BIG PLAY VA: 'He's as good as any QB we've ever faced'

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

clawman
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: BIG PLAY VA: 'He's as good as any QB we've ever faced'

Post by clawman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Anacomando wrote:He was passed over by the PAC 12. It is very fair to say that he is the best "in-game" QB in the nation. May not have Winston or Mariota's pure athletic ability, but he comes to play. The best player in the nation. Period.
He does have the athletic ability, just not the stature of those players. @ 6' 200 lbs he is the same size as Russell Wilson and Drew Brees.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

ewuranger29
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ewuranger29 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:34 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:So who's gonna knock his a$$ out this year? Ha ha just kidding. I'd forgotten he got knocked out of our last 2 games with them.

He's a great player and I hope we can keep his damage limited without knocking him out this year, but we still have to hit him. That's when he crumbles.
Hmmm, I must have missed this. In 2012 he played the entire game, he just didn't play thay well. It was his first game as a starter.

In 2013 he came out of the game in the 4th because we were up by so much.

He didn't get knocked out of either game that I am aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

BIG PLAY VA: 'He's as good as any QB we've ever faced'

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:02 am

ewuranger29 wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:So who's gonna knock his a$$ out this year? Ha ha just kidding. I'd forgotten he got knocked out of our last 2 games with them.

He's a great player and I hope we can keep his damage limited without knocking him out this year, but we still have to hit him. That's when he crumbles.
Hmmm, I must have missed this. In 2012 he played the entire game, he just didn't play thay well. It was his first game as a starter.

Read the article

Last year, Daly knocked him out as he was heaving that long pass to Shaq Hill. The year before, I think he was knocked out in the third. I'd confirm it, but I'm having trouble accessing the article. I log in, but I can't load that one for whatever reason.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:24 am

ewuranger29 wrote:

He left the game last year at 11:57 up 47-29. EWU got ball back at 9:10 up by the same score and he didn't return. Up 18 with 9:10 left is too soon to sit your starter.

In 2012 he was hit hard by Minter, but the play-by-play doesn't indicate he was knocked out of the game for any plays.

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Colter states that VA is the best QB we have ever faced? I would like to add a player that actually may deserve some consideration. In 1984 a young man playing for Washington State U. And later played in the NFL for about 16 years though some of that time was as a back up. He garnered a Super Bowl trophy and was MVP of the game. He was also a two time Offensive MVP in the NFL. Mark Rypien is the best quarterback the Cats have ever faced. For that matter I would add a young man that spent a few years in Tampa Bay by the name of Freeman. As big a stage as VA has played on and as dynamic as he is, he has a few rungs to climb on the ladder to be the best, in my humble opinion.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:18 pm

Likely Dave Dickenson would also top VA!

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:20 am

LIBBYCAT wrote:Colter states that VA is the best QB we have ever faced? I would like to add a player that actually may deserve some consideration. In 1984 a young man playing for Washington State U. And later played in the NFL for about 16 years though some of that time was as a back up. He garnered a Super Bowl trophy and was MVP of the game. He was also a two time Offensive MVP in the NFL. Mark Rypien is the best quarterback the Cats have ever faced. For that matter I would add a young man that spent a few years in Tampa Bay by the name of Freeman. As big a stage as VA has played on and as dynamic as he is, he has a few rungs to climb on the ladder to be the best, in my humble opinion.
I think he means in the ash era

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:56 am

LIBBYCAT wrote:Colter states that VA is the best QB we have ever faced? I would like to add a player that actually may deserve some consideration. In 1984 a young man playing for Washington State U. And later played in the NFL for about 16 years though some of that time was as a back up. He garnered a Super Bowl trophy and was MVP of the game. He was also a two time Offensive MVP in the NFL. Mark Rypien is the best quarterback the Cats have ever faced. For that matter I would add a young man that spent a few years in Tampa Bay by the name of Freeman. As big a stage as VA has played on and as dynamic as he is, he has a few rungs to climb on the ladder to be the best, in my humble opinion.
I'm not going to re read the article but I'm certain Colter didn't say that. It was a quote.