The Silver Lining

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

The Silver Lining

Post by Doc3kgt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Man what a game! This one will be remembered for a while. A Bobcat loss, yes. But take a step back from the ledge and see this one from a wider perspective. We damn near knocked off the number 2 team in the nation, with a brand new QB and with lots of offensive players with relatively little collegiate experience. EWU is touted for there prolific offense....an offense that MSU just went blow for blow with. It sucks to lose, but you HAVE to walk away from this game with an optimistic smile on your face. MSU is the real deal. Hats off to the coaching staff, the aggression is refreshing. Prukop. Are you kidding me? This kid is amazing. MSU is fortunate to have a sophomore QB that has come out with the kind of poise and skill this kid has shown. Great job to the OL, SJ, Knight, RODERICK!!, et al. Defense got exposed a bit, but seriously, they did a damn good job over all. Proud to be a Bobcat.

GoEagles
New Recruit

Re: The Silver Lining

Post by GoEagles » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:33 pm

As an EWU fan, I absolutely agree. MSU is the real deal. We were lucky to get this win. Well done, and good luck for the rest of the season!

nutman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by nutman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I watched the EWU coaches and players come off the field today and it was different. Not like they deserved the win and therefore earned it, but that they had run into a juggernaut today and were lucky to have found a way to win. Kudos to them in the win and a hard fought game. And mostly....their players were extremely realistic about what had just happened.

This is a building block game for both coaches and players. It was a half an inch away from being a statement game for both. Great college football game to watch.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by TIrwin24 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Forte was a beast.

Tough to know that we were winning for a majority of that game to lose by a single point. That one stings

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Great game that could have gone either way on so many plays today. Just think, 8 days ago before the Central Arkansas game we Bobcats still didn't know how we would measure up with the rest of the FCS - although bummed over today's loss, we now know and its very good!

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:51 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:Forte was a beast.

Tough to know that we were winning for a majority of that game to lose by a single point. That one stings
He got knocked out