Lulay out six weeks; BC loses

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Lulay out six weeks; BC loses

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Lulay's shoulder injury has a way to go. At first he was just going to sit out first game, but now he's down for six weeks. Mike Reilly, former Central Wash. and Flathead star, led qb'd BC's opponent to the win.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Lulay out six weeks; BC loses

Post by ImagineSanta » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:07 am

MMQB on the CFL:
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/30/canada-we ... -king-cfl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:08 pm

A little update.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1478923/lulay ... b-c-lions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Good to see him getting close to a return.

On a side note, I found this note at the bottom of the article interesting:
Notes: … Punter Ricky Schmitt, who missed the Winnipeg game because of leg and shoulder injuries sustained while riding a motorized scooter, took part in light kicking activity and hopes to return against Calgary. Schmitt considers himself lucky to be alive, after colliding with the rear of a car, and says his days of riding a scooter are over.
Punters... And a scooter? Seriously? At least make it a Harley or a Dirt bike or something... #-o

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Video:
http://www.bclions.com/video/index/id/100587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevin Glenn looked great last game, and Travis is getting back to game speed.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:12 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Punters... And a scooter? Seriously? At least make it a Harley or a Dirt bike or something... #-o
Vancouver is a compact city. Lots of Vespas and other scooters there, since parking is almost impossible. Plus, I can't imagine a CFL punter makes enough money to buy a nice Harley, and then get sheltered parking for it so it doesn't get either stolen or vandalized.

Vancouver is Canada's San Francisco, except it's even more condensed.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:39 pm

PapaG wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Vancouver is a compact city. Lots of Vespas and other scooters there, since parking is almost impossible. Plus, I can't imagine a CFL punter makes enough money to buy a nice Harley, and then get sheltered parking for it so it doesn't get either stolen or vandalized.

Vancouver is Canada's San Francisco, except it's even more condensed.
I wasn't looking at it from that angle; more the "don't let yourself get injured while riding a scooter" man code thing. Let alone let anyone know you ride one... It's just embarrassing. :bag:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:18 pm

It sounds like Lulay will see playing time tomorrow night against Toronto.

http://www.bclions.com/video/index/id/100587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will be my warm up to make sure I can tune into espn3. (I'm in Billings with Charter)

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#channel/e ... /20140817/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Lulay played tonight. He came in for the last series as BC had the game in hand. The announcers were thinking that might be a harbinger of him starting next week against Saskatchewan.

As far as espn3, I watched it with a Chromecast device, but if the espn3 web broadcast has a chrome cast widget I didn't find it, so I had to use the "send tab to chrome cast" function on google chrome. It was slow and quite a bit of buffering as that is basically streaming to two devices. I'll find my hdmi cable around here somewhere and try that. Good news is it does work.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

I watched it on my computer and it worked fine!

2024 Resume dominance

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Rich K wrote:Lulay played tonight. He came in for the last series as BC had the game in hand. The announcers were thinking that might be a harbinger of him starting next week against Saskatchewan.

As far as espn3, I watched it with a Chromecast device, but if the espn3 web broadcast has a chrome cast widget I didn't find it, so I had to use the "send tab to chrome cast" function on google chrome. It was slow and quite a bit of buffering as that is basically streaming to two devices. I'll find my hdmi cable around here somewhere and try that. Good news is it does work.
Hdmi cable from your computer directly to your tv is the way to go when it comes to watching ESPN3.

If your left, you aren’t right.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Rich K wrote:Lulay played tonight. He came in for the last series as BC had the game in hand. The announcers were thinking that might be a harbinger of him starting next week against Saskatchewan.

Don't believe the web espn3 app has Chromecast capability baked in, however the watchespn phone/tablet apps do and work great.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon