NCAA Tailgating Rules Discussion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Player Families

Post by Cats15 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 am

bobcatmaniac wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:
PapaG wrote:Some idiot on egriz is trying to say this is an NCAA violation. You'd think those clowns would know that a family BBQ between parents isn't a violation, but I guess not. :lol:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... ow#p982535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A player parent also later classified as a booster by the NCAA helped a player out who was not their son and that was one major point in the UM's violation.

Just sayin.
I believe the "help" you are referring to was bail money. This, my friend, is different #-o #-o #-o

AND they are not inviting the players! this is for the parents. Big difference in my book

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Player Families

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:48 am

Sounds like the families have researched the rules and have cleared with MSU compliance.

/thread

KaliCatFan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: NCAA Tailgating Rules Discussion

Post by KaliCatFan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Maybe the families need a permission slip from the egriz boys too....

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:07 am

KaliCatFan wrote:Maybe the families need a permission slip from the egriz boys too....
Do I detect a sarcastic tone here...and rtb cleaned up your thread for you... :lol:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:07 am

Last wedek Cramseys wife stopped by my tailgate while looking for the family tailgate. She and his mother were going to attend. Peter Fields has walked through the tailgate area the last 2 weeks and he was headed that way. I also saw Cruzado headed that way. I'm pretty sure all of these people actually know the rules on this. This is one of those things that you hope are true if it weakens your enemy, but it turns out to be an urban legend.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:56 am

allcat wrote:Last wedek Cramseys wife stopped by my tailgate while looking for the family tailgate. She and his mother were going to attend. Peter Fields has walked through the tailgate area the last 2 weeks and he was headed that way. I also saw Cruzado headed that way. I'm pretty sure all of these people actually know the rules on this. This is one of those things that you hope are true if it weakens your enemy, but it turns out to be an urban legend.
I believe a few of the people from the area where Interstate 90 comes out of Hellsgate Canyon were messing with us and several of the posters bit. Our tailgating and game day experience has grown so much in just a decade it's hard for me to put into words. Beginning with the tradition of the Prowl begun by our former and great Coach Kramer, it's grown to be a wonderful event small kids look forward to and appreciate. The tailgate in and of itself is also really special now and I wish the school would continue to encourage the growth of this activity. I know I'd like to get to campus a little earlier in the week as so many of the schools in the South do so I could do some fishing while others in my group go shopping, etc.

All in all, it's unbelievable we've grown from 2002 when there was only one other RV in the mud and no, there really wasn't any kind of tailgating so to speak. Don't let the jokers from the cesspool at the confluence of the Clark's Fork and Bitterroot bug you.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm pretty sure Ash started the Bobcat Prowl before the games when he came here. Kramer did a lot of good for our program, but I don't think that was one of his ideas.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:49 am

catbooster wrote:I'm pretty sure Ash started the Bobcat Prowl before the games when he came here. Kramer did a lot of good for our program, but I don't think that was one of his ideas.
I'm pretty sure you're right

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2