Marino suspended

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Marino suspended

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Counter Assault wrote:
WeedKillinCat wrote:I wonder hoe much of a difference he would have made if he was not suspended. I was wondering where he was
-ZERO-
I doubt that very much.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 pm

bozcat wrote:Hmm looks like someone was spot on with their info. Perhaps people should listen instead of the mods deleting the posts.

No it looks like you are too arrogant to do any critical analysis of what you did wrong. It is so obvious to every other poster. It would appear that you have let your ego get so big that it has pushed your brain to a lower part of your body. I say this because your thought process stinks and all of your ideas have been crap.

I apologize to the mods and will take a self-imposed time out now.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 pm

Garrett was a starter. Coach Beck would not have him starting if he wasn't good. This kid is a real talent. We missed him today.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:24 pm

bobcatbob wrote:Garrett was a starter. Coach Beck would not have him starting if he wasn't good. This kid is a real talent. We missed him today.

Definitely missed him today, he would have had a big impact

FTG- GO CATS GO!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:33 pm

If nothing else we needed the depth. Our dline was gassed by the end of the game and was giving Adams all kinds of time.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:10 am

Pass rush was lacking more yesterday than I ever remember in the last 7 years. Only time we got to VA was blitzing. Marino surely would've helped in that area.

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 am

I have this sneaky suspicion we aren't going to see more than a year of Marino wearing Blue and Gold. I hope I'm wrong, but there must be a serious problem if the guy sits out the biggest home game of the season.

TIrwin24

Post by TIrwin24 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:41 am

RobertCats wrote:Pass rush was lacking more yesterday than I ever remember in the last 7 years. Only time we got to VA was blitzing. Marino surely would've helped in that area.
I disagree. The pass rush has VA flustered all first half. Couple that with outstanding coverage by the secondary, and all they had to do was give the ball to Forte.

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 am

We did get to VA and had him flustered but we had to bring extra people. Never got a pass rush when we relied on a four-man rush.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am

Counter Assault wrote:I have this sneaky suspicion we aren't going to see more than a year of Marino wearing Blue and Gold. I hope I'm wrong, but there must be a serious problem if the guy sits out the biggest home game of the season.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Whether its grades or behavior I doubt he is a Bobcat for more than this year. I hope (for his sake) he gets his head on straight. It would be great to see what he could do with a year of conditioning especially with our strength staff.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:42 am

Counter Assault wrote:I have this sneaky suspicion we aren't going to see more than a year of Marino wearing Blue and Gold. I hope I'm wrong, but there must be a serious problem if the guy sits out the biggest home game of the season.
Hopefully, the fact that the coaches sat him for such a big game will make him take notice. Maybe they needed to do that to convince him that there's no special treatment for someone that thinks they're a stud player. And maybe there will be added pressure from his peers.

I hope he gets things squared away.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:50 am

I'm thinking he's working out the kinks. He's a freshman, which means he is all "learning"... and based on his play I think I see him playing within the system. So, if this shock collar worked, I think we might very well have a highbred on our hands... and that ain't bad! :D

cadicat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cadicat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:05 am

Let's not forget that EVERYONE makes mistakes especially in our youth. Also, let's continue to appreciate the fact that this coaching staff puts a very high priority on turning these boys that choose to come here and play, into responsible, contributing, moral citizens for the rest of their lives beyond football. Give the kid and our coaching staff a chance to once again do what they do best. [-X

Platinumcat

Post by Platinumcat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 am

Marino was at the Hawks football game on Friday night. I ran into a guy I know who visited with him. He said he learned his lesson. I really hope so!
I love the fact that coaches were willing to suspend him for the big game. Consequences are applied regardless of the situation.
As a fan, I appreciate that.

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:43 am

I am glad that if Marino had an issue Ash and Co sat him to prove a point. I also like how Ash has not said why he was sitting as if he does not think its worth explaining to accept his judgment. Its actually too bad some people are making allegations as to why he sat. Hopefully he will come back and contribute soon. As one other poster said he is the starter for a reason. Yes the backups did a good job but being a guy down still hurt.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:59 pm

cadicat wrote:Let's not forget that EVERYONE makes mistakes especially in our youth. Also, let's continue to appreciate the fact that this coaching staff puts a very high priority on turning these boys that choose to come here and play, into responsible, contributing, moral citizens for the rest of their lives beyond football. Give the kid and our coaching staff a chance to once again do what they do best. [-X
This coaching staff must see something in him, more than just being a freak of an athlete, I don't believe MSU would have gone to all the trouble of getting him here and all the time spent making sure everything was in order, if he was just another player. He will get past all this crap and grow into a man. I want to see him make until graduation, be an all-American, and best of all beat the SH1t out of the Griz the next 4 years.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:34 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
cadicat wrote:Let's not forget that EVERYONE makes mistakes especially in our youth. Also, let's continue to appreciate the fact that this coaching staff puts a very high priority on turning these boys that choose to come here and play, into responsible, contributing, moral citizens for the rest of their lives beyond football. Give the kid and our coaching staff a chance to once again do what they do best. [-X
This coaching staff must see something in him, more than just being a freak of an athlete, I don't believe MSU would have gone to all the trouble of getting him here and all the time spent making sure everything was in order, if he was just another player. He will get past all this crap and grow into a man. I want to see him make until graduation, be an all-American, and best of all beat the SH1t out of the Griz the next 4 years.
Good, or potentially good players typically get more wiggle room from coaches when it comes to getting in trouble.

If he's a walk-on then he's gone. I'm not mad about it, it just is what it is.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 am

I seem to remember he caused us a non stop on a drive because of 15 yard penalty away from the play a couple of weeks ago that resulted in a score. Temper temper.. Wont be good in a clutch.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Montanabob wrote:I seem to remember he caused us a non stop on a drive because of 15 yard penalty away from the play a couple of weeks ago that resulted in a score. Temper temper.. Wont be good in a clutch.
As opposed to the rest of the team that did that against EWU?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:10 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:I seem to remember he caused us a non stop on a drive because of 15 yard penalty away from the play a couple of weeks ago that resulted in a score. Temper temper.. Wont be good in a clutch.
As opposed to the rest of the team that did that against EWU?
Doesn't Coe have 2 unsportsmanlike/late hits already? If I'm not mistaken, they both led to TD's.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.