Prukop

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Prukop

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:37 am

Walk-on wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:I suspect one of the QBs will transfer now, I hope not but I have a bad feeling we lose at least one of them. Congrats to Dakota, but I'm a little surprised they already announced a starter, mainly due to how close they all three have been.
I think the only one that had even a slight chance of leaving is Prukop. McQueary and Bleskin are both staying. The only way McQueary leaves is if Prukop plays lights out this year. Bleskin is going to graduate this year and is probably the starting punter.
I wouldn't be so sure on that, but I hope your right. We have so many NAIA schools in the state, Bleskin or McQueary could leave today and they would be the starter at any of the MT frontier schools, without even participating in their practices. All I'm saying is it has happened before and we have so many small schools in state, the opportunity is definitely there. Desin and Burtelson left MSU for Rocky and were starters from day one at Rocky. I hope I'm wrong and your right because we may end up needing them all.
Both of those guys were buried in the depth chart and were marginal D1 players. These guys will be competing each week and every game to get playing time and even start. They also know they are an injury or poor performance from getting their chance. They are on full scholarship so I would hope they would (not) turn that down to go to a little school. Juco for McQueary to prepare himself for another D1 is more likely, but I think he feels he should start and will want to prove it.
MSU and college football are littered with guys named starter not holding onto the job. Carpenter gave way to Rolovich; Thomas gave way to Lulay. Around the BSC: Padron lost it Adams; Miller lost it to Edwards. Just to name a few. I don't see Bleskin or McQueary giving up so easy. They're not quitters.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:40 am

If a freshman is listed on the two-deep (without the & sign), does that automatically mean they are not using their redshirt year? Or is that still up in the air? I assume since Marino is listed as the starting end that he won't use one, but what about the 2nd stringers where it says one guy OR another?

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:If a freshman is listed on the two-deep (without the & sign), does that automatically mean they are not using their redshirt year? Or is that still up in the air? I assume since Marino is listed as the starting end that he won't use one, but what about the 2nd stringers where it says one guy OR another?
It means they will play if needed, and that may be on a special teams unit. If they aren't needed and don't play for the entire season, then it is considered a redshirt year.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:If a freshman is listed on the two-deep (without the & sign), does that automatically mean they are not using their redshirt year? Or is that still up in the air? I assume since Marino is listed as the starting end that he won't use one, but what about the 2nd stringers where it says one guy OR another?
They have to play to lose their redshirts. Flynn two years ago and Garcia last are recent examples of kids that were on the two deep and practiced with the varsity but managed to keep their RS intact.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:50 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:The weights are out of date on that depth chart.
I noticed that. Colter?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 am

I think Prukop is going to struggle. I know it's not ideal to rotate qb's but we will be looking for the hot hand most of the year I suspect and Bleskin will get his opportunities still to prove himself in game situations. I could be way off base but we'll see soon enough. hang in there Jake.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am

Weltercat wrote:I think Prukop is going to struggle. I know it's not ideal to rotate qb's but we will be looking for the hot hand most of the year I suspect and Bleskin will get his opportunities still to prove himself in game situations. I could be way off base but we'll see soon enough. hang in there Jake.
I'm worried Prukop will fumble. He carries the ball for defenders to take. Coach should have everybody harass him. Can't hit the red jersey but go ahead and slap at the ball all the time.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:19 am

Wow, the kid has been named the starter for all of an hour and apparently he's going to struggle and fumble a lot. Good to know.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:24 am

coachouert wrote:Wow, the kid has been named the starter for all of an hour and apparently he's going to struggle and fumble a lot. Good to know.
And he might. McGhee did. Jordan Johnson does. Bleskin and McQueary carry the ball loose, too. I can't think of a QB who doesn't.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:26 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
coachouert wrote:Wow, the kid has been named the starter for all of an hour and apparently he's going to struggle and fumble a lot. Good to know.
And he might. McGhee did. Jordan Johnson does. Bleskin and McQueary carry the ball loose, too. I can't think of a QB who doesn't.
I'm not saying he won't, but to jump on him within an hour of him being named starter and without being on the field in a game seems a bit premature to me.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:27 am

coachouert wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
I'm not saying he won't, but to jump on him within an hour of him being named starter and without being on the field in a game seems a bit premature to me.
Sounds like the coaches are obviously worried too. :roll:

I think we all need to just enjoy this and relax,

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:28 am

coachouert wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
I bet he also throws an interception at some point during the season, takes a sack when he had time to throw the ball away, and misses a wide open receiver to throw a pass into coverage at some point.

#BleskinforQB
#McQuearyforQB

Walk-on

Post by Walk-on » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:31 am

I'm not jumping on him. Just pointing out one criticism of a bad habit that he better fix or could lose his job over. Tuck it when it's time to run.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:37 am

yeah, no kidding.

What makes me laugh are the amount of people on this board that would name Bleskin the starter just because he is from Montana. Its just stupid.

I can't wait to see what Prukop can do.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:39 am

mslacatfan wrote:
yeah, no kidding.

What makes me laugh are the amount of people on this board that would name Bleskin the starter just because he is from Montana. Its just stupid.

Name one person who said Bleskin should start because he is from MT? You are assuming, and you know how that whole saying goes.

If your left, you aren’t right.

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:45 am

mslacatfan wrote:
yeah, no kidding.

I agree msla. There are a lot of people on here who lean that way but will never admit it. I think Prukop is the guy and I'm excited to see what he can do. If I would have had to base my decision off of just Saturday in would have been. 1. Prukop. 2. Mcqueary. 3. Bleskin.

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 am

After reading that entire roster, it becomes clear how drained our defense will be after this year from lineback backwards! Better make it count this year!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 am

Counter Assault wrote:After reading that entire roster, it becomes clear how drained our defense will be after this year from lineback backwards! Better make it count this year!
It's about on par for most teams. Lose a few seniors, have a some youth. I like the freshmen we have and Keeton is a Jr. I'm not terribly worried about it.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:59 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Counter Assault wrote:After reading that entire roster, it becomes clear how drained our defense will be after this year from lineback backwards! Better make it count this year!
It's about on par for most teams. Lose a few seniors, have a some youth. I like the freshmen we have and Keeton is a Jr. I'm not terribly worried about it.
We also have Na'a's little brother

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:01 am

allcat wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
We also have Na'a's little brother
Yes we do as well as Collins. He has great bloodlines and will undoubtedly be a great player for us in the future.

-Elias P. Harmon-