Prukop

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bigkid
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Prukop

Post by bigkid » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:41 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:It didn't take long for Mr.Rachac to point out the last time MSU had a QB from MT that was a major contributor, was Rob Compson. Good job Greg, I'm sure you made your alliance and readership happy with your comments. The guy is a real class act, last time I talked with him at Mustangs game this summer I barely could get out of the way from his growing head #joker!
Well their Lord and savior JJ wasn't good enough to stay in Eugene but he's here in good old Montana. They'd be rickshaw driving over a landmine if it weren't for him.
Wow take a good thread naming your qb and turn it good ole Griz smack.... [-X

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:38 am

bigkid wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:It didn't take long for Mr.Rachac to point out the last time MSU had a QB from MT that was a major contributor, was Rob Compson. Good job Greg, I'm sure you made your alliance and readership happy with your comments. The guy is a real class act, last time I talked with him at Mustangs game this summer I barely could get out of the way from his growing head #joker!
Well their Lord and savior JJ wasn't good enough to stay in Eugene but he's here in good old Montana. They'd be rickshaw driving over a landmine if it weren't for him.

bigkid
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bigkid » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:49 am

Counter Assault wrote:
bigkid wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
Now that's much better :thumbup:

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 am

bigkid wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
it's not smack if it's true ...
8)

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

bigkid
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bigkid » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:20 am

Bobcat Sig wrote:
bigkid wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
it's not smack if it's true ...
8)
touché........should be a fun season 8)

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:31 pm

With respect to the A State game, I like the Prukop choice a whole bunch. This will be a chaotic and blitz happy defense we will see on August 30, and I'm all about having our most athletic QB at the helm. In my scouting efforts thus far, I know that they are going to trust their secondary against our receivers 100%. They know we are breaking in a new QB and they will believe that whoever we put out there as a receiver can be single man covered, so they are likely working up a scheme that brings the house most of the time. That's what I would do if I were them knowing that their backfield is a strength of the A State team. Without a doubt I like Prukop the best under these circumstances.

With that said, I think we will discover soon enough that our receivers should not be underestimated. That was a good looking group last Saturday IMO.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:With respect to the A State game, I like the Prukop choice a whole bunch. This will be a chaotic and blitz happy defense we will see on August 30, and I'm all about having our most athletic QB at the helm. In my scouting efforts thus far, I know that they are going to trust their secondary against our receivers 100%. They know we are breaking in a new QB and they will believe that whoever we put out there as a receiver can be single man covered, so they are likely working up a scheme that brings the house most of the time. That's what I would do if I were them knowing that their backfield is a strength of the A State team. Without a doubt I like Prukop the best under these circumstances.

With that said, I think we will discover soon enough that our receivers should not be underestimated. That was a good looking group last Saturday IMO.
Every team we have played in the last five years has blitzed the crap out of us.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:With respect to the A State game, I like the Prukop choice a whole bunch. This will be a chaotic and blitz happy defense we will see on August 30, and I'm all about having our most athletic QB at the helm. In my scouting efforts thus far, I know that they are going to trust their secondary against our receivers 100%. They know we are breaking in a new QB and they will believe that whoever we put out there as a receiver can be single man covered, so they are likely working up a scheme that brings the house most of the time. That's what I would do if I were them knowing that their backfield is a strength of the A State team. Without a doubt I like Prukop the best under these circumstances.

Every team we have played in the last five years has blitzed the crap out of us.
False. Completely false statement there.

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 pm

I do think your right they will feel comfortable putting CBs on islands with Wr but don't believe that's just against MSU. They handled a top 20 passing attack and scoring offense in their bowl game. Not many teams lit them up to bad last year thru the air 1 exception (Troy) . Godaddy bowl is impressive to watch on youtube.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Completely false?

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Completely false?
Yes. Saying the only scheme any team has devised against us for 61 straight games is to "blitz the crap out of us" every single play show a lack of understanding of the game of football. Do you anything you want to contribute other than aimless hyperbole?

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Darth Yoda wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Completely false?
Yes. Saying the only scheme any team has devised against us for 61 straight games is to "blitz the crap out of us" every single play show a lack of understanding of the game of football. Do you anything you want to contribute other than aimless hyperbole?
I'm glad you have set me straight, I was completely wrong. I don't really know anything about the game, I just buy my cat gear at Walmart and think I'm entitled to post things on here. At least you've shown me your complete understanding of the game and going forward I think I will be better off for it.

coachp47
New Recruit

Post by coachp47 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 am

If you haven't seen Dakota's Highlight video from high school, here it is. A little sneak preview of what we will be getting this year.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:56 am

coachp47 wrote:If you haven't seen Dakota's Highlight video from high school, here it is. A little sneak preview of what we will be getting this year.

Yes, I sure most posters here have seen it. It was up shortly after he make his verbal commit. When it came out it was the best highlight video production I'd ever seen and probably still is. Not just Prukop's play, but also in how sharp the picture is and the way it's broken into segments.

He strikes me as a very savvy person with a great support system (family) guiding him. From this video to attending Whitfield's QB camp, he's made some good moves.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 am

coachp47 wrote:If you haven't seen Dakota's Highlight video from high school, here it is. A little sneak preview of what we will be getting this year.

Thanks for posting. Trying to figure out which ones were the highlights of the State Championship game that ended on the one against Manzell's team.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:37 am

catatac wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:The weights are out of date on that depth chart.
I noticed that. Colter?
Bump - Does anyone know when we'll have an updated roster with the correct heights and weights?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Prukop played against Johnny Football? What was the outcome?

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:04 pm

lutecat wrote:Prukop played against Johnny Football? What was the outcome?
No, he played against Johnny Football's high school in the final game of Dakota's senior year. I believe they lost by 4 on a tackle at the 2 yd line as time expired.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Gotcha.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:27 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
lutecat wrote:Prukop played against Johnny Football? What was the outcome?
No, he played against Johnny Football's high school in the final game of Dakota's senior year. I believe they lost by 4 on a tackle at the 2 yd line as time expired.
The Tivy High School FIGHTING ANTLERS ...no joke...

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell