BIG PLAY VA: 'He's as good as any QB we've ever faced'

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

BIG PLAY VA: 'He's as good as any QB we've ever faced'

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:53 pm

EWU junior has carved out spot as top gunslinger in the FCS.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: BIG PLAY VA: 'He's as good as any QB we've ever face'

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Would you stop posting great and informative articles, please!!!! I'm trying to get some work done.

:wink: :D

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 pm

“You can’t look at the scoreboard from last year,” Adams said. “They have a completely new team, we have a completely new team. They are at home. They don’t want to lose at home, so we know they’ll be coming with it all and their fans will be all into it. I played my worst game in my college career so I hope I’m good, I don’t got no jitters and I’m ready to go.”

Now I'm starting to see how he ended up at Eastern. If it wasn't completely obvious earlier.

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:51 pm

GRZSLAYER wrote:“You can’t look at the scoreboard from last year,” Adams said. “They have a completely new team, we have a completely new team. They are at home. They don’t want to lose at home, so we know they’ll be coming with it all and their fans will be all into it. I played my worst game in my college career so I hope I’m good, I don’t got no jitters and I’m ready to go.”

Now I'm starting to see how he ended up at Eastern. If it wasn't completely obvious earlier.
I'm sure he meant to say it that way.

The guy is a stud and he deserves respect. A lot. I don't got no problem wit him. :)

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:52 pm

At least he cut off the blond mohawk...

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:54 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
GRZSLAYER wrote:“You can’t look at the scoreboard from last year,” Adams said. “They have a completely new team, we have a completely new team. They are at home. They don’t want to lose at home, so we know they’ll be coming with it all and their fans will be all into it. I played my worst game in my college career so I hope I’m good, I don’t got no jitters and I’m ready to go.”

The guy is a stud and he deserves respect. A lot. I don't got no problem wit him. :)
Be careful with that, I've heard DMac say a few things like that and he is a very bright guy

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:00 pm

allcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:

Be careful with that, I've heard DMac say a few things like that and he is a very bright guy
It's much more of a colloquial or cultural way of speaking than a sign of intelligence. When you write it, you can proof read it. When you are talking, you are going to say things conversationally, colloquially or with filler words. We all do it.

I hung out with Vernon at the Big Sky kickoff. The golf tournament was actually about 45 minutes outside of Park City, so Na'a Moakiola rode with me out there and Na'a, Vernon and Charles Boyett from UC Davis rode with me back. They were all very friendly, cool guys. I promise, Vernon isn't a dummy. He's a bright and well spoken dude. He's from a tough part of Fresno, so that comes out in his verbal diction, but I promise he's not stupid.

GRZSLAYER

Post by GRZSLAYER » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:

I completely agree. He might be the only guy as a fan that has worried me about his playing ability on game day. The guy just gets it done. But I think I would give more credit to Baldwin even just due to his coaching style and his ability to turn his guys loose to truly maximize their ability. That might scare me more than the players. Either way it makes for a hell of a combo!!

Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

GRZSLAYER

Post by GRZSLAYER » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Counter Assault wrote:At least he cut off the blond mohawk...

I forgot about that. That was terrible.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:06 pm

So much flava.

Sent from my TI-99/4A using Tapatalk.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Re: BIG PLAY VA: 'He's as good as any QB we've ever faced'

Post by FTG06' » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 pm

The Mohawk and the single black strip below the eye does NOT make you a football "hipster," it makes you look like a fool.

But damn, that kid can play football. I thought Erik Meyer was the best QB Eastern has ever produced. I don't think that's the case anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:02 pm

The BSC has a long history of being a pass happy league and has had its share of great QBs and great systems, but the EWU show has them all beat. Adams,statistically, is better at this point in his career than anyone before him and, by any metric, as good as anyone.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:37 pm

He was passed over by the PAC 12. It is very fair to say that he is the best "in-game" QB in the nation. May not have Winston or Mariota's pure athletic ability, but he comes to play. The best player in the nation. Period.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Anacomando wrote:He was passed over by the PAC 12. It is very fair to say that he is the best "in-game" QB in the nation. May not have Winston or Mariota's pure athletic ability, but he comes to play. The best player in the nation. Period.
Uhhh, no. Sorry. He's outstanding. And in the conservation. But he's not the best player the nation.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:32 am

So who's gonna knock his a$$ out this year? Ha ha just kidding. I'd forgotten he got knocked out of our last 2 games with them.

He's a great player and I hope we can keep his damage limited without knocking him out this year, but we still have to hit him. That's when he crumbles.

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:57 am

Anacomando wrote:He was passed over by the PAC 12. It is very fair to say that he is the best "in-game" QB in the nation. May not have Winston or Mariota's pure athletic ability, but he comes to play. The best player in the nation. Period.
Best offensive player in the FCS. Best player in the nation, no way.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:42 am

HA!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Yes, he's one of my favorite players in a very long time. He will absolutely kill an undisciplined defense without a doubt. But, against somebody like NDSU and their uncanny ability to remain gap sound the entire game and make adjustments, he doesn't do so well. I like to think we're going to be well prepared, able to communicate and play our assignments Saturday. I swear if we start going away from the assignments Saturday...

Now, as far as the best in the nation? We'll discuss this Sunday. I don't think many realize how good our lines are this year. Pretty confident they're going to be well known Sunday morning. Especially with the LBs and a healthy secondary this year. Just a feeling but I suspect there's going to be some pretty pedestrian numbers put up by the Eagles Saturday.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:26 pm

He's the best player in FCS in my opinion, but he's not big enough nor fast enough to play with the big boys like Mariota, Petty, and Winston. He's a great imitation of Manziel at the FCS level, which is good enough for EWU I'm sure!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

clawman
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by clawman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Two of VA's goals:
1.National Championship
2. Academic athlete of the month, which he has been very close to several times.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.