Mock Game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Mock Game

Post by lutecat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:15 am

Ok, I"ve spent the last few minutes searching on here for the time of the mock game today, but I can't find it. Anyone know when it is. I know in one of these many page threads there is a schedule of practice times that I have seen, but I'm not readily finding it.

edit: ok I found a schedule but it says they're off today and tomorrow, but Colter's article said something about a mock game today.
Last edited by lutecat on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: Mock Game

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:17 am

Unfortunately it'snot open to the press or public.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:25 am

I would think it would be kind of boring for most of us anyway. I imagine they just go through situations and make sure everybody knows their assignments. The little details of a game that can cost yards like the delay of game and illegal substitution penalties.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:17 am

Yea....it's like a dress rehearsal!

2024 Resume dominance

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:30 am

They start all the way back with team meal and pregame film sessions, and go through each and every step through the whole process in real time. Since the A State kickoff is at 6p (CDT), they will probably set up this mock game assuming a 6p kickoff as well, but not necessarily. The schedule is set up counting back from kickoff (K minus 3 hours this happens, K minus 2:45 this happens, etc), so it doesn't really matter when the kickoff is. The sequence all starts at the same time relative to kickoff.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 am

Darth Yoda wrote:They start all the way back with team meal and pregame film sessions, and go through each and every step through the whole process in real time. Since the A State kickoff is at 6p (CDT), they will probably set up this mock game assuming a 6p kickoff as well, but not necessarily. The schedule is set up counting back from kickoff (K minus 3 hours this happens, K minus 2:45 this happens, etc), so it doesn't really matter when the kickoff is. The sequence all starts at the same time relative to kickoff.
It's also pouring rain at the moment. Indoor practice facility? ;)

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:30 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:They start all the way back with team meal and pregame film sessions, and go through each and every step through the whole process in real time. Since the A State kickoff is at 6p (CDT), they will probably set up this mock game assuming a 6p kickoff as well, but not necessarily. The schedule is set up counting back from kickoff (K minus 3 hours this happens, K minus 2:45 this happens, etc), so it doesn't really matter when the kickoff is. The sequence all starts at the same time relative to kickoff.
I agree, and will gladly toast your name on the new facility (if your paying for it)

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:40 am

allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
I agree, and will gladly toast your name on the new facility (if your paying for it)
Lol. Actually I think rain won't do a thing to the mock game even if we had a IPF. Part of this exercise is for the equipment folks to make absolutely sure they have their act together too. Since it's possible we may seen rain in AK, they will need to make sure we have the right stuff on board.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:42 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Lol. Actually I think rain won't do a thing to the mock game even if we had a IPF. Part of this exercise is for the equipment folks to make absolutely sure they have their act together too. Since it's possible we may seen rain in AK, they will need to make sure we have the right stuff on board.
Plus the dline jerseys are already wet. :-^

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:52 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
What did I miss? Who do we play in Alaska?
:D

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Fine, I won't pay for an IPF...

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
We can still use it for storage, or do you want to do this anonymously?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:13 pm

allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
So it being storage is contingent on me putting my name to it? :coffee:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:16 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
We're flexible, unless your talking about actual flexibility.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:17 pm

allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
We're flexible, unless your talking about actual flexibility.
I rarely stretch.