Garrett Marino update

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Garrett Marino update

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:00 pm

I think I get asked about Garrett Marino every day. The star defensive end recruit has taken his SATs for the final time. Scores are still pending. He is on campus for freshman orientation. He has to get a qualifying score to return to campus for fall camp.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Garrett Marino update

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I think I get asked about Garrett Marino every day. The star defensive end recruit has taken his SATs for the final time. Scores are still pending. He is on campus for freshman orientation. He has to get a qualifying score to return to campus for fall camp.
That sounds promising. At least in the sense that he didn't feel like he did so poorly that he decided not to come to orientation. I think scores are sent out late this week.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 pm

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:32 pm

I hear he went to Spectators for lunch. Ordered a club sandwich on rye with a side of sprouts and a protein shake. After he read a bunch of books to kids at the library and then helped serve dinner at the senior center.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 pm

TomCat88 wrote:I hear he went to Spectators for lunch. Ordered a club sandwich on rye with a side of sprouts and a protein shake. After he read a bunch of books to kids at the library and then helped serve dinner at the senior center.
If Specs had protein shakes, I wouldn't always feel so broke and blurry when I stumble out of there...

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I think I get asked about Garrett Marino every day. The star defensive end recruit has taken his SATs for the final time. Scores are still pending. He is on campus for freshman orientation. He has to get a qualifying score to return to campus for fall camp.
this week just got a thousand times longer... I hope he had a SAT tutor, if he did he should pass, maybe by the skin of his teeth but still pass.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:16 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:I hear he went to Spectators for lunch. Ordered a club sandwich on rye with a side of sprouts and a protein shake. After he read a bunch of books to kids at the library and then helped serve dinner at the senior center.
If Specs had protein shakes, I wouldn't always feel so broke and blurry when I stumble out of there...
Lol!

I believe the SAT scores come out on Thursday. While the way things like this take on a life of their own and show how fans can be obsessive, it also states that the amount of interest in MSU football is very high. However, I'll begin to worry when players say they saw the same guy dressed in various Bobcat gear at three different locations on the same day. :wink:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:03 am

I believe the SAT scores come out on Thursday. While the way things like this take on a life of their own and show how fans can be obsessive, it also states that the amount of interest in MSU football is very high. However, I'll begin to worry when players say they saw the same guy dressed in various Bobcat gear at three different locations on the same day. :wink:[/quote]

Saw JP FLynn last night. Nice kid. Don't remember what Bobcat gear he was sporting, however the dude was HUGE!

Is it Fall yet?

GO CATS!

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

WolfPtCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by WolfPtCat » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:58 pm

mslacatfan wrote:[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Mslacat seems like a pretty solid guy, and by far the best basketball guy on the board....but, c'mon.

I'm sure he was just joking....but, if I ever found myself praying that an 18 yr old passed a SAT (or drug) test so that he could have the privilige to play football at a college, I'd have to seriously re-evaluate my priorities.

If a kid can't pass a simple test, or can't pass a drug test...then, so be it. That spot goes to someone more deserving. Heck, even if he has a learning disability...maybe, an institute of higher education isn't the place for them. There is absolutely no shame in not attending college. Go learn a trade, America needs skilled craftsmen.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:04 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:
Mslacat seems like a pretty solid guy, and by far the best basketball guy on the board....but, c'mon.

I'm sure he was just joking....but, if I ever found myself praying that an 18 yr old passed a SAT (or drug) test so that he could have the privilige to play football at a college, I'd have to seriously re-evaluate my priorities.

If a kid can't pass a simple test, or can't pass a drug test...then, so be it. That spot goes to someone more deserving. Heck, even if he has a learning disability...maybe, an institute of higher education isn't the place for them. There is absolutely no shame in not attending college. Go learn a trade, America needs skilled craftsmen.
mslacat does not equal mslacatfan...

carry on otherwise.

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:45 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:

I dunno? I pray for the Cats to win, get a first down, a touchdown, a defensive stop, and especially beat the Grizzlies. I pray to whom I'm praying, to disregards our opponents' prayers, and especially those Grizzly prayers. This kid has the potential to help us win so by praying for his success = praying for Bobcat wins, especially against the Grizzlies. I'm down with it. [-o<

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:04 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:

1. Your getting me mixed up with another guy.

2. I'm just havin fun and being sarcastic with the little smiley face icon. I am not actually on the side of my bed praying for this kid.

3. Yes, I am rooting for this kid and hope he passes his test, it might be the highest rated recruit the Cats have ever landed.

4. Go fist yourself.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

ibleedblue

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Walk-on wrote:
WolfPtCat wrote:

I dunno? I pray for the Cats to win, get a first down, a touchdown, a defensive stop, and especially beat the Grizzlies. I pray to whom I'm praying, to disregards our opponents' prayers, and especially those Grizzly prayers. This kid has the potential to help us win so by praying for his success = praying for Bobcat wins, especially against the Grizzlies. I'm down with it. [-o<

Oh man, Griz obsession is strong with this one. Maybe mention them 4 times as opposed to 3 next time so that you really drive the point home.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:17 pm

This kid is a stud. Obviously in order to have the honor to play college ball you have to take care of your responsibilities in the classroom but I sincerely hope he does cause I think he could be dominate on the field. As a fan you want this type of talent on the team.

WolfPtCat

Post by WolfPtCat » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:29 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
WolfPtCat wrote:

1. Your getting me mixed up with another guy. You are right, my fault. I apologize to Mslacat

2. I'm just havin fun and being sarcastic with the little smiley face icon. I am not actually on the side of my bed praying for this kid. I figured were joking. It just seems more than a little pathetic that multiple people are waiting with baited breath for a borderline SAT score

3. Yes, I am rooting for this kid and hope he passes his test, it might be the highest rated recruit the Cats have ever landed.I wish him the best too, it is a mighty big opportunity he could potentially squander

4. Go fist yourself.Easy there Internet Tough Guy...are you familiar with the phrase "Don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash"....I think it applies to keyboards, too.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Well this thread just took a slight turn towards....Awkward. Hold the fort, the real football season will soon be upon us. 8-[

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:59 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
WolfPtCat wrote:

1. Your getting me mixed up with another guy. You are right, my fault. I apologize to Mslacat

2. I'm just havin fun and being sarcastic with the little smiley face icon. I am not actually on the side of my bed praying for this kid. I figured were joking. It just seems more than a little pathetic that multiple people are waiting with baited breath for a borderline SAT score

3. Yes, I am rooting for this kid and hope he passes his test, it might be the highest rated recruit the Cats have ever landed.I wish him the best too, it is a mighty big opportunity he could potentially squander

4. Go fist yourself.Easy there Internet Tough Guy...are you familiar with the phrase "Don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash"....I think it applies to keyboards, too.

:D

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:21 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:

I have no problem with a guy who prays for something positive to happen in another person's life. I don't see anything wrong with that.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:01 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
WolfPtCat wrote:

I have no problem with a guy who prays for something positive to happen in another person's life. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Second that, I bank on you guys praying for me everyday :D

If your left, you aren’t right.

basincat

Post by basincat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:33 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
WolfPtCat wrote:

Second that, I bank on you guys praying for me everyday :D
Good cuz I do. I think that's why you got the prairie dog and I got the catfish.