Kylie Fitts is a Bobcat!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: Kylie Fitts is a Bobcat!

Post by RobertCats » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Is that just a one year clause or throughout the entire duration of his college football eligibility

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:42 am

http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/ ... 0-30436800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google searched his name and came up with this tibit:

sounds like Notre Dame is now out of the question. Like Colter said- if his appeal is rejected (to play in the pac 12) then I would guess the Cats are next in line???....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 am

Come on Mr.Fitts, "your giving us fits" :P , become a MSU family member. [-o< [-o<

If your left, you aren’t right.

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:14 am

I hate to be the negative guy around here, but do you guys actually think if he comes here, that he is going to play? I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling the FCS is not were he wants to be playing. With a redshirt to burn, I get the feeling he will be using us to keep in shape while he redshirts this year so he can then transfer up and play in the PAC 12. Like I said , I hope I'm wrong, I just get a feeling he has no desire to stick it out with the cats for the remainder of his career

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:24 am

4thecats wrote:I hate to be the negative guy around here, but do you guys actually think if he comes here, that he is going to play? I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling the FCS is not were he wants to be playing. With a redshirt to burn, I get the feeling he will be using us to keep in shape while he redshirts this year so he can then transfer up and play in the PAC 12. Like I said , I hope I'm wrong, I just get a feeling he has no desire to stick it out with the cats for the remainder of his career
He'd have to sit out another year if he signed here and then wanted to move to a PAc 12 again.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
4thecats wrote:I hate to be the negative guy around here, but do you guys actually think if he comes here, that he is going to play? I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling the FCS is not were he wants to be playing. With a redshirt to burn, I get the feeling he will be using us to keep in shape while he redshirts this year so he can then transfer up and play in the PAC 12. Like I said , I hope I'm wrong, I just get a feeling he has no desire to stick it out with the cats for the remainder of his career
He'd have to sit out another year if he signed here and then wanted to move to a PAc 12 again.
I was thinking the same thing Hawk. It wouldn't make sense to come all the way here just to sit out and stay in shape, he can do that at a personal gym or facility. I'm pretty you are correct on the transfer rule as well, so that would make even less sense to come here and set yourself up to sit out another year when you transfer again.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:48 pm

He just needs to go with his gut feeling. If he loved the trip (coaches, players, area, college) then just go with it. No matter what he does though he is going to have to come in, get in shape and work hard. The rest (NFL) will work itself out no matter where he goes if he is a stud. Boy wouldn't Fitts, Marino and Coe be quite a bookend trio at DE! Wow.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing Hawk. It wouldn't make sense to come all the way here just to sit out and stay in shape, he can do that at a personal gym or facility. I'm pretty you are correct on the transfer rule as well, so that would make even less sense to come here and set yourself up to sit out another year when you transfer again.
Bottom line, if he becomes a Bobcat, it's basically a lock that he's playing this season. Either that, or he really just wants to be in Bozmean (or doesn't want to go to Fresno or any other FBS school, which seems highly unlikely to me).

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:07 pm

How I understand the transfer rules is, he has the ability to transfer to an FCS school and be eligible to play immediately, which is going to happen. 8) If after this year he wants to leave and play football in the PAC 12 again, he can only transfer back to UCLA, AND would have to sit out a year. Due to NCAA rules/laws you are allowed 1 transfer to a new school for athletics. If that doesn't work you can only go back to where you came from or your career for that particular sport is over.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Team10 wrote:
How I understand the transfer rules is, he has the ability to transfer to an FCS school and be eligible to play immediately, which is going to happen. 8) If after this year he wants to leave and play football in the PAC 12 again, he can only transfer back to UCLA, AND would have to sit out a year. Due to NCAA rules/laws you are allowed 1 transfer to a new school for athletics. If that doesn't work you can only go back to where you came from or your career for that particular sport is over.
Didn't the QB last year for BYU start out at Miami, then headed to BYU, and now he just transferred again to another ACC school?

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Team10 wrote:
Didn't the QB last year for BYU start out at Miami, then headed to BYU, and now he just transferred again to another ACC school?
"Heaps is expected to graduate from Kansas this month and be eligible right away as a graduate transfer."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/colleg ... Miami.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Team10 wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Team10 wrote:
"Heaps is expected to graduate from Kansas this month and be eligible right away as a graduate transfer."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/colleg ... Miami.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I see, so if he wouldn't be a graduate transfer then the two school rule applies? Its crazy anybody would want to move around like that, I couldn't do it that's for sure.

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm probably wrong on this but I thought the Pac-12 had a clause that required an athlete that transferred to another school within their conference to sit out ie. lose 2 years of eligibility????? Did they change this recently???

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:39 pm

bobcatbob wrote:We will know on Wednesday if Fitts is coming. I was told today by a couple of sources that he had a really good visit and enjoyed it and it looks good, whatever you take from that.

:-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^ :-^

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Team10 wrote:
4thecats wrote: he has the ability to transfer to an FCS school and be eligible to play immediately, which is going to happen. 8)
Way to double-down on your original post!!! :)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:But he's petitioned the NCAA to allow him to break the clause in his release to talk to PAC 12 schools.
He'd still have to sit out the season at a Pac12 school. He's free to talk to them as well, since he's no longer at UCLA.
He's not. Coach Mora put a clause in his scholarship release banning him from contacting any Pac 12 program and banning any Pac 12 program from talking to him.
Wow, that's just awful of Mora to do that. Is it even legal? I don't see how it could be. Fitts has no association with UCLA football at this point. I hadn't heard of Mora doing this to transfers granted a release. That's not the policy at Oregon, for example.
Have there been many examples of Oregon players transferring to other Pac 12 schools?

This writer shares your angst at the policy: http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sp ... tting.html

It looks like the Pac 12 as a whole has a pretty strict set of rules regarding intra-conference transfers as well: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/usc ... -4year.pdf
A Cal player, Johnny Ragin, transferred directly to Oregon after last season, so obviously not every school puts a quid pro quo in releasing players. I'm not sure what Mora could do legally if Fitts decided to stay in the Pac-12.

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/20 ... egon-ducks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Breaking news............nobody still has any clue what this kid is going to do, yet we all have spent the last 6 hours of the day checking the nation at least every 30 minutes to see if something has happend.

Punters are people too!!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Found this to be interesting........

http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/ ... 0-30436800

Punters are people too!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:13 pm

GoCats18 wrote:Breaking news............nobody still has any clue what this kid is going to do, yet we all have spent the last 6 hours of the day checking the nation at least every 30 minutes to see if something has happend.
and technically until 11:59 mountain time tonight . Tick tock

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm

No decision has been made in Fitts' appeal. It sounds like no word will come until tomorrow. Stand down everyone.