EWU picked to win the league again; MSU tabbed 3rd by media,

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: EWU picked to win the league again; MSU tabbed 3rd by me

Post by Marana CAT » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:36 pm

It looks like NAU may have the most favorable schedule this year in the Big Sky. If they can somehow put together some late scoring drives to go along with their ground control game they might be in the hunt. Having the O-line in place gives them a solid foundation to start with. What If that Freshman RB the Cats were going after ends up being a highly productive every down RB for them? Will that be enough with their schedule to make them a playoff team?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Marana CAT wrote:NAU has a very strong O-line and TE returning.. NAU does not play MSU or UM this year. How big of an impact will that be on BSC for the two Montana schools? Does NAU have enough returning and a favorable schedule to finish in the top 3?
NAU played UM last year, beat them, and ended up with a better conference record, yet the Griz were seeded in the playoffs over NAU. It doesn't matter if NAU misses the Griz, since beating them last year didn't mean anything in terms of the postseason.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Rjones61
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Rjones61 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:04 pm

PapaG wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:NAU has a very strong O-line and TE returning.. NAU does not play MSU or UM this year. How big of an impact will that be on BSC for the two Montana schools? Does NAU have enough returning and a favorable schedule to finish in the top 3?
NAU played UM last year, beat them, and ended up with a better conference record, yet the Griz were seeded in the playoffs over NAU. It doesn't matter if NAU misses the Griz, since beating them last year didn't mean anything in terms of the postseason.
Yeah, it sucks for NAU. But if you think about it, having all those UM homers on the playoff committee had to have helped the Big Sky get four into playoffs.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Rjones61 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Yeah, it sucks for NAU. But if you think about it, having all those UM homers on the playoff committee had to have helped the Big Sky get four into playoffs.
I just like the Griz fans (and Jobu's) rationale for why UM should have been seeded over NAU. Look, at least admit that the NCAA wanted a large playoff crowd at a UM home game for revenue. I have to think that the -15 degree windchill, as well as the Griz players idiotically deciding not to stay warm on the sidelines, was a bit karmic as Coastal Caroline, or whoever it was, beat them in Missoula.

What a ride

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

Post by tampa_griz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 pm

PapaG wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
I just like the Griz fans (and Jobu's) rationale for why UM should have been seeded over NAU. Look, at least admit that the NCAA wanted a large playoff crowd at a UM home game for revenue. I have to think that the -15 degree windchill, as well as the Griz players idiotically deciding not to stay warm on the sidelines, was a bit karmic as Coastal Caroline, or whoever it was, beat them in Missoula.
I just like that Bobcat fans aren't obsessed with it and have moved forward.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:50 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
You mean like how griz fans are "over" the cats missing the playoffs, their inability to make the semis recently, and The Streak? Ya, good call... :roll:

Griz fans are the epitome of a fan base that lives in the past.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:23 pm

91catAlum wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
You mean like how griz fans are "over" the cats missing the playoffs, their inability to make the semis recently, and The Streak? Ya, good call... :roll:

Don't you guys have "1984" slathered all over the turf of bobby stadium? :lol: Yeah, Griz fans are living in the past. :lol:

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Plainiac wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Don't you guys have "1984" slathered all over the turf of bobby stadium? :lol: Yeah, Griz fans are living in the past. :lol:
Because fans totally had a say in what was put down on the turf. :roll: =D^

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 am

PapaG wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
A

God, you're a tool. No wonder why so many on this board dislike you.

How the eff do you remember what I said about that?? I don't even remember what i said about that. Me thinks you have some issues....

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 am

Jobu wrote:

How the eff do you remember what I said about that?? I don't even remember what i said about that. Me thinks you have some issues....
Click on someones name and search users posts. Quite useful in certain situations.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

tampa_griz
Golden Bobcat

EWU picked to win the league again; MSU tabbed 3rd by media,

Post by tampa_griz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:41 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Jobu wrote:

Click on someones name and search users posts. Quite useful in certain situations.
PapaG was reading a thread about BSC pre-season rankings and decided to use the search button to discover Jobu's opinions on last year's playoff seedings? That seems kinda odd doesn't it?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:26 am

What I posted is fact and really can't be debated.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 am

Hawks86 wrote:What I posted is fact and really can't be debated.
PlayerRep is that you...?

:-k

:wink:

Cat in NC
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat in NC » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:32 pm

ilovethecats wrote:

POY nominee!

=D^

Travis Bickford
MSU '95

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 pm

91catAlum wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG wrote:
Rjones61 wrote:
PapaG wrote:

And Cats fans are the epitome of a fan base that is forced to live in the future....don't worry guys were going to the national championship next year---Every Cat Fan EVER!!!

Jobu

Post by Jobu » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:57 pm

ilovethecats wrote:

Too good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:07 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:And Cats fans are the epitome of a fan base that is forced to live in the future....don't worry guys were going to the national championship next year---Every Cat Fan EVER!!!
Hope springs eternal! :D

The only thing I didn't understand about the league predictions is Idaho State finishing higher than last place.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:22 pm

tampa_griz wrote: I just like that Bobcat fans aren't obsessed with it and have moved forward.
A poster brought up NAU missing UM. Last year, beating UM didn't matter for NAU, so I don't think missing them is a big deal.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Jobu wrote:God, you're a tool. No wonder why so many on this board dislike you.
I don't dislike anybody on this board. Seems weird to me that I'd be disliked, since I'm as big of a Bobcat homer as anybody here. If you're talking about the "x-cat" thread where he bashed his MSU experience, I'd still like to know who that guy is.
You typically take the Griz side of things when a "fellow" Bobcat fan brings up UM in even a little bit of a negative light. It's easy to remember. What are your issues that lead to you reflexively taking the side of UM?

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:28 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
PapaG was reading a thread about BSC pre-season rankings and decided to use the search button to discover Jobu's opinions on last year's playoff seedings? That seems kinda odd doesn't it?
Wrong, I remember what he posted. If that means I have "issues," then there are worse issues to have than a great memory.

What a ride