The 2014 season is here, please think about this

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

The 2014 season is here, please think about this

Post by rtb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:36 pm

I've stepped away from this board pretty significantly during the off season and as I try to get back into the swing of things to help moderate this place during the season I'm shocked and bummed by how off topic a thread can quickly get with someone thinking they are being funny or they are smarter than everyone else.

I don't want to kill all discussion here as the point of a message board is open discussion right? However, with that in mind I would ask for a little help from all of you. How can you help? Here are a few ways:

1.) Re-familiarize your self with our terms of service which can be found here: http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vi ... p?f=7&t=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2.) PLEASE, think before you hit submit. Take a few moments and read your post. Are you being an ass? Are you going to de-rail the subject at hand? Are you bringing up the University of Montana for no reason other than you hate them? Are you not adding anything to the actual conversation? If you can say yes to any of the above please don't hit submit. While it may be funny to you at the time, it just makes a huge mess for Brad, Kevin, and I to clean-up and detracts from the board.

3.) We are all people, and most of us are fans and alumni of Montana State. People are bound to have different thoughts and opinions from you, but that doesn't make them an idiot and there is no reason to turn things into a personal attack. Chill out, have fun, and be kind.

4.) REMEMBER, 99.9% of the discussion on this board revolves around KIDS that are 18-22 years old and playing a game for our ENTERTAINMENT. There are a lot bigger issues in life and in the world. Please do you best to respect the kids and coaches that bust their butts day in and day out to represent Montana State on the field and provide entertainment to you on Saturdays. If you are so upset with the play of this kids while you watch from the sidelines take a break and come back when you're a little more calm. Ranting about the coaches and players is getting old. I understand that part of being a fan is the passion that sports brings out, but have a little faith in the coaches and players PLEASE.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

grunyon37
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: The 2014 season is here, please think about this

Post by grunyon37 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:49 pm

ALL great reminders! Thanks! =D^ =D^

rtb

Post by rtb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:55 pm

BUMP

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

KeepTheChange
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KeepTheChange » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Internet. Serious business.

09griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 09griz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:04 pm

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:55 pm

In regards to point #2, how about seriously thinking about tossing some of the more brainless griz posters from this board who spend all their time interjecting asinine comments into what's supposed to be Cat subjects that are not designed to add to the discussions but to merely agitate and inflame? I'm not talking about all of the griz, many of whom have interesting points to discuss but some such as "badlands griz" seldom add anything but juvenile shots at the cat program and the posters on this site who are trying to delve into subjects of interest to CAT fans. Too many times the discussions turn into ignorant shots back and forth that add nothing but serve to derail the topic. Ie. keep that crap off this board and put it onto the smack site where it belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Who gives a rats ass about how "much you make" badlands griz which seems to be your final comeback in your juvenile rants against Cat supporters????? This isn't kindergarden , put that crap on your griz website and maybe you can impress someone or at least find someone who gives a s##t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:09 pm

desmond1957 wrote:In regards to point #2, how about seriously thinking about tossing some of the more brainless griz posters from this board who spend all their time interjecting asinine comments into what's supposed to be Cat subjects that are not designed to add to the discussions but to merely agitate and inflame? I'm not talking about all of the griz, many of whom have interesting points to discuss but some such as "badlands griz" seldom add anything but juvenile shots at the cat program and the posters on this site who are trying to delve into subjects of interest to CAT fans. Too many times the discussions turn into ignorant shots back and forth that add nothing but serve to derail the topic. Ie. keep that crap off this board and put it onto the smack site where it belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Who gives a rats ass about how "much you make" badlands griz which seems to be your final comeback in your juvenile rants against Cat supporters????? This isn't kindergarden , put that crap on your griz website and maybe you can impress someone or at least find someone who gives a s##t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you have to poke the mods with a pretty shsrp stick to get banned, which is pretty good. I think they send quite a few pm's that we know nothing about.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:29 pm

allcat wrote:
desmond1957 wrote:In regards to point #2, how about seriously thinking about tossing some of the more brainless griz posters from this board who spend all their time interjecting asinine comments into what's supposed to be Cat subjects that are not designed to add to the discussions but to merely agitate and inflame? I'm not talking about all of the griz, many of whom have interesting points to discuss but some such as "badlands griz" seldom add anything but juvenile shots at the cat program and the posters on this site who are trying to delve into subjects of interest to CAT fans. Too many times the discussions turn into ignorant shots back and forth that add nothing but serve to derail the topic. Ie. keep that crap off this board and put it onto the smack site where it belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Who gives a rats ass about how "much you make" badlands griz which seems to be your final comeback in your juvenile rants against Cat supporters????? This isn't kindergarden , put that crap on your griz website and maybe you can impress someone or at least find someone who gives a s##t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you have to poke the mods with a pretty shsrp stick to get banned, which is pretty good. I think they send quite a few pm's that we know nothing about.
But I fully expect all of them to quit their jobs and moderate this place full time. I mean, I signed up for a free account here and I expect my own desires to be served - - NOW! I mean, I expect every poster that gets under my skin a little bit should have already been identified and dealt with before I have the insane displeasure of being FORCED to read what these guys write. And while we're at it - How rude of KMAX to not get us a countdown clock this year for my phone. :-^

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:54 pm

allcat wrote:
You had me in full agreement until the end where you slammed badlands griz. You did the exact same thing that you're saying he needs kicked out for.
Not saying I disagree with it, but hopefully you see the point I'm trying to make.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:54 pm

And yes, I did quote the wrong post.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....