Can you imagine being Jake Bleskin ?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mizzcat23
New Recruit

Can you imagine being Jake Bleskin ?

Post by Mizzcat23 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:00 pm

It's every little kids dream from Montana to be the starting qb for either the Grizz or the Cats, jake waited 3 long years to get that spot I know for a fact that he thought he would have that spot under wraps, considering he was back up 3 years two if you want to be technical, he has the pressure to not only start but to live up to what his brother did for the program , and not only that but his parents are a huge part of the bobcat organization, it had to be tough for ash to make that decision off of those money reasons alone. All that hard work and being second ready to be first itching for a chance to prove his self has gotta suck to start right back at step one. And it's not like he's able to switch positions like a Tanner Rodrick because he is not athletically gifted,( well endless you want to count punter). I know after the stent he had when dmac was hurt he had to think the start was locked in at his but I guess he didn't do enough he did go out with a bang though I must say during those few games, but for a guy from Texas to come in and take the spot has got to be sitting pretty heavy on him , I'm sure he's blaming and pointing the finger and everyone but himself, but I mean can you blame the kid after waiting patiently for 3 years? I just pray that he stays focused and ready and doesn't do anything like kill his self, this is a bigger deal then most people may think especially with the pressures of being from Montana and having the last name Bleskin. Remember jake your only an injury or a couple of bad games away from your chance, at least until the prukop comes back from an injury (god forbid) keep your head up kid you will be ok at the end of the day it's only a game and only temporary hopefully your family will still love you regardless.

GO CATS!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Can you imagine being Jake Bleskin ?

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:03 pm

woah! slow down, I'm sure he is upset, but I don't think we have to worry about him killing himself......... jeez.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Mizzcat23 wrote:It's every little kids dream from Montana to be the starting qb for either the Grizz or the Cats, jake waited 3 long years to get that spot I know for a fact that he thought he would have that spot under wraps, considering he was back up 3 years two if you want to be technical, he has the pressure to not only start but to live up to what his brother did for the program , and not only that but his parents are a huge part of the bobcat organization, it had to be tough for ash to make that decision off of those money reasons alone. All that hard work and being second ready to be first itching for a chance to prove his self has gotta suck to start right back at step one. And it's not like he's able to switch positions like a Tanner Rodrick because he is not athletically gifted,( well endless you want to count punter). I know after the stent he had when dmac was hurt he had to think the start was locked in at his but I guess he didn't do enough he did go out with a bang though I must say during those few games, but for a guy from Texas to come in and take the spot has got to be sitting pretty heavy on him , I'm sure he's blaming and pointing the finger and everyone but himself, but I mean can you blame the kid after waiting patiently for 3 years? I just pray that he stays focused and ready and doesn't do anything like kill his self, this is a bigger deal then most people may think especially with the pressures of being from Montana and having the last name Bleskin. Remember jake your only an injury or a couple of bad games away from your chance, at least until the prukop comes back from an injury (god forbid) keep your head up kid you will be ok at the end of the day it's only a game and only temporary hopefully your family will still love you regardless.

GO CATS!

WTF?

-Elias P. Harmon-

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Good to see I'm not the only one that thinks that might be the oddest (and I'm not just referring to the rambling nature and grammar), most over the top post ever on this board. Congrats, that's quite an accomplishment around here.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:08 pm

:?:
Last edited by wbtfg on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 pm

That was pretty damn cool.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Mizzcat23 wrote:It's every little kids dream from Montana to be the starting qb for either the Grizz or the Cats, jake waited 3 long years to get that spot I know for a fact that he thought he would have that spot under wraps, considering he was back up 3 years two if you want to be technical, he has the pressure to not only start but to live up to what his brother did for the program , and not only that but his parents are a huge part of the bobcat organization, it had to be tough for ash to make that decision off of those money reasons alone. All that hard work and being second ready to be first itching for a chance to prove his self has gotta suck to start right back at step one. And it's not like he's able to switch positions like a Tanner Rodrick because he is not athletically gifted,( well endless you want to count punter). I know after the stent he had when dmac was hurt he had to think the start was locked in at his but I guess he didn't do enough he did go out with a bang though I must say during those few games, but for a guy from Texas to come in and take the spot has got to be sitting pretty heavy on him , I'm sure he's blaming and pointing the finger and everyone but himself, but I mean can you blame the kid after waiting patiently for 3 years? I just pray that he stays focused and ready and doesn't do anything like kill his self, this is a bigger deal then most people may think especially with the pressures of being from Montana and having the last name Bleskin. Remember jake your only an injury or a couple of bad games away from your chance, at least until the prukop comes back from an injury (god forbid) keep your head up kid you will be ok at the end of the day it's only a game and only temporary hopefully your family will still love you regardless.

