Montana State-Arkansas State Tidbits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bigkid
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Montana State-Arkansas State Tidbits

Post by bigkid » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Looking at the AK state board some seem to imply that since msu is a FCS team they have lost before its played. That isn't the least bit true. With the temps as hot as it will be ASU better be able to get its defense off the field because something tells me msu is going to ground and pound for 1st downs. If msu gets some early breaks I'm sure they will give ASU all it wants. This will be a good football game but with a new QB and non`seasoned receivers I think msu comes up a bit short. I don't think it will be a blow out......ASU 31 cats 17 in a good effort. Big thing for the cats is come out healthy.
Oh by the way has the cats coaching staff contacted the charter to make sure all is ready :lol:

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Regarding weather and all that...we have many starters from Texas and other warm and humid places. What our guys are going to face with the high humidity is going to be more than made up with a crush of oxygen! I see Jonesboro is just 259 feet above sea level, about 4,400 feet lower than Bozeman. With that increase in oxygen our guys are going to be on an all-time Rocky Mountain high. It'll be like climbing into a humid oxygen tent. I'd rather be us.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Regarding weather and all that...we have many starters from Texas and other warm and humid places. What our guys are going to face with the high humidity is going to be more than made up with a crush of oxygen! I see Jonesboro is just 259 feet above sea level, about 4,400 feet lower than Bozeman. With that increase in oxygen our guys are going to be on an all-time Rocky Mountain high. It'll be like climbing into a humid oxygen tent. I'd rather be us.
Good point about the oxygen hit, that's so true. I know its a little north of Jonesboro and I don't have any quantitative numbers, but spent 4 days in Nashville two weeks ago and then returned to work in the Bozeman valley the following week (with temps in the low 90's) and again today - I felt the humidity here was worse than in Nashville.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:54 pm

95F 90% humidity.

That's HOT... and super uncomfortable, because all you do is sweat... and it doesn't help you cool down.

I can do a dry heat all day long, but add the humidity... no thanks.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:03 am

I'll bet this guys gets IN A LOT!!!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm going to go ahead and pick MSU winning this game. I am a bit nervous about being overly optimistic since last year's finish knocked the wind out of me for a couple months. However, that being said. I really like the looks of this year's team, and I think our defense will keep ASU's offense in check, and our offense will be in ASU "back seven" the whole game. I look at all of the 60-7 score predictions on the ASU forum and scratch my head, wondering if I'm missing anything. Truth is, I'm not, heck they for the most part admit not knowing anything about the Big Sky or FCS football in general. I know about the Sun Belt, and I think we're all just a bit gun shy. As long as the charter flight is on time we will send the ASU fans home muttering about how hard it is to have 5 head coaches in 5 years.

30-17 MSU.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Rich K wrote:I'm going to go ahead and pick MSU winning this game. I am a bit nervous about being overly optimistic since last year's finish knocked the wind out of me for a couple months. However, that being said. I really like the looks of this year's team, and I think our defense will keep ASU's offense in check, and our offense will be in ASU "back seven" the whole game. I look at all of the 60-7 score predictions on the ASU forum and scratch my head, wondering if I'm missing anything. Truth is, I'm not, heck they for the most part admit not knowing anything about the Big Sky or FCS football in general. I know about the Sun Belt, and I think we're all just a bit gun shy. As long as the charter flight is on time we will send the ASU fans home muttering about how hard it is to have 5 head coaches in 5 years.

30-17 MSU.
You have the right to the opinion but I can see you don't have a clue who your opponent is.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:48 pm

RustonCAT wrote:
Rich K wrote:I'm going to go ahead and pick MSU winning this game. I am a bit nervous about being overly optimistic since last year's finish knocked the wind out of me for a couple months. However, that being said. I really like the looks of this year's team, and I think our defense will keep ASU's offense in check, and our offense will be in ASU "back seven" the whole game. I look at all of the 60-7 score predictions on the ASU forum and scratch my head, wondering if I'm missing anything. Truth is, I'm not, heck they for the most part admit not knowing anything about the Big Sky or FCS football in general. I know about the Sun Belt, and I think we're all just a bit gun shy. As long as the charter flight is on time we will send the ASU fans home muttering about how hard it is to have 5 head coaches in 5 years.

30-17 MSU.
You have the right to the opinion but I can see you don't have a clue who your opponent is.
That's what y'all keep telling me.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Rich K wrote:
RustonCAT wrote:

30-17 MSU.
Learn 2 names. Jd Mckissic and Michael Gordon. Even against SEC defenses they are the fastest on the feild. you will be chasing them all evening well until backups come into game in 4th quarter

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... ael-gordon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RustonCAT on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:00 pm

30-17 MSU.
That's bold, I like it! If this was Dakota's 5th or 6th game I might agree. But I think it's gonna take him a few games to find his comfort zone. ASU will have a tough time scoring a lot on our defense, but they'll score enough.

21-13 ASU.

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:03 pm

91catAlum wrote:

30-17 MSU.
That's bold, I like it! If this was Dakota's 5th or 6th game I might agree. But I think it's gonna take him a few games to find his comfort zone. ASU will have a tough time scoring a lot on our defense, but they'll score enough.

21-13 ASU.
You won't hold us under 35. Heck you couldn't even hold sf Austin or EWU under that

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:17 pm

RustonCAT wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

30-17 MSU.

21-13 ASU.
You won't hold us under 35. Heck you couldn't even hold sf Austin or EWU under that
We haven't played them yet...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

91catAlum wrote:
RustonCAT wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

30-17 MSU.

21-13 ASU.
We haven't played them yet...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
But you brag about bringing everyone back on Defense that got destroyed by these 2 teams. They both would get destroyed by Arkansas state. Very different athletes FCS get gems ever now and then but most times it's kids wanting to stay home or only scholarship offered

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 pm

30-17 MSU.
I think we definitely have a chance... I'd give it about a 15% chance.

Our defense is DEFINITELY good enough to win this game. Our Offense probably is not ready to win a game like this yet, lotta new faces. Gonna take a few games to get the offense rollin, me thinks. At the very least I do not expect a blow out loss, it is not going to be easy to put up points against the Cats D this year.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Rich K wrote:
RustonCAT wrote:

30-17 MSU.
Easy there Rich, you forgot to take off your blue and gold glasses.

I have no doubt we lose this one, but I also have no doubt we'll keep it respectable. 31-22 ASU
Last edited by luckyirishguy25 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I do realize this is a name recognition issue but if you watch them through Gus Malzahn and Hugh freeze eras you will know this team is built to fly. By fly I mean. Serious speedsters. In another 5 years this will be a TCU and Boise st type name!

They have over 50 million in stadium upgrades over next 2 years. 100 million in next 5 years. They are building a brand

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:03 pm

They would like to trade Idaho and New Mexico State for the 2 Montana schools if that tells you what respect level they have for you!
Last edited by RustonCAT on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:09 pm

RustonCAT wrote:We would like to trade Idaho and New Mexico State for the 2 Montana schools if that tell you what respect level we have for you!

I'm confused at your use of "we?" Didn't you start off using "we" as if you where a Cat fan?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
RustonCAT wrote:We would like to trade Idaho and New Mexico State for the 2 Montana schools if that tell you what respect level we have for you!

I'm confused at your use of "we?" Didn't you start off using "we" as if you where a Cat fan?
RustonCAT is a name I use on csnbbs also has nothing to do with MSU

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm

#-o

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."