UI in 2016?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: UI in 2016?

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 am

canyoncat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Kyle tweeted that it is $300,000 and then wrote an article. :D

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... paign=blox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul's not a native of Butte :?
I think he is.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:16 am

allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... paign=blox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think he is.
I read Petrino was born in Butte and moved to Helena at a very young age. AD Spear is also a Butte native.

canyoncat

Post by canyoncat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:39 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

I think he is.
I read Petrino was born in Butte and moved to Helena at a very young age. AD Spear is also a Butte native.
Might have been born in Butte, but he and all of his siblings graduated from Capital High. Bob SR started at Carroll as head coach in the early or mid 70's.

GO CATS!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:49 am

canyoncat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

I think he is.
Might have been born in Butte, but he and all of his siblings graduated from Capital High. Bob SR started at Carroll as head coach in the early or mid 70's.
So, native does not mean born in to you?

canyoncat

Post by canyoncat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 am

allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

I think he is.
No, it is where you grew up or spent your formable years such as grade school through high school.

GO CATS!!!

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:03 am

canyoncat wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

I think he is.
No, it is where you grew up or spent your formable years such as grade school through high school.
I agree. Paul is a native of Helena in my mind.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33 am

LTown Cat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

I think he is.
I'm sure that both Bobbie and Paul probably consider themselves to be Helena natives, rather than Butte. Bob Sr. was a Butte native though...right?

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39 am

John K wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

I think he is.
I'm sure that both Bobbie and Paul probably consider themselves to be Helena natives, rather than Butte. Bob Sr. was a Butte native though...right?
I believe so.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:41 am

I hope nobody demands to see a birth certificate.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Rich K wrote:I hope nobody demands to see a birth certificate.
And thus begins the Paul Petrino "birther" controversy. I can't wait for Donald Trump to weigh in on this one. :lol:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:12 pm

The good news is that I actually get to buy one of those montana Native bumber stickers now.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Bob Sr. was born and raised in Butte. Played for future Bobcat Coach, Butte native, Jim Sweeney, at Butte Central. Later became the HC at Central and a true disciple of Sweeney. Moved to Helena for the Carroll College job. Was a finalist to Helena native and former Bobcat lineman, Cliff Hysell for the Bobcat job. Hysell was previously the defensive co-ordinator at Fresno State for.....Jim Sweeney. 8-[

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Triple C » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:47 pm

canyoncat wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
allcat wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

I think he is.
you may want to speak to Mr. Merriam and Mr. Webster about that...

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

canyoncat

Post by canyoncat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm

What ever on Mr M and Mr W. I don't believe I have ever talked to a person who was born some place and raised in another say they are from there. My son-in-law was born in Italy on an army base and he sure as hell doesn't say he is Italian. My mother was born in Washington, but raised in East Helena and she never said she was from Washington, always East Helena. I can list many more.

GO CATS!!!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm definitely not a Billings native, even though I was born there ... so I have to agree with the "place were you were raised" argument as well.

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:56 am

You ladies want to talk football or continue to squable like a bunch of old women trying to find out what every bodies version of a hometown is?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:19 am

Marana CAT wrote:You ladies want to talk football or continue to squable like a bunch of old women trying to find out what every bodies version of a hometown is?
Hey new guy, we always do this stuff, some of it is interesting. Plus the thread is conserning Idaho.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:47 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:I'm definitely not a Billings native, even though I was born there ... so I have to agree with the "place were you were raised" argument as well.
The dictionary says "Native" means "being a place or environment in which a person was born." It's a noun originally meaning "person born in".
So according to this you are a native of Billings, raised somewhere else and currently a resident of the Bay Area

My wife' parents were born in England, both came to the USA at a young age, became American citizens, met and married. My wife can apply for dual citizenship to England by virtue of being 50% British since her parents where natives of England.

And...I'm very happy the Bobcats are playing the vandals.

canyoncat

Post by canyoncat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:05 am

allcat wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:You ladies want to talk football or continue to squable like a bunch of old women trying to find out what every bodies version of a hometown is?
Hey new guy, we always do this stuff, some of it is interesting. Plus the thread is conserning Idaho.
:lol: Guess we should all agree to disagree and get back to some football.

Paul should have Idaho fairly respectable by the time the Cats roll into town. Since it is a close drive, I am hoping to head down there and watch the Cats kick their a$$!

GO CATS!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:22 am

canyoncat wrote:
allcat wrote:
:lol: Guess we should all agree to disagree and get back to some football.

Paul should have Idaho fairly respectable by the time the Cats roll into town. Since it is a close drive, I am hoping to head down there and watch the Cats kick their a$$!
that is the only spokanish stadium that i've never been to