GO CATS!
Dumbest post ever!

I would imagine he's bummed and it may take some time but I doubt he's pointing the finger or playing the blame game. He strikes me as a much better kid and teammate then your post paints him. Bringing up the booster money part and inferring that "a guy from Texas" took his spot is just stupid.

Take this trash off the board.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:13 pm

=D^
quality post!

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:14 pm

ilovethecats wrote:=D^
quality post!
And a first post, at that. Didn't know Jake got a "stent" last year. Didn't miss a practice or game.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Whomever is policing this website needs to remove the post......CLASSLESS

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:23 pm

You can look at the post two ways, 1. It was made as a tongue in cheek comment or 2. The person was trying to sympathize and relate to Jake. Either way it was probably a bad post, but one thing is for sure, I bet he is a little pissed off and hurt. To think he isn't mad about the decision, even if it's best for the team, would be an unrealistic view.

If your left, you aren’t right.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:24 pm

I'm guessing a very young Bobcat fan wrote that post, so I'm going to cut them some slack. Don't lose any sleep over TB or his family getting too depressed over him not being named the starter. Disappointed? Of course. However - the Bleskin family is too good of a family to let this run a life! #-o

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:24 pm

GO CATS!
This isn't middle school football or basketball where you get an even amount of playing time because you show up to practice. Prukop WON the starting job because he has performed better and damn right Ash shouldn't have made a decision based on Bleskin's parents being boosters.

I also love that you just threw him under the bus too saying, "it's not like he's able to switch positions like a Tanner Rodrick because he is not athletically gifted." So you want Ash to start a kid who isn't as athletically gifted as others because his parents are boosters to the football program??? AND to top it off you add in the kid should be on suicide watch. NICE!!! :thumbup: :crazy:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 pm

While I'm not deleting this, I did delete the repost in another thread. Just a friendly warning to our newest poster Mizzcat...one of the quickest ways to get on the bad side of the mods around here is to go posting the same thing in multiple threads, especially after posting it as a new thread already. This is a pretty sure sign of a troll...outlandish opinions trying to stir up crap and either wanting to ruin as many good threads as possible or being so worried people won't take enough notice of you that you try to make sure you show up in every thread.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Mizzcat23
New Recruit

Post by Mizzcat23 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Here you loud & clear @kmax

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:34 pm

:shock:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:48 pm

grizz troll.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 pm

tampa_griz wrote:That was pretty damn cool.
Upvoting your own post? ;)

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:55 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:That was pretty damn cool.
Upvoting your own post? ;)
Trust me, I am not capable of writing something that awesome. I'd take credit for it if I did but it wasn't me. :)

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Here's the deal. Jake is still an important quarterback on the Bobcat football roster. I'm reasonably sure the coaches didn't come into the room, point their finger at DP and say, "you're in! The other two guys are out!" Most likely they all went over some of the critical mass and in the end Jake might have silently agreed, but still pissed off...at himself.
Here's what's much worse. The Bobcat linebacker who worked his butt off and made the 1's in his senior year is cut down on the opening kickoff of the first game and is gone forever! The running back hit a step out of bounds and blows a knee and is gone forever. The highly recruited young quarterback hit in the final minutes of the last game, blows a knee and is gone forever, The freshman running back blows a knee, tries to come back but doesn't have it anymore. The center who blows a shoulder in the weight room and is done forever. These are just examples of A FEW Bobcat stories from over the years that might be called tradgidies. Jake is still smart, healthy, and available. Give him some credit. He's a strong kid and we are all still pulling for him regardless of the role he fills.