Gazette- OL ranking

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Gazette- OL ranking

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 am

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... f887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cats have 2 on the top 10

FTG- GO CATS GO!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gazette- OL ranking

Post by gtapp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 am

They missed Catalano who I think may be the best of the bunch. If he ends up at center he will have started at all three OL positions (Center, Guard and Tackle). That alone should make him all conference!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 pm

gtapp wrote:They missed Catalano who I think may be the best of the bunch. If he ends up at center he will have started at all three OL positions (Center, Guard and Tackle). That alone should make him all conference!
I've heard they don't need to get better or stronger. Just nastier. :-k

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:18 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
gtapp wrote:They missed Catalano who I think may be the best of the bunch. If he ends up at center he will have started at all three OL positions (Center, Guard and Tackle). That alone should make him all conference!
I think I understand some of this better because of my forum and blog stalking for many years. Players who play several positions and/or move around during the year have a reduced chance of preseason and sometimes post season awards because the voters need to have individuals in specific positions when they cast their vote. I know that's hurting Singleton's preseason stock and I think Catalano as well. My personal opinion is that Quinn is fundamentally important to the success of this offense and our most important player on the OL. Flynn is probably the most likely to play in the NFL, but Catalano is the guy we need the most.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:58 am

In the capsule on Weidenaar, it states JW and JP Flynn could form the most formidable duo in the league. The problem is, Flynn plays right guard and can play right tackle, but Weidenaar and Kyle Godecke have made 21 straight starts alongside each other on the left side.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:47 am

Rachac is a Griz fan, give him credit for spelling the names correctly.... :-^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:Rachac is a Griz fan, give him credit for spelling the names correctly.... :-^
^^^^ =D^ =D^

If your left, you aren’t right.

catman50
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by catman50 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:In the capsule on Weidenaar, it states JW and JP Flynn could form the most formidable duo in the league. The problem is, Flynn plays right guard and can play right tackle, but Weidenaar and Kyle Godecke have made 21 straight starts alongside each other on the left side.
Greg Rachac writes in the "Cat-Griz Insider" in the capsule for JW:

"He and up-and-comer J.P. Flynn were paired together for much of last season, and if they are again the Bobcats could have the most dominant left side of any line in the league."

he must have been thinking of someone else, no? :roll:

According to Greg Rachac the information he used was provided by MSU Sports Information...... ughh we gave him bad info...... :oops:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 am

catman50 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:In the capsule on Weidenaar, it states JW and JP Flynn could form the most formidable duo in the league. The problem is, Flynn plays right guard and can play right tackle, but Weidenaar and Kyle Godecke have made 21 straight starts alongside each other on the left side.

"He and up-and-comer J.P. Flynn were paired together for much of last season, and if they are again the Bobcats could have the most dominant left side of any line in the league."

According to Greg Rachac the information he used was provided by MSU Sports Information...... ughh we gave him bad info...... :oops:
Yes, he tweeted the page from the MSU yearbook that shows the starter for each game and it had Flynn playing next to Weidenaar. Hmm, I wonder who proofs the yearbook. :oops: Feel free to blame it all on me. :cry:

Upon further review it appears that he got his info from the Cat-Griz 2013 pregame material. So it's not my fault. My undefeated streak is still alive! :wink:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:00 am

catman50 wrote:

:lol: This board is great for providing a steady dose of unintentional comedy.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Plainiac wrote:
catman50 wrote:

:lol: This board is great for providing a steady dose of unintentional comedy.
As compared to a steady dose of unintentional dramatics.

toM StUber

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
THIS...More Fire, More Desire, More "Take no isht from no one"

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:51 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
I see PRIDE, I see POWER, I see a BAAAAAAAD MOTHA WHO WONT TANKE NO CRAP FROM NOBODY!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:03 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
I see PRIDE, I see POWER, I see a BAAAAAAAD MOTHA WHO WONT TANKE NO CRAP FROM NOBODY!
Yes... That too

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:27 am

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Props for using a Cool Runnings quote. I LOVE that movie :)