Movie Night at Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Movie Night at Bobcat Stadium

Post by coachouert » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Pretty fun deal for Bozeman area folks to attend on July 29th. Hopefully this becomes a more regular deal during the summer.

http://www.msubobcats.com/news/2014/7/7 ... 42502.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Movie Night at Bobcat Stadium

Post by Cats15 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:15 am

Thanks for posting that! We will be taking the little one to this.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:36 pm

This is a really neat idea. I wish they could do one on a weekend, I'd even drive down to let the kids do that. But a Tuesday night isn't going to happen with work schedules. :kicksrock:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm more excited than my kids....I've been waiting for them to do something like this since it was installed. Since drive in movie theaters are something of the past this is a new an improved version, have to say the sound system is a little more advanced than the box you hooked on the car window. What about watching the away games there too, possibilities are endless. Excited to go watch!

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:17 pm

What? No noise-shed comments yet?

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 pm

vike_king wrote:What? No noise-shed comments yet?
What happened to the view-shed woman from California? Did she get shamed out of Bozeman?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:40 pm

PapaG wrote:
vike_king wrote:What? No noise-shed comments yet?
What happened to the view-shed woman from California? Did she get shamed out of Bozeman?
I'm sure she is in her home state getting learned up, before she comes back just in time for football season. She may do it backwards, goes home for the summer, and comes back for Bozeman's mild winters.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:52 am

Monsters University website for those interested in enrolling:
http://monstersuniversity.com/edu/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like they got some good recruits to the football team:
FOOTBALL

The MU faithful were put to the test last year, losing the conference championship with a "Hail Scary" pass from Fear Tech. But MU is back this year with an excellent new recruitment class -- including three top-tier high school standouts: Bart Gates (quarterback), Uriah Pemberslime (fullback), and Harry Phiegel (wide receiver). The entire university community is buzzing with the prospect of Gates throwing to Phiegel for four years of touchdowns.
Although if you're interested in a rough sport you might want to try out for the Chess team:
CHESS TEAM

The chess team is back with a vengeance this year, after a crushing injury-laden season last year. With more than half the team injured in a mid-season matchup with Fear Tech, the bench reserves made a fine run, completing the season with three checkmates, all within the last few seconds of regulation.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

suptscott
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by suptscott » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:29 am

I just made hotel reservations, we are bringing the kids down for a little BOBCAT FUN!! Great idea, I hope the weather is cooperative. \:D/ \:D/ =D^ =D^

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Just don't sit in the SEZ. You wont be able to hear a thing if its anything like the cat games. Hate to be negative but thought they might have worked that issue out by now.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:Just don't sit in the SEZ. You wont be able to hear a thing if its anything like the cat games. Hate to be negative but thought they might have worked that issue out by now.
I've been in the south end zone and could hear it just fine. My season tickets are only one section from the SEZ and it has never been difficult to understand let alone just hear. The system is plenty loud. Hell I get to listen to music while golfing at Valley View in the fall when the team is practicing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

msusportsinfo

Post by msusportsinfo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:13 am

Mtcatfan wrote:Just don't sit in the SEZ. You wont be able to hear a thing if its anything like the cat games. Hate to be negative but thought they might have worked that issue out by now.
All the seating for movie night will be on the turf itself, not in the stands.

There are two reasons why it is sometimes difficult to hear in the SEZ... the sound comes directly from the video board and depending on the wind, it may carry it away from the SEZ. This is normal at any stadium. In addition, our fans are LOUD!!!! And that's a GOOD thing!

It's great to see our fans excited for Movie Night... we're thrilled to host it and have our fans there later this month!

#gocatsgo

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks for the opinion guys. Dont get me wrong. I've been attending Cat games since 73. Gameday experience has never been better. I love it. Just saying I have sat in the SEZ for three years and the sound system sucks up there. Attend a game at wagriz or Century Link and no comparison.

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:Thanks for the opinion guys. Dont get me wrong. I've been attending Cat games since 73. Gameday experience has never been better. I love it. Just saying I have sat in the SEZ for three years and the sound system sucks up there. Attend a game at wagriz or Century Link and no comparison.
Ya, the sound system is great in the sideline seating areas but it is muffled out in the new endzone.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm

msusportsinfo wrote:
All the seating for movie night will be on the turf itself, not in the stands.

There are two reasons why it is sometimes difficult to hear in the SEZ... the sound comes directly from the video board and depending on the wind, it may carry it away from the SEZ. This is normal at any stadium. In addition, our fans are LOUD!!!! And that's a GOOD thing!

It's great to see our fans excited for Movie Night... we're thrilled to host it and have our fans there later this month!

#gocatsgo
Can people sit in the stands and watch?
for the people who can't sit cross legged for hours.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Looks like a great turnout

https://twitter.com/hashtag/bobcatmovienight?src=hash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 am

We had a great time at movie!....It was a great turn out. I would say 80% of the field was full of blankets and people. Had an area in the back for the kids that had a little too much energy to sit and watch a movie to run around.

The big screen wasn't as crystal clear as I was thinking it would but didn't detract from the night. Hope this becomes an annual thing.

GetEm_Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by GetEm_Griz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Seems like a really cool idea, but I have a question. Any reason why MSU chose to do this on a Tuesday night instead of a Friday or Saturday?