2014 BSC Season Predictions: Week 12

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

2014 BSC Season Predictions: Week 12

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:53 am

The penultimate weekend of Big Sky play sees league leader Eastern Washington with an open date, while PSU is at Sacramento State in a key clash between two 4-2 teams looking to stay in the playoff hunt.

Montana at Southern Utah: Always tough at home the T-Birds give UM a scare that would've put them on the brink of playoff elimination, but UM prevails to stay in the title hunt. Griz 28, T-Birds 24.

Northern Colorado at Weber State: The Wildcats breakthrough against the Bears. WSU moves ahead of UNC in the standings with the win. WSU 38, UNC 21.

Portland State at Sacramento State: A once promising season for the Vikings is now on the ropes with a second straight league loss. The Hornets move to 8-3. SAC 34, PSU 31.

UC Davis at Cal Poly: Cal Poly rachets down the BSC logjam with another win. Poly 27, Davis 23.

Northern Arizona at North Dakota: Fireworks erupt in Grand Forks, but not enough for the home team. NAU 49, UND 42.

Idaho State at Montana State: Mike Kramer comes to Bozeman with a vastly improved team over his last visit, but no dice. Bobcats 42, Bengals 24.

BSC Standings:
.....Conf...All
EWU 7-0, 10-1
MSU 6-1, 9-2
UM 6-1, 8-3
Poly 6-2, 8-3
SAC 5-2, 8-3
PSU 5-2, 6-5
NAU 4-3, 7-4
SUU 2-4, 3-8
ISU 1-6, 3-8
UCD 1-6, 2-9
UND 1-6, 2-9
WSU 1-6, 1-10
UNC 0-6, 1-10

(As I was updating the standings it was obvious I didn't tabulate some of the records correctly. I'll go back through all the games and update these standings. Once I get done with the Week 13 picks I'll put all these threads into one post and a couple weeks into camp I'll also go back through all my predictions and make some adjustments based camp developments around the league. I also need to listen to all of Colter's team reports to some inside info that might effect my picks.)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2014 BSC Season Predictions: Week 12

Post by Team10 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Idaho State at Montana State: Mike Kramer comes to Bozeman with a vastly improved team over his last visit, but no dice. Bobcats 42, Bengals 24.
I think this game comes down to a couple things, especially being really late in the season. I agree with the win but I think it ends up being much closer and to the wire.

1. What is the secondary like? Does the team have any crutial members of the secondary with injuries or are they healthy and able to cover. We all know, and Colter talked about it in his podcast, Kramer and company are not hiding what they are going to do. They are gonna throw the ball all over the field and if our secondary has dwindled and is thinned out this game could be a struggle. There is always at least one game a year where the 'Cats should steamroll the team, but they find a way to drag it out and give us fans all heart attacks.

2. Goes right along with the secondary being able to cover, the D-line putting pressure on their QB. If there is no pressure I can see our secondary getting picked apart and this being a very high scoring affair. Again, same as the secondary goes, if there are injuries in the D-line will the backups be able to bring enough heat and cause disruption in the ISU backfield.

3. Probably the most important of all is if the 'Cats record is what you have predicted, Tom, this could be the let down game I mentioned earlier. Players thinking they can't be beat and walking in to the game thinking it's already over before it has begun. I assure you that Kramer will have his players ready to play and wouldn't be surprised to see some trickery on the field more than a couple times.

Bobcats 34
Bengals 31

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:34 pm

No way the gritz score 28 at Southern Utah, if tyhey don't lose this game by at least 20 I'll eat my gritz hat.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 pm

Team10 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Idaho State at Montana State: Mike Kramer comes to Bozeman with a vastly improved team over his last visit, but no dice. Bobcats 42, Bengals 24.
I think this game comes down to a couple things, especially being really late in the season. I agree with the win but I think it ends up being much closer and to the wire.

1. What is the secondary like? Does the team have any crutial members of the secondary with injuries or are they healthy and able to cover. We all know, and Colter talked about it in his podcast, Kramer and company are not hiding what they are going to do. They are gonna throw the ball all over the field and if our secondary has dwindled and is thinned out this game could be a struggle. There is always at least one game a year where the 'Cats should steamroll the team, but they find a way to drag it out and give us fans all heart attacks.

2. Goes right along with the secondary being able to cover, the D-line putting pressure on their QB. If there is no pressure I can see our secondary getting picked apart and this being a very high scoring affair. Again, same as the secondary goes, if there are injuries in the D-line will the backups be able to bring enough heat and cause disruption in the ISU backfield.

3. Probably the most important of all is if the 'Cats record is what you have predicted, Tom, this could be the let down game I mentioned earlier. Players thinking they can't be beat and walking in to the game thinking it's already over before it has begun. I assure you that Kramer will have his players ready to play and wouldn't be surprised to see some trickery on the field more than a couple times.

Bobcats 34
Bengals 31
oops!
Totally agree.After re-watching a couple of ISU games from last year....they can score on anybody and if they don't make mistakes they can give anyone a game.......
Last edited by Helcat72 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2024 Resume dominance

09griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 09griz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:41 pm

allcat wrote:No way the gritz score 28 at Southern Utah, if tyhey don't lose this game by at least 20 I'll eat my gritz hat.
I see what you did there

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Whoa, this one really shows how far off I was. PSU and SSU in a key clash between 4-2 teams. :lol: Gonna make a few score changes, but I'll stick with all my original winners.

TomCat88 wrote:The penultimate weekend of Big Sky play sees league leader Eastern Washington with an open date, while PSU is at Sacramento State in a key clash between two 4-2 teams looking to stay in the playoff hunt.

Montana at Southern Utah: Always tough at home the T-Birds give UM a scare that would've put them on the brink of playoff elimination, but UM prevails to stay in the title hunt. Griz 28, T-Birds 24. (UM 35-17)

Northern Colorado at Weber State: The Wildcats breakthrough against the Bears. WSU moves ahead of UNC in the standings with the win. WSU 38, UNC 21. (Wildcats 28-21)

Portland State at Sacramento State: A once promising season for the Vikings is now on the ropes with a second straight league loss. The Hornets move to 8-3. SAC 34, PSU 31. (same)

UC Davis at Cal Poly: Cal Poly rachets down the BSC logjam with another win. Poly 27, Davis 23. (Poly 42, Davis 17)

Northern Arizona at North Dakota: Fireworks erupt in Grand Forks, but not enough for the home team. NAU 49, UND 42. (NAU 20-17)

Idaho State at Montana State: Mike Kramer comes to Bozeman with a vastly improved team over his last visit, but no dice. Bobcats 42, Bengals 24. (MSU 27-24)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Another 4-2 week. Got the UM-So. Utah score exactly right! Not too far off on the WSU-UNC game. Didn't really come close on my other two correct calls.
TomCat88 wrote:Whoa, this one really shows how far off I was. PSU and SSU in a key clash between 4-2 teams. :lol: Gonna make a few score changes, but I'll stick with all my original winners.

TomCat88 wrote:The penultimate weekend of Big Sky play sees league leader Eastern Washington with an open date, while PSU is at Sacramento State in a key clash between two 4-2 teams looking to stay in the playoff hunt.

Montana at Southern Utah: Always tough at home the T-Birds give UM a scare that would've put them on the brink of playoff elimination, but UM prevails to stay in the title hunt. Griz 28, T-Birds 24. (UM 35-17)

Northern Colorado at Weber State: The Wildcats breakthrough against the Bears. WSU moves ahead of UNC in the standings with the win. WSU 38, UNC 21. (Wildcats 28-21)

Portland State at Sacramento State: A once promising season for the Vikings is now on the ropes with a second straight league loss. The Hornets move to 8-3. SAC 34, PSU 31. (same)

UC Davis at Cal Poly: Cal Poly rachets down the BSC logjam with another win. Poly 27, Davis 23. (Poly 42, Davis 17)

Northern Arizona at North Dakota: Fireworks erupt in Grand Forks, but not enough for the home team. NAU 49, UND 42. (NAU 20-17)

Idaho State at Montana State: Mike Kramer comes to Bozeman with a vastly improved team over his last visit, but no dice. Bobcats 42, Bengals 24. (MSU 27-24)

toM StUber