Game thoughts

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

utucats
Member # Retired

Game thoughts

Post by utucats » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Great game!! End sucked. Ewu is ranked #2 presumably because of how dynamic their offense is and after today I say either we are also top 10 or they are overrated.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Game thoughts

Post by MSU01 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:20 pm

They aren't overrated, just ask the Huskies about that. MSU should win a lot of conference games as long as the injury bug doesn't hit too hard. I'm more confident now than I was 4 hours ago that MSU is a playoff caliber team this year.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Idk, I honestly think this is the best Montana State football team I've seen. I'm not as old as most of you guys, so what would I know. Disappointed by the loss, it goes on no one. Most these players played the best game of their careers. Come out with the same fire next Saturday. Both the fans and players need to come out with fire. I think we won't lose again fkr a Loooong time. Good game EWU, looking forward to playing them again.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:25 pm

We're definitely a top ten team. It's hard to see us losing again until the playoffs.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Mechanical Cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mechanical Cat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 pm

I feel great about this team. It's looking up.

2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 083190 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Gotta find a pass rush! Inconsistent at best with pressure.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Offense was impressive. The D gave up 647 yards and VA had a bad game. He missed a lot of open receivers today. Now it's possible that they will put up that many yards on everyone in our conference so maybe that isn't so bad but it is a lot of yards. I still worry about the 3 games in CA. For some reason we almost always struggle at Sac, Cal Poly and UC Davis.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Heart breaking loss but that may have been the best game I have ever seen in person including Lulay beating the Griz. No question best game I've ever seen where we lost

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:20 pm

We are a great football team and this will be a fun year. I never dreamed I would feel like this immediately after a devistating loss.

MT2AK_CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MT2AK_CAT » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Was that 4th and 1 play in fourth quarter a good call? Seems to me we should have punted in that situation!

GoEagles
New Recruit

Post by GoEagles » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:27 pm

You guys looked great. We escaped with this game, and I'm not sure we deserved to. Your new quarterback is a beast, and is set up to create havoc in the Big Sky for the next few years. Great game, and good luck the rest of the season. I've always respected MSU's team and fanbase, and always root for you (when you aren't playing EWU, of course).

BozCatsFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BozCatsFan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:28 pm

MT2AK_CAT wrote:Was that 4th and 1 play in fourth quarter a good call? Seems to me we should have punted in that situation!
In my opinion i LOVED the call. The way I look at it, EWU is going to score regardless (Most likely), so doesn't matter if its an 80 yard drive or a 50 yard drive. FWIO

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm

BozCatsFan wrote:
MT2AK_CAT wrote:Was that 4th and 1 play in fourth quarter a good call? Seems to me we should have punted in that situation!
In my opinion i LOVED the call. The way I look at it, EWU is going to score regardless (Most likely), so doesn't matter if its an 80 yard drive or a 50 yard drive. FWIO
I thought it was the right call. We missed by about a half of chain link if that. If we made it we would probably have won. I like it. It was an agressive call. We need more of that. I agree, if we had punted they would probably have scored again anyway.

formerEag
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by formerEag » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Yeah, your qb is a stud and the running back is a beast, I thought we might get a break with McGhee gone- nope. I think you guys should have a great season. Good luck the rest of the way.

DriftCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriftCat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:55 pm

It was a great game....wish we would have tried the 60 yard FG at the end. Probability was most likely similar if not a little better than a 50 yard Hail Mary. It was damn loud in the stadium especially on that last drive by EWU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

ewueagle2010
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ewueagle2010 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Cat Fans:

You have a hell of a team! As an EWU fan, I'm calling this the great escape! MSU is for real, and I hope we meet again in the playoffs. What an ugly, but great game! Good luck in Big Sky play!

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Didn't see the game but it looks like it was a great effort on MSU's part.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:48 pm

First game that I have been to since we lost to Sam Houston in the playoffs. What a game and it had all of the drama, fumbles, interceptions, going for it on 4th down, 2 point conversion plays. I am little disappointed that we lost but this team is way different than the last few years. Prukop is the real deal, he is smart and made good decisions. I hate to say it but I think he is a better QB than DM. Can't say enough about him. The future looks bright. And one more thing the crowd was awesome and loud until the end

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

ElbowCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ElbowCat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:04 pm

Today was as loud as I've ever heard Bobcat Stadium. Kudos to all the fans there today, we were loud on first downs, second downs, third downs, and deafening on the fourth and 10. Incredible game as everybody involved really brought it today, fans, coaches, and especially the players. The team had an edge and intensity and fire to it today that a lot of people on here have commented has been missing in some big games in the past, I hope we can replicate that in future big games. Tough loss but it's pretty clear this year is a reload and not a rebuild.

Go Cats!

marceag
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by marceag » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:02 pm

First of all, the cats have a GREAT team, wow!!! I will be shocked if you lose another regular season game this year.

MSU probably should have won this but eastern pulled some magic there at the end, incredible game for both teams. Not happy your QB is only a soph but will be happy to see S. Johnson graduate, talk about complete studs.

Good luck from here on out, you guys are a top 10 team, easy, and have some of the best and classiest fans out there. See ya in the playoffs....