WEEK 2 BSC POWER RANKINGS

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

WEEK 2 BSC POWER RANKINGS

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:40 am

So now that week one is in the books and all BSC teams have played (besides the Bears), thought I would put together some power rankings heading into week 2. disclaimer these our my opinions, feel free to have your own.

1. EWU (2-0) - The Eagles have the most prolific offense in the Big Sky, but not so much when it comes to defense. Still their high powered offense is enough to keep them in the drivers seat of the BSC.

2. UM (0-1) - JJ was less than stellar in the griz loss to the Wyoming, but there were bright spots. their secondary held Wyo to under 100 yards though the air and had a 1 INT. Unfortunately for UM, Wyo put up 200+ yards rushing and was able to put the game away. This was probably one of the tougher D's the griz will face all year.

3. SUU (0-1) - The Thunderbirds started strong against Nevada, but ultimately fell short against the wolfpacks high powered offense. Nevada ended the day with +300 yards passing and +200 yards rushing but the outcome was only 28-19. The T-birds were most impressive on the ground putting up 156 yards with a 7.1 yard per play average. SUU was out classes here, but it will be interesting to see how they fare against FCS competition.

4. MSU (0-1) - The Cats had their hands full against a very speedy ASU team. The defense performed well after a shaky start but the offense was no where to be found. This will have to change if that cats want to make the playoffs or challenge for the Big Sky title.

5. CP (0-1) Cal Poly lost to NMSU, but they might have won if they wouldn't have lost 5 players a couple whom where key players. even so CP put up 259 yards rushing, but only threw 7 passes (2 completions). CP is way to 1 dimensional right now and will also miss the playoffs if they cant find a passing game

6. SAC (1-0) The hornet were the only other team besides EWU to get a W week 1, although the were playing a cream puff, they did what they were supposed to do. Safron looked great 250+ yards and 5 TD's although well see how they fair against stiffer competition.

7. NAU (0-1) The lumberjacks are stuggling with life after Bauman, they never showed a glimpse of hope yesterday.

8. PSU (0-1) The Vik's did good and held their own against Oregon state, OSU isn't great but they are good and PSU was right with them most of the way.
if PSU wants to get better they need to find a passing game, they went 10-27 for 83 yards against OSU.

9. ISU (0-1) was outclassed in everyway by Utah, as they should have been. they did show some life in the running the ball, Xavier Finney rushed for 133 yards against the Utes. He could turn out to be a game changer for ISU.

10. UND (0-1) was slaughter by san jose, they had nothing going for them. I don't see a very different story even when they play FCS teams. its going to be a long year for UND

11. WSU (0-1) Weber was stronger than I gave them credit for, although they took a beating their bright spot was Zach Smith who rushed for 128 and a TD against the Pac-12 sun devils.

12. UCD (0-1) outclassed is an understatement, Stanford pummeled UCD bad... UCD was only able to put up 115 yards of total offense

13. UNC (0-0) the Bears did not play, but they've been the doormat ever since they moved up to the Big Sky, no reason this year should be any different right?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: WEEK 2 BSC POWER RANKINGS

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:40 am

I would say:
EWU
SSU
MSU
PSU
UM
Poly
SUU
...The rest

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber