2014 Season Predictions: Week 5

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2014 Season Predictions: Week 5

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:50 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:Cats lose to SMU last year with the most loaded team the kitties have had in decades.....now playing basically a same level ASU team after losing the top players the kitties possessed....still think they'll win....God Dang I love the optimism of cats fans
No. Cats lose to SMU by only one despite an 18-hour flight and being without senior captain mlb and starting senior DE, then lose P/K at half.

The grizz haven't put 30 points on a FBS team since 2003 and that was Idaho.

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:21 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:Arkansas State is ranked #110 out of 128 FBS teams by Phil Steele and 3rd in the Sun Belt.

Or as Phil would say, "AS 110/128, 3SBC."
Orlando sentinel has them in 60's, USA today has them at 72. Phil Steele only ranks P5 and doesn't look at G5 teams. It's like looking at barf on a page.

But I'm not hear to argue just don't see any way to be optimistic about that game is all.

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:30 pm

RC, you're not fooling anyone into believing you're a Cat fan.

The Orlando Sentinel?? Certainly the first pub I check for college football rankings. :lol:

Oh, and you should consider having that hearing checked.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

RustonCAT
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RustonCAT » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Jobu wrote:RC, you're not fooling anyone into believing you're a Cat fan.

The Orlando Sentinel?? Certainly the first pub I check for college football rankings. :lol:

Oh, and you should consider having that hearing checked.
Sad part is I don't have to convince you. Hear = an iPad thinking it's smarter than me with auto correct :-$

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:18 pm

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:Cats lose to SMU last year with the most loaded team the kitties have had in decades.....now playing basically a same level ASU team after losing the top players the kitties possessed....still think they'll win....God Dang I love the optimism of cats fans
Wrong, as usual for a grizidiot. Most loaded team MSU had in recent memory was 2010. They were a couple of minutes away from a 10-1 regular season (loss to WSU) with a stingy D and really good O. Just had a bad 4th quarter against a really physical NDSU offense.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:04 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wrong, as usual for a grizidiot. Most loaded team MSU had in recent memory was 2010. They were a couple of minutes away from a 10-1 regular season (loss to WSU) with a stingy D and really good O. Just had a bad 4th quarter against a really physical NDSU offense.
Ya gotta love how grizz fans think MSU lost a lot when they lost two NFL linebackers (Coyle, Tripp) and three NFL OL (Oiland, Poehls, Kistler) and three other all BSC defenders (Kanongata'a, Bieneman and Goodwin) their kicker (Worst), and top two TEs (Pierson, Harper). All that off a team that had only one win over a team (a beat up one at that) with a winning record. Not to mention they're now on probation and haven't won the BSC since 2009.

Keep talking um fans. It's what you're good at.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:05 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
Ya gotta love how grizz fans think MSU lost a lot when they lost two NFL linebackers (Coyle, Tripp) and three NFL OL (Oiland, Poehls, Kistler) and three other all BSC defenders (Kanongata'a, Bieneman and Goodwin) their kicker (Worst), and top two TEs (Pierson, Harper). All that off a team that had only one win over a team (a beat up one at that) with a winning record. Not to mention they're now on probation and haven't won the BSC since 2009.

I was thinking the same thing =D^ =D^

P.S - Except you missed the part about them getting beat by the Beach Boys at home in subzero weather with all those NFL studs! :)

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:

I was thinking the same thing =D^ =D^

P.S - Except you missed the part about them getting beat by the Beach Boys at home in subzero weather with all those NFL studs! :)
I questioned Craig Haley of TSN on his thoughts about UM this year and he said something like, they're returning a lot of quality players and are a top 10 team.

I see UM as a 9-3/8-4 team this year. A 9-3 record could get the Griz a top 10 spot. UM would likely have to beat either @NDSU, @Wyoming or @EWU, then go 8-1 in the rest of their games or lose to all three and go 9-0 to get there. A definite possibility.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 am

IMO 7 and 5 is more realistic than 9 and 3. My best guess is 8-4.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 pm

catatac wrote:IMO 7 and 5 is more realistic than 9 and 3. My best guess is 8-4.
I'm going with 8-4 too. Maybe they have some studs in waiting, but filling all of those spots with quality players is going to be hard to do. 8-4 should get them in the playoffs.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:08 pm

No changes in the winner, but a couple minor score changes this week. Conference play is going to be tougher to call I can see that already.
TomCat88 wrote:Cal Poly at NAU highlights Week 5 as BSC play gets underway with a full slate of league games, while PSU takes the week off.

