Roderick

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Roderick

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:20 pm

What was his story against ASU? Don't recall seeing him play at all.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

rtb

Re: Roderick

Post by rtb » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:29 pm

I think he was suspended for the first half. I saw him in there in the second half.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Radio pregame said he was gonna start. Not sure if he did, our receivers were not good today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:04 pm

The PA announcer here announced him as a starter and he was also announced as catching a pass in the fourth quarter. But he's not in the participation report and was not credited with any catches. I did not see him play.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:The PA announcer here announced him as a starter and he was also announced as catching a pass in the fourth quarter. But he's not in the participation report and was not credited with any catches. I did not see him play.
He was out there in thr 4th quarter, but I didn't see him other than that.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:22 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:The PA announcer here announced him as a starter and he was also announced as catching a pass in the fourth quarter. But he's not in the participation report and was not credited with any catches. I did not see him play.
Yeah I can say he was in the game for at least one play. I remember thinking where the hell has he been all night when I saw him.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:53 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Saw one pass thrown at him - I say "at" because I don't think it made it anywhere close to being catchable and I don't recall why. I, too, wondered why he wasn't being thrown to as well as some of the other receivers (thought we were supposed to use/throw to 8).

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:42 am

Someone mentioned last week that he may not start due to a continuation of his discipline problem from Spring ball.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 am

I was listening on the radio and in the second half the radio announcer mentioned his name saying a pass was going to him but Greibel came across had the ball bounce off his hands and almost got it int

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:37 am

If this is discipline related going back to spring then something is wrong, sorry!

Make him get up at 4 am in June, July, or August and do some conditioning or some else! Get the punishment over with and move on.

It doesn't do him any good not playing against an FBS team, he needs the reps too. On the other hand, how selfish of him not to put the team first in making personal decisions and bad choices. If he played in the 4th quarter, then he shouldn't have made the trip, pointless, sorry just my opinion.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:47 am

catgrad05 wrote:I was listening on the radio and in the second half the radio announcer mentioned his name saying a pass was going to him but Greibel came across had the ball bounce off his hands and almost got it int
Yeah I heard that too. On a side note, the radio announcers did a good job. I like our color guy.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie