The rumors have begun on Bleskin transfer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

The rumors have begun on Bleskin transfer

Post by ibleedblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Colter, gonna need your help on this one.

I got a call from a buddy with strong ties to Carrol College. He said word on the street is Bleskin is going that way. He admitted it is just the talk of a few right now. So at this point I'm guessing its pure speculation, but it wouldn't be the first time these things tuen into reality.

Do you have any info on this. On one hand, I want him to go and succeed there. On the other, I want him to be our number 2 as he's one injury away from a lot of playing time.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: The rumors have begun on Bleskin transfer

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Literally just saw this on egriz. Heard from a friend from a friend, etc...
I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred in the end, but I'll wait to see it.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Yep saw it on Egriz. griz smack as far as I'm concerned.

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Okay good. If it's going around there then it's probably NOT the truth. My worry is my friend played football for Carrol and has a good pulse on the program. I'll chalk it up to rumor til Colter tells us different

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Would hate to see him do that, but we will still be in good shape with Quinn McQueary. That kid is a player.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Then he'd be in competition with three or four other QB's at Carroll. Not that he couldn't win, but that would throw them into the same predicament. Don't know if Van Diest wants that....and they have limited scholarships that are most likely used up already! They have over a hundred players out for the team.

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:36 pm

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:01 pm

ibleedblue wrote:Colter, gonna need your help on this one.

I got a call from a buddy with strong ties to Carrol College. He said word on the street is Bleskin is going that way. He admitted it is just the talk of a few right now. So at this point I'm guessing its pure speculation, but it wouldn't be the first time these things tuen into reality.

Do you have any info on this. On one hand, I want him to go and succeed there. On the other, I want him to be our number 2 as he's one injury away from a lot of playing time.

If indeed its true, and he does go, its his choice to transfer. He has the ability and shown he can make a great QB, like other have said he is one injury away from starting, hopefully Purkop doesn't get hurt....but hopefully Jake stays and makes a go at. Or if he leave, more power to him, too much talent for him not to play.

I was thinking it was going to start out like couple years ago, when Iddins and (forget the other QB) switched halfs for the 1st couple games. This way it puts them in real game situations, real time.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:34 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:Colter, gonna need your help on this one.

If indeed its true, and he does go, its his choice to transfer. He has the ability and shown he can make a great QB, like other have said he is one injury away from starting, hopefully Purkop doesn't get hurt....but hopefully Jake stays and makes a go at. Or if he leave, more power to him, too much talent for him not to play.

I was thinking it was going to start out like couple years ago, when Iddins and (forget the other QB) switched halfs for the 1st couple games. This way it puts them in real game situations, real time.
Kempt and Iddins did that one year, I would like to forget that year just like last year.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Checked with three sources inside the Carroll program, including THE person who would know and who handles transfers. This was news to all of them, so I'd say it's a rumor.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Come on guys. Let's be real. Jake isn't going anywhere. He's likely an academic senior embedded in his major, likely has a full NCAA football scholarship, has developed friends and relationship at MSU and is a Bobcat to the bone, just like his brother. He's not going to pout off to Carroll or anyone else because he's currently the #2 quarterback. Among the things I admire about Cody Kempt...when he was beaten out he stayed totally engaged. The few times McGee got dinged and had to come out, Cody was immediately in the huddle with his plastic hat on taking charge. Jake is that kind of guy.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Come on guys. Let's be real. Jake isn't going anywhere. He's likely an academic senior embedded in his major, likely has a full NCAA football scholarship, has developed friends and relationship at MSU and is a Bobcat to the bone, just like his brother. He's not going to pout off to Carroll or anyone else because he's currently the #2 quarterback. Among the things I admire about Cody Kempt...when he was beaten out he stayed totally engaged. The few times McGee got dinged and had to come out, Cody was immediately in the huddle with his plastic hat on taking charge. Jake is that kind of guy.
I won't go into specifics, but if you saw Jake's significant other, you'd realize he'd be TOTALLY INSANE to leave Bozeman.

Remember, the best recruiting tool to get them to come and the best to get them to stay is always pretty girls.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Come on guys. Let's be real. Jake isn't going anywhere. He's likely an academic senior embedded in his major, likely has a full NCAA football scholarship, has developed friends and relationship at MSU and is a Bobcat to the bone, just like his brother. He's not going to pout off to Carroll or anyone else because he's currently the #2 quarterback. Among the things I admire about Cody Kempt...when he was beaten out he stayed totally engaged. The few times McGee got dinged and had to come out, Cody was immediately in the huddle with his plastic hat on taking charge. Jake is that kind of guy.
I won't go into specifics, but if you saw Jake's significant other, you'd realize he'd be TOTALLY INSANE to leave Bozeman.

Remember, the best recruiting tool to get them to come and the best to get them to stay is always pretty girls.
Thanks Brent Musberger. ;)

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 pm

That's funny right there... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:51 pm

If he goes, I would gladly take Quinn as a backup. He looked really good at practice the other day.

Punters are people too!!

doebrmn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by doebrmn » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:21 pm

correct on possible transfer to CC but wrong player

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:25 pm

doebrmn wrote:correct on possible transfer to CC but wrong player
Is it Fitts that's going to CC? :lol:

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

It's good to be the quarterback...

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:50 pm

doebrmn wrote:correct on possible transfer to CC but wrong player
wanna elaborate..?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Would really suck if it was QM. Man I hate all the speculation and I just did it.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!