Michael Foster is BACK!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Michael Foster is BACK!

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 am

Sounds like Michael Foster is back in action for 2014. This is great for our LB depth and special teams play. It's great to have him back!

Tweets from Rachac:
Bobcats LB Mike Foster granted an NCAA waiver to play in 2014. Was academically ineligible, but reinstated due to extenuating circumstances

Foster must serve 4-game suspension but is eligible to play in Week 5
Last edited by wbtfg on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Foster back

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 am

It's crazy isn't it, the NCAA will grant a waiver and say its due to circumstances, but then they turn around and also give him a 4 game suspension? Weird.

If your left, you aren’t right.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Michael Foster is BACK!

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:02 am

REDSHIRT COLLINS!!!!!!

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:06 am

that is GREAT news! Really helps the depth!

And yes- DEFINITELY NEED TO REDSHIRT COLLINS now!!!!!!!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am

Good for him. And kudos to Ash and MSU for obviously working on his behalf to get him back. Wonder what the circumstances were and I hope everything is ok with him.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 am

Yes, great news.

Collins isn't redshirting .

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

hardhatcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by hardhatcat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:27 am

Great news for Foster and the team.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 am

He'll probably just fumble.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 am

Awesome news. I'm happy for Foster, and obviously happy that this creates depth down the stretch.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 am

wbtfg wrote:He'll probably just fumble.

:rofl:

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:42 am

Alright I'll be the jerk. Who cares!!! Unless he is coming back to play special teams which would only help because it might give a freshman the chance to redshirt that is the only good. I would rather see his scholarship go to a young walk on who is deserving or a guy like Fitts!!

This doesn't really help the team that much.

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

basincat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by basincat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:03 am

GRZSLAYER wrote:Alright I'll be the jerk. Who cares!!! Unless he is coming back to play special teams which would only help because it might give a freshman the chance to redshirt that is the only good. I would rather see his scholarship go to a young walk on who is deserving or a guy like Fitts!!

Thank you. Agreed. He better never be ahead of Rhett Young on the depth chart. Wasn't better than him last year, so especially not after this. However, maybe he could help prevent an injury to someone by playing special teams.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:05 am

Nice "Welcome Back" to a 5th year senior.

So much for "once a Bobcat, always a Bobcat" eh fellas?

:bag:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 am

Yea no kidding. The guy has busted his butt for the program for 4 years, obviously had a difficult enough situation that the NCAA granted him another year of eligiblity, and all you can say is "Who cares, give his scholarship to a younger guy."

That is one of the more disappointing posts I've read on this board. :shrug:

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:24 am

mslacatfan wrote:that is GREAT news! Really helps the depth!

And yes- DEFINITELY NEED TO REDSHIRT COLLINS now!!!!!!!
I'm glad to see he is able to come back, it does two things, gives more experience at LBs, more experience on special teams, and he can finish his last year. I agree on redshirt Collins, give him one more year to develop into even more of a beast, put on 15-20 pounds, and you have a 4 year starter. That's a testament as to his dedication and the coaching staff, for getting him back.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 am

wbtfg wrote:He'll probably just fumble.

awesome! :lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:29 am

Here's how I'm looking at it. Was it a great thing to say. No. I knew that as I started it. As for a disappointing post give me a break. I bet if people answered honestly more would agree than disagree.

Here is my thinking behind it. Coming into this fall the Cats loaded up on talent. That is obvious with the influx of freshman that will play this year. They brought in way more kids than they had scholarships for because they knew they had to get better. Especially on Defense!!

Now you have a guy coming back who was academically ineligible. Hasn't played at all this fall and if I'm not mistaken none this spring. Unfortunately he was probably the weakest link on defense after the injuries last year. Plus he will miss the first 4 games so how much will they really get out of him and what kind of shape is he in?

Like I stated earlier if he was only going to play special teams which isn't an unreasonable thing to assume it might help keep a kid like Collins from playing which is good. I doubt it will work out that way so if that's not the case I do think not inviting him back and giving his scholarship to a more deserving kid a bad thing.

That's just my opinion.

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:32 am

GRZSLAYER wrote:Here's how I'm looking at it. Was it a great thing to say. No. I knew that as I started it. As for a disappointing post give me a break. I bet if people answered honestly more would agree than disagree.

Here is my thinking behind it. Coming into this fall the Cats loaded up on talent. That is obvious with the influx of freshman that will play this year. They brought in way more kids than they had scholarships for because they knew they had to get better. Especially on Defense!!

Now you have a guy coming back who was academically ineligible. Hasn't played at all this fall and if I'm not mistaken none this spring. Unfortunately he was probably the weakest link on defense after the injuries last year. Plus he will miss the first 4 games so how much will they really get out of him and what kind of shape is he in?

Like I stated earlier if he was only going to play special teams which isn't an unreasonable thing to assume it might help keep a kid like Collins from playing which is good. I doubt it will work out that way so if that's not the case I do think not inviting him back and giving his scholarship to a more deserving kid a bad thing.

That's just my opinion.
I don't know about that. You don't pull a guys scholarship in his 5th year just because he isn't a starter. This is his life we are talking about - what if you pull his scholarship after all this time, he can't afford his senior year and drops out? Hurts his career, hurts our APR, hurts the program.

How many instances can you think of where a scholarship guy stuck around for 4-5 years, dropped down the depth chart, and then had his scholarship pulled his senior year because there were better walkons below him? I doubt you can find one. Because coaches will reward his hard work, dedication and loyalty.

I'm glad you aren't making scholarship decisions.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 am

CelticCat wrote:
GRZSLAYER wrote:Here's how I'm looking at it. Was it a great thing to say. No. I knew that as I started it. As for a disappointing post give me a break. I bet if people answered honestly more would agree than disagree.

That's just my opinion.
I don't know about that. You don't pull a guys scholarship in his 5th year just because he isn't a starter. This is his life we are talking about - what if you pull his scholarship after all this time, he can't afford his senior year and drops out? Hurts his career, hurts our APR, hurts the program.

How many instances can you think of where a scholarship guy stuck around for 4-5 years, dropped down the depth chart, and then had his scholarship pulled his senior year because there were better walkons below him? I doubt you can find one. Because coaches will reward his hard work, dedication and loyalty.

I'm glad you aren't making scholarship decisions.
This.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

GRZSLAYER wrote:Alright I'll be the jerk. Who cares!!! Unless he is coming back to play special teams which would only help because it might give a freshman the chance to redshirt that is the only good. I would rather see his scholarship go to a young walk on who is deserving or a guy like Fitts!!

Last edited by mslacatfan on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

FTG- GO CATS GO!