Weber State at Southern Utah: Another loss for the Wildcats as they struggle to get their program back together. Southern Utah 27, WSU 7. (I want to pick WSU, but I just can't. So. Utah gets a win at home, but the score is 24-21).

Eastern Wash. at UC Davis: Davis is able to hang around for awhile with its ground control game, but EWU is too explosive. EWU 48, UCD 28. (EWU 55-28)

North Dakota at Montana State: The Bobcats bounces back after a gut-wrenching loss to the Eagles. MSU 51, UND 10. (MSU 41-7)

Sacramento State at Idaho State: The Hornets, despite losing their coach, are off to a great start. SAC 34, ISU 17.

Northern Colorado at Montana: A tough early season schedule ebbs and the Griz cruise past the Bears. UM 38, UNC 16.

Cal Poly at Northern Arizona: Two solid defenses and run games square off in a rare old school game in the BSC. Poly 24, NAU 20. (Poly 31-17)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Griz fans .....Seahawks fans...... Make me puke....two of the same...

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

catman50
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by catman50 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:51 am

wont we be 3-2?

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:14 am

catman50 wrote:wont we be 3-2?
Yes. This is the prediction thread from this past summer.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:38 am

CelticCat wrote:
Yes because there has ever been a year where Griz fans didn't think they'd win the NC. :lol:
I know, griz fans crack me up when they accuse cat fans of being overly optimistic. The other stupid thing about them is how they are constantly saying they could never be mediocre because there fans demand better. :roll:

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

catman50
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by catman50 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 am

tdub wrote:
catman50 wrote:wont we be 3-2?
Yes. This is the prediction thread from this past summer.
Ok cool thanks for setting me straight

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:28 pm

TomCat88 wrote:No changes in the winner, but a couple minor score changes this week. Conference play is going to be tougher to call I can see that already.
TomCat88 wrote:Cal Poly at NAU highlights Week 5 as BSC play gets underway with a full slate of league games, while PSU takes the week off.

Weber State at Southern Utah: Another loss for the Wildcats as they struggle to get their program back together. Southern Utah 27, WSU 7. (I want to pick WSU, but I just can't. So. Utah gets a win at home, but the score is 24-21). ACTUAL SCORE: SO. UTAH 31-28. Had the spread, but a TD off on each.

Eastern Wash. at UC Davis: Davis is able to hang around for awhile with its ground control game, but EWU is too explosive. EWU 48, UCD 28. (EWU 55-28) ACTUAL SCORE: EWU 37, DAVIS 14. Only 4 off on the spread, but way off on the totals.

North Dakota at Montana State: The Bobcats bounces back after a gut-wrenching loss to the Eagles. MSU 51, UND 10. (MSU 41-7) ACTUAL SCORE: MSU 29, UND 18. Way off all the way around.

Sacramento State at Idaho State: The Hornets, despite losing their coach, are off to a great start. SAC 34, ISU 17. ACTUAL SCORE: ISU 44, SAC 24. Wrong winner, wrong everything!

Northern Colorado at Montana: A tough early season schedule ebbs and the Griz cruise past the Bears. UM 38, UNC 16. ACTUAL SCORE: UM 38, UNC 13. Now that was close!

Cal Poly at Northern Arizona: Two solid defenses and run games square off in a rare old school game in the BSC. Poly 24, NAU 20. (Poly 31-17) ACTUAL SCORE: NAU 38, POLY 35...UGH!
4-2 on the week, which gives me five losses on the year, I believe. Not sure what my overall record is. It's getting difficult to find these threads. I think I have 46 winners called. I did pretty good on point spreads this week though. Nailed one, and missed by 3 and 4 on two others. Need a FG from UNC to have that game pegged by score and spread.

toM StUber