Music

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Music

Post by lutecat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:06 am

Biggest gripe from the game for me. Music selection. The past few years have been pretty good for playing music that keeps the crowd up. This year not so much. They are playing a lot of songs that are kind of mellow and the ones that will pump you up they start at the beginning and don't get into the "meat" of the song before the play starts. Like this song played on kickoffs now. It sounds like it's going to build into something cool but then the kick off happens right before it gets good.

What suggestions does everyone have? I like that Aloe Black song, "I'm the Man" but it needs to start at the chorus. Not the beginning of the song.

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Music

Post by Counter Assault » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:09 am

I agree. Music is terrible. Less frequent , wussy songs and quiet.

While we are griping, what do we have to do to see a video replay on the score board?!!!

hardhatcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by hardhatcat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:13 am

I agreed. The music selection isn't good and there is too much dead time.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:33 am

I do like zeppelin's Kashmir when the defense takes the field. It's cool and fitting, and I'm sick of the darth Vader theme. And one time they used Let the bodies hit the Floor, which is also a good one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:13 am

Counter Assault wrote: While we are griping, what do we have to do to see a video replay on the score board?!!!
We'd need a dedicated video control room that has access to the camera feeds. And a crew that could cut up the replays and put them on the screen before the offense snaps the ball for the next play. Not an easy task when the offense is up tempo.

Otherwise we just piggyback off what the tv broadcast provides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:23 am

91catAlum wrote:I do like zeppelin's Kashmir when the defense takes the field. It's cool and fitting
I could hear that in the radio feed, very cool!

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:33 am

The announcer still needs to learn where we are at in the game. We are in the red zone and he says we need noise, the video board says the same thing.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:39 am

I don't really care about the music, I'm just surprised that it took until September 14 for a thread about it to be started this year. A new record! :)

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 am

One more thing to gripe about, the video board image looks really bad after just 3 seasons. There are dark black lines that run down the board in multiple areas. They hopefully had a warranty on screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counter Assault

Post by Counter Assault » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:44 am

GavinDonos wrote:
Counter Assault wrote: While we are griping, what do we have to do to see a video replay on the score board?!!!
We'd need a dedicated video control room that has access to the camera feeds. And a crew that could cut up the replays and put them on the screen before the offense snaps the ball for the next play. Not an easy task when the offense is up tempo.

Well, seems like they could do a better job providing what the TV feed provides. They have to be replaying some of those big plays.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:46 am

I have a gripe: I'm not going to make it to a single game this year.

Everything is relative gentlemen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

bobcatforever
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatforever » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:41 am

Completely agree with the OP.
What's the deal with not having any music when the team runs out from the Bobcat head???

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:09 pm

People in my group noticed the lack of any decent music also. Then, the announcer, the same guy who last week said a field goal attempt was incomplete, asked the crowd for noise while the Cats had the ball! Who is running that operation? Have they ever been to a football game before? High school games are run better.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:14 pm

I miss Jason Walker..... A LOT

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:14 pm

DicTater wrote:People in my group noticed the lack of any decent music also. Then, the announcer, the same guy who last week said a field goal attempt was incomplete, asked the crowd for noise while the Cats had the ball! Who is running that operation? Have they ever been to a football game before? High school games are run better.
With all due respect, Ash has said he would like a little more crowd noise and enthusiasm when we are on offense and simply let the QB be the regulator of the level should it be interfering - I for one would love to hearing more of it myself.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:17 pm

GavinDonos wrote:

The lack of replays are my biggest issue with the scoreboard as well - seems we used to do that quite well a few years back, but have no idea why it stopped.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Platinumcat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:57 pm

codecat wrote:
DicTater wrote:People in my group noticed the lack of any decent music also. Then, the announcer, the same guy who last week said a field goal attempt was incomplete, asked the crowd for noise while the Cats had the ball! Who is running that operation? Have they ever been to a football game before? High school games are run better.
With all due respect, Ash has said he would like a little more crowd noise and enthusiasm when we are on offense and simply let the QB be the regulator of the level should it be interfering - I for one would love to hearing more of it myself.
I can tell you a lot of players and coaches were waving the crowd to quiet down when we were on offense yesterday. As a former qb, I am surprised Coach Ash would say that. I can see cheering a big play. But never before snap.

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Platinumcat wrote:
codecat wrote:
I can tell you a lot of players and coaches were waving the crowd to quiet down when we were on offense yesterday. As a former qb, I am surprised Coach Ash would say that. I can see cheering a big play. But never before snap.
Was in a direct conversation with a friend and I. There is just a much positive energy in it for the offense as there is for a defense, so his statement sounded reasonable to me.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:03 pm

I can understand a little noise for some energy, but running the noise meter on the big screen anytime your offense is about to run a play is a little silly.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:15 pm

91catAlum wrote:I can understand a little noise for some energy, but running the noise meter on the big screen anytime your offense is about to run a play is a little silly.

I agree - guess I just don't pay much attention to the screen since there are not replays being shown.