0 int). UND holds it's opponents to a 3.4 yd rushing average, which is about where the cats ended up not counting DPs 25 yd loss on the fumble.

CO cat-stache. You're just giving bear a chance to troll. Cats have some stuff to fix (couple more bonehead penalties, horrible short yard conversions, not dropping pick 6s...), but ultimately, this game wasn't even close. UND had less than 100 yes at half, and 54 of those came on the reception that was fumbled.

Lots of woulda coulda shoulda here. If the big sky has replay, goes into half with 0. The phantom chop block took 4 points off the board. Cats can't control those. I already mentioned the 3 pick 6s the cats dropped.

Bear is just butt-hurt because he remembers how uninspiring the griz home performance was against USD.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

The situation to me is simple, Cat fans think they know the Griz team well enough to impart non biased judgement and Griz fans feel the same way. But, the Griz D is number 1 in scoring D and in overall D as well as sacks. Our Freshman Oline has given up fewer sacks than the Cats. Now if you want to kid yourself that UND defense is better than the Griz, you can't be helped. The Griz have better stats and have played a more demanding schedule. Yet, the season is young and only time will tell. But than for me to expect that I can come over here and change your minds is equal to any of you posting on egriz and getting a fair shake and fits the definition of insanity by Mr. Einstein.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:19 am

The griz haven't played a dynamic offense yet. Yes the defense looks good but that's against Wyoming and UNC. Ndsu is the best offense they've played so far and gave up a lot of yards but just 22 points. So that was a good showing, but let's see how they do against a fast, high powered offense like EWU before we crown them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:32 am

91catAlum wrote:The griz haven't played a dynamic offense yet. Yes the defense looks good but that's against Wyoming and UNC. Ndsu is the best offense they've played so far and gave up a lot of yards but just 22 points. So that was a good showing, but let's see how they do against a fast, high powered offense like EWU before we crown them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I thought the Griz defense did pretty well to hold NDSU to 447 yards and 5.7 per play. That's below their average (458; 6.5) and it was in Fargo. Other than UNC, I think UM has held opponents to below their average. That, moreso than the No. 1 rating on defense, is a better measure of how they're doing on that side of the ball.

Likewise for MSU on offense. MSU has played good defenses. Against Arkansas State, they didn't perform well at all. Against UCA, MSU did well. Against UND, not so much, but there were other factors at work.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cat_stache_fever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by cat_stache_fever » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:23 am

WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE?!

well.......we gonna pitch it!
"we gonna put something/somebody(?) on they ass...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cXf-VrzznY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 am

cat_stache_fever wrote:WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE?!
Maybe someone should edit the first post.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:40 am

I didn't get a chance to see this game but if they were completely unprepared and still beat ND pretty handily I will consider it a good thing.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:56 am

Weltercat wrote:I didn't get a chance to see this game but if they were completely unprepared and still beat ND pretty handily I will consider it a good thing.
Lou Holtz says that if you're gonna have a bad game you want it to be against a team you can beat when not on top of you're game. A lot of people have said the same. They're right. We had four costly penalties and a bogus fumble ret TD, but still won handily. We look good.