Conner video sadly missed

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Pronghorn cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Conner video sadly missed

Post by Pronghorn cat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Right now we could sure use a Conner video to help pass the next 9 days.
He had a way of getting you pumped up like no one else could.
RIP

catman50
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Conner video sadly missed

Post by catman50 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Pronghorn cat wrote:Right now we could sure use a Conner video to help pass the next 9 days.
He had a way of getting you pumped up like no one else could.
RIP
I couldn't agree more.

hardhatcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by hardhatcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Agreed. I know he had help with the videos so are any of them planning to take over.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:37 pm

I have been thinking the same thing lately. He was extremely talented!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

hardhatcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by hardhatcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Yes he was and I think it would be a shame if one of his colleagues did not continue what he started.

catdaddy7
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catdaddy7 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:55 pm

Was just wondering if they have some sort of tribute on tap for Gold Rush. Would be a shame if they didn't. Maybe sell some
Psy glasses to everyone and we can gangnam a tribute to Connor,,,, that'd be kinda cool! 8) 8) 8)

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm

It might be awhile until someone fills that spot he left, not sure it would ever be the same. This would be a great time for another badass video. RIP Conner

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:32 pm

He was probably in the top five biggest contributors to bobcat football over the last four years. He was the best, and the video makers for other college schools rightfully recognized him for that. I asked Colter if there was anybody doing the same thing this year for the Cats as Conner did in the past, but I never got a response. For some reason I thought I remembered someone saying there would be in fact a replacement? Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

If your left, you aren’t right.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Maybe someone on BN with the knowhow can post an old Conner Video each day!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:42 pm

gtapp wrote:Maybe someone on BN with the knowhow can post an old Conner Video each day!
[youtube][/youtube]

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

falconcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by falconcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:49 pm

=D^ Thanks !!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:54 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 pm

He definitely had a knack for his trade. Fvck cancer.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 pm

This thread is just weird. Just 2 hours ago I was thinking to myself that a new video should be coming out soon, but sadly it probably won't happen.

Conner will be missed for a long time

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:59 am

One of my fav's of Conner's...

http://youtu.be/-UPqad-WfN4

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:23 am

Other than interactions on BN and Twitter, I never met the man, but he made an impact on me. He filmed our Cats as if they were the Warriors, truth is that the guy behind the lens was the toughest fighter of them all. The guy went through so much, yet came out smiling and enjoying life. He'll continue to inspire us, not because he is gone, but because of the way he lived while he was here.

His videos remain a tangible connection to a young man taken from us too soon. I wish there could be more, but we'll cherish the ones he left.

Thank you Conner. We miss you. You were a true Bobcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathaniel Wilson
New Recruit

Post by Nathaniel Wilson » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:00 am

hardhatcat wrote:Agreed. I know he had help with the videos so are any of them planning to take over.
Hey all,

To give some context as to who I am, I worked with Conner for the past couple of years as another student videographer in Athletics and Football and he was also my closest friend. I graduated from MSU this May and no longer live in Bozeman, so I don't know the current state of affairs on the video front, but this is the last bit of info I had as to what MSU was planning to do as far as video production goes. Please keep in mind that this was all from April, so things could have changed since then.

Football was planning on hiring other students just to focus on filming games for highlights. During games, I was on the sidelines filming with Conner, but the two of us also had to film practices. These students' focus would just be highlights, weekly motivationals and other creative videos concerning Football. There was also talk of having these same kids film other sports as well (like Conner did), but I don't know what the status of that is.

Again, take this with a grain of salt as things could've changed, but rest assured they're not going to completely abandon creative video production. Things will undoubtedly be different, but in large part thanks to Conner, MSU has high standards now, and they're going to do their best to meet them.

https://vimeo.com/npjwil" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanielwilson91/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/nathanielw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:08 am

Nathaniel Wilson wrote:
hardhatcat wrote:Agreed. I know he had help with the videos so are any of them planning to take over.
Hey all,

To give some context as to who I am, I worked with Conner for the past couple of years as another student videographer in Athletics and Football and he was also my closest friend. I graduated from MSU this May and no longer live in Bozeman, so I don't know the current state of affairs on the video front, but this is the last bit of info I had as to what MSU was planning to do as far as video production goes. Please keep in mind that this was all from April, so things could have changed since then.

Football was planning on hiring other students just to focus on filming games for highlights. During games, I was on the sidelines filming with Conner, but the two of us also had to film practices. These students' focus would just be highlights, weekly motivationals and other creative videos concerning Football. There was also talk of having these same kids film other sports as well (like Conner did), but I don't know what the status of that is.

Again, take this with a grain of salt as things could've changed, but rest assured they're not going to completely abandon creative video production. Things will undoubtedly be different, but in large part thanks to Conner, MSU has high standards now, and they're going to do their best to meet them.
Awesome, thank you sir. Maybe Colter can do some checking around\poking someone with a stick so we can start getting our Bobcat Video fix! :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

TrueCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by TrueCat » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:27 am

Thank you for the update Nathaniel. Conner will be sorely missed. Maybe we can convince you to come back and continue the legacy of great Bobcat videos.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:19 pm

webdav wrote:Other than interactions on BN and Twitter, I never met the man, but he made an impact on me. He filmed our Cats as if they were the Warriors, truth is that the guy behind the lens was the toughest fighter of them all. The guy went through so much, yet came out smiling and enjoying life. He'll continue to inspire us, not because he is gone, but because of the way he lived while he was here.

His videos remain a tangible connection to a young man taken from us too soon. I wish there could be more, but we'll cherish the ones he left.

Thank you Conner. We miss you. You were a true Bobcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. This post gave me chills. Thanks for the poignant remarks webdav...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: