EWU picked to win the league again; MSU tabbed 3rd by media,

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: EWU picked to win the league again; MSU tabbed 3rd by me

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Jobu wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:What I posted is fact and really can't be debated.
PlayerRep is that you...?

:-k

:wink:

Too good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey look, the "Bobcat" fan who joined last September yet again slams a Bobcat poster, this time by agreeing with a PlayerRep reference. You're not fooling anyone...

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:31 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
And Cats fans are the epitome of a fan base that is forced to live in the future....don't worry guys were going to the national championship next year---Every Cat Fan EVER!!!
MSU has won more titles than UM, and I don't think you'll find anyone on this board who thinks MSU is going to challenge for Frisco next season. Other than that, great post! =D^

What a ride

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:02 pm

I think we will be so much better than last year. I would not be shocked if we made it. As good a chance as anyone. Very talented.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Bobcat Steve wrote:I think we will be so much better than last year. I would not be shocked if we made it. As good a chance as anyone. Very talented.
I hope so, but expectations were much higher last year. I don't read anybody here posting that MSU is going to win the FCS title this season. I'm hoping for a home playoff game or two, and the QB position being settled going into 2015.

What a ride

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Bobcat Steve wrote:I think we will be so much better than last year. I would not be shocked if we made it. As good a chance as anyone. Very talented.
We are very talented this year and I am excited to see how the year will go, but last year we had experienced and proven talent and look what the result was.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:49 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote: And Cats fans are the epitome of a fan base that is forced to live in the future....don't worry guys were going to the national championship next year---Every Cat Fan EVER!!!
Did you mean "...don't worry guys, we're going to the national championship next year...?"

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:19 pm

I just think we have so much talent at a lot of positions that the competition is going to be great for the whole team. We did have a lot of proven talent last year but with the injuries it just didn't work out. I think all the guys from last year would have been better with the guys we had having another year of experience and the new ones coming in all competing for playing time. The O line alone should make a big difference and the D sure sounds like it is going to be tough to deal with. GO CATS GO

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:47 am

PapaG wrote:
Jobu wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:What I posted is fact and really can't be debated.
PlayerRep is that you...?

:-k

:wink:

Too good!!!

Hey look, the "Bobcat" fan who joined last September yet again slams a Bobcat poster, this time by agreeing with a PlayerRep reference. You're not fooling anyone...

Ummm, what?

And I'm not out to fool anyone. You may need to readjust your tinfoil hat.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 am

PapaG wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG was reading a thread about BSC pre-season rankings and decided to use the search button to discover Jobu's opinions on last year's playoff seedings? That seems kinda odd doesn't it?
Wrong, I remember what he posted. If that means I have "issues," then there are worse issues to have than a great memory.
You should direct your anger at Hawks86. He said you were searching Jobu's posts.
Hawks86 wrote:
Jobu wrote: How the eff do you remember what I said about that?? I don't even remember what i said about that. Me thinks you have some issues....
Click on someones name and search users posts. Quite useful in certain situations.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:39 am

Did I ?

Some people should stay on the poli board.

Yes, the search functions are bad. The Bobcat Nation board of governors took away my birthday in 2015.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Bobcat Jim wrote:
We are very talented this year and I am excited to see how the year will go, but last year we had experienced and proven talent and look what the result was.
Cultivation and usage of talent is a reflection of coaching. That's why the results from last year were dramatically less than expected. Even Ash himself said they were holding the team back too much with the play calling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:42 pm

FTG06' wrote:
Bobcat Jim wrote:
Cultivation and usage of talent is a reflection of coaching. That's why the results from last year were dramatically less than expected. Even Ash himself said they were holding the team back too much with the play calling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The context that I heard him say it was in reference to the play-book that he ok'd for Cramsey to use (because of personnel reasons)- although these two things are related, they are not the same thing.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:42 pm

catscat wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote: And Cats fans are the epitome of a fan base that is forced to live in the future....don't worry guys were going to the national championship next year---Every Cat Fan EVER!!!
Did you mean "...don't worry guys, we're going to the national championship next year...?"
Yes, thank you for the grammar and quotation edits on this internet blog. Proper English is so important on these things!

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:13 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
catscat wrote:
Yes, thank you for the grammar and quotation edits on this internet blog. Proper English is so important on these things!
I'm not worried about the grammar, I spell stuff wrong all the time. It's gotten worse over the years with automatic spell check that I hardly pay any attention anymore.

What I laughed at Badlands was that your statement was "going" to the Nati. Cat fans only count the ones you WIN. The grizz get so hung up on how many appearences they have had. No one cares if you "go" to the Nati. No one ever remembers who got second place.

If you aint First............you're Last! (Ricky Bobby)

All second place means is that you're the first loser.

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:59 pm

I think it's just a question of mindset. Would you rather go to the National Championship and lose or revel in mediocrity and never even get the chance to win the NC? Me? I just want the chance. Since '95, the Griz are 2-5 in NC games. The cats? 0-19. Which would you prefer?

edit: I guess my numbers aren't really that fair. Let me rephrase. Since '95, the Griz are 2-5 in NC games. The cat? 0-0. Which would you prefer.
Last edited by Plainiac on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Plainiac wrote:I think it's just a question of mindset. Would you rather go to the National Championship and lose or revel in mediocrity and never even get the chance to win the NC? Me? I just want the chance. Since '95, the Griz are 2-5 in NC games. The cats? 0-19. Which would you prefer?
Actually UM is considered 2-7 in national championship games the last time I looked in the UM media guide. They count the losses in the Camellia Bowls in 1969 and 1970 as title games. Once you get a title win it helps a lot. Kind of like the Denver Broncos, who were 0-4 in Super Bowls and kind of a laughing stock, but once they won it erased a lot of that.

MSU is undefeated in national championship games and also won the Camellia Bowl in 1964 with the West Region title on the line. Nothing mediocre about that. :D

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Tom. Anything that happened before 1986 is irrelevant to this discussion. You know that so quit being argumentative.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Plainiac wrote:I think it's just a question of mindset. Would you rather go to the National Championship and lose or revel in mediocrity and never even get the chance to win the NC? Me? I just want the chance. Since '95, the Griz are 2-5 in NC games. The cats? 0-19. Which would you prefer?
Planic, you have to realize not everybody is good enough to go to wall-mart, buy griz gear and show the world they are griz fans. Some of us are only cool enough to be fans of a mediocre team. Keep beating your chest around us lesser fans. I'm thinkin' if the griz have another down year you should suit up and make sure they keep their winning tradition alive. If only we had such fans at MSU.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

bigkid
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bigkid » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

I will admit that winning a few of those games would have been great but the fact remains the same.....as a fan it is a real treat to go to a Championship Game. What a great time to celebrate a hard fought season with a chance to win it all. It is truely a great way to end the season. Boils down to giving yourselves the opportunity and remembering that championships are hard to win.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Weltercat wrote:
Planic, you have to realize not everybody is good enough to go to wall-mart, buy griz gear and show the world they are griz fans. Some of us are only cool enough to be fans of a mediocre team. Keep beating your chest around us lesser fans. I'm thinkin' if the griz have another down year you should suit up and make sure they keep their winning tradition alive. If only we had such fans at MSU.
Snarky and defensive...what a surprise. Keep it up and I just may quit posting on this board.