Ark State espn3.com Viewing Parties

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Ark State espn3.com Viewing Parties

Post by DaCats21 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:43 pm

I thought I would start a thread listing places across the state that will be showing the Arkansas State game (8/30/14 5:00 MT)

The problem is, I haven't heard of anywhere that plans on showing the game yet. I think the Halftime in GF and the Red Door in Billings have showed internet games in the past. Has anyone heard anything?

DriftCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Ark State espn3.com Viewing Parties

Post by DriftCat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Good idea....being in Billings, I would love to know where I am spending next Saturday. :D

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Just to confirm....If we have cable we should be able to log onto espn3.com and get the game no problem and then be able to hook it up to a tv. correct?

canyoncat

Post by canyoncat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:07 pm

The Motherlode here in Helena showed the SMU game last year. I am sure Tony (Taco) will do so again. I am going to have to miss it this year due to being in Silverwood with the family :?

GO CATS!!!

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Air Force Cat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Pour House and Rockin R will have them on in Bozeman

GavinDonos

Post by GavinDonos » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:08 pm

DriftCat wrote:Good idea....being in Billings, I would love to know where I am spending next Saturday. :D
At my place. ESPN3 comes in beautifully on my xBox. $15 cover.

Sent from my TI-99/4A using Tapatalk.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:09 pm

The Club in the Best Western GranTree Inn will have it on for sure. There is always a good crowd there.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:39 pm

If you have a Chromecast and your cable provider allows, you can stream directly to your TV. POW!
http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chrome ... /apps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

loggy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by loggy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

I think the Squire will have the game in Billings

ImagineSanta

Post by ImagineSanta » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:23 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
DriftCat wrote:Good idea....being in Billings, I would love to know where I am spending next Saturday. :D
What about a 6 pack of beer, your choice?

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

DriftCat

Post by DriftCat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:55 pm

GavinDonos wrote:

Sent from my TI-99/4A using Tapatalk.
Well, why didn't you say something sooner? I'm in.

I'll bring the kid as well.....those two should be able to keep each other entertained while we watch the Cats school Ark. St.

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Cats15 wrote:Just to confirm....If we have cable we should be able to log onto espn3.com and get the game no problem and then be able to hook it up to a tv. correct?
Yes if your internet provider provides ESPN3. Charter/optimum has ESPN3.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Cats15 wrote:Just to confirm....If we have cable we should be able to log onto espn3.com and get the game no problem and then be able to hook it up to a tv. correct?
Unfortunately for me, Centurylink isn't on the list of participating providers..... Might have to make a switch this year.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Walk-on wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Unfortunately for me, Centurylink isn't on the list of participating providers..... Might have to make a switch this year.
I'm on Centurylink, here is the solution, go somewhere that has a provider that has ESPN access, (work, friend ect...) connect to espn3 (watch espn or whatever) and click the remote access button, it will sync your espn account with that provider, When you are home it will work thinking that your home provider is the one when you synced it, last fall it worked for over 6 months before I had to re-sync it.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Note that it is not just about your internet provider, some cable/satellite providers are also ESPN3 partners. If you are a Dish Network subscriber for your TV service you have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN by signing in with your Dish Network info.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:28 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Walk-on wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
I'm on Centurylink, here is the solution, go somewhere that has a provider that has ESPN access, (work, friend ect...) connect to espn3 (watch espn or whatever) and click the remote access button, it will sync your espn account with that provider, When you are home it will work thinking that your home provider is the one when you synced it, last fall it worked for over 6 months before I had to re-sync it.
Thanks. I'll try it. I don't watch much tv and only have over the air channels. But I do have internet, so this gives me hope in watching at home.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

gocats

Post by gocats » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

kmax wrote:Note that it is not just about your internet provider, some cable/satellite providers are also ESPN3 partners. If you are a Dish Network subscriber for your TV service you have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN by signing in with your Dish Network info.
I've tried that with no luck. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:37 pm

gocats wrote:
kmax wrote:Note that it is not just about your internet provider, some cable/satellite providers are also ESPN3 partners. If you are a Dish Network subscriber for your TV service you have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN by signing in with your Dish Network info.
I've tried that with no luck. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
I couldn't get it to work a year ago but maybe things have changed since then

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Deal just went through this last spring. I've used it a ton this summer, especially during the world cup. http://about.dish.com/press-release/pro ... roducts-di" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When espn3 or watchespn app ask you to verify your service provider find Dish Network in the list. It will redirect to the Dish webpage and you sign in with your credentials for their site and then you will have access.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:47 am

kmax wrote:Deal just went through this last spring. I've used it a ton this summer, especially during the world cup. http://about.dish.com/press-release/pro ... roducts-di" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When espn3 or watchespn app ask you to verify your service provider find Dish Network in the list. It will redirect to the Dish webpage and you sign in with your credentials for their site and then you will have access.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
OK i see must be part of the dishanywhere package, sorry i didn't read the link