MSU Recruiting 2015

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU Recruiting 2015

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:07 pm

tampa_griz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
CelticCat wrote:Braun tweeted that the Griz class looks weak compared to ours (MSU's), and the Griz fans are taking it pretty seriously... pretty sad really that they need to lash out at him for a comment I seriously doubt he intended to mean much.
Sad that a kid in his early 20s can rustle the feathers of a bunch of middle aged men drooling over their own group of 18 year olds.
I agree. And if it had went the other direction (A Griz recruit calling the Cats' recruiting class "weak") I'm pretty confident that not a single Bobcat fan would have anything negative to say about it. Not a single mention of arrogance would be attributed to the Griz players, fans, or program. And there's not a chance in hell the word "class" would be thrown around. :wink:
I honestly don't care. Players have passion. It's universal. Rivalries bring it out even more. Nothing to get that worked up about and take it so personally.

And you're right, some people would say exactly that, which is unfortunate. That being said, I hope Stitt's offense is a trainwreck. ;)

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:13 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
CelticCat wrote:Braun tweeted that the Griz class looks weak compared to ours (MSU's), and the Griz fans are taking it pretty seriously... pretty sad really that they need to lash out at him for a comment I seriously doubt he intended to mean much.
Sad that a kid in his early 20s can rustle the feathers of a bunch of middle aged men drooling over their own group of 18 year olds.
I agree. And if it had went the other direction (A Griz recruit calling the Cats' recruiting class "weak") I'm pretty confident that not a single Bobcat fan would have anything negative to say about it. Not a single mention of arrogance would be attributed to the Griz players, fans, or program. And there's not a chance in hell the word "class" would be thrown around. :wink:
I honestly don't care. Players have passion. It's universal. Rivalries bring it out even more. Nothing to get that worked up about and take it so personally.

And you're right, some people would say exactly that, which is unfortunate. That being said, I hope Stitt's offense is a trainwreck. ;)

Keep up the good work, Mr. Braun, nothing wrong with a little attitude, something we need back.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:13 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Keep up the good work, Mr. Braun, nothing wrong with a little attitude, something we need back.
Yeah I like Braun giving them a little bit of 'Hauck' medicine back at them :)

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 pm

allcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
4thecats wrote:Any rumors of surprises?
I'm surprised Blake left the comfort of Southern California since he pouts like a sissy when it snows and he hates country music. I'm fine with our weak recruiting class.
I'm not surprised griz fans are a bunch of drama queens.
They have drama?
And Dance and Flair

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:05 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
I'm surprised Blake left the comfort of Southern California since he pouts like a sissy when it snows and he hates country music. I'm fine with our weak recruiting class.
They have drama?
And Dance and Flair
Jazz Hands is a 200 level class

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:12 am

SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
They have drama?
And Dance and Flair
Most likely a masters in creative writing.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:00 pm

SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
They have drama?
And Dance and Flair
Only because they switched to semesters.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:08 pm

grizatwork wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
allcat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
They have drama?
And Dance and Flair
Only because they switched to semesters.
=D^ kudos to at work for poking fun at himself.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:41 pm

Trust me, I cringed at the general ed requirements I had to take. The worst was introduction to acting taught by a pompous graduate student who always wore a beret and thought he was some sort of creative genius. In retrospect, forcing me out of my comfort zone in a lot of classes helped me once I joined the workforce. I was able to adapt and adjust to many different types of bosses and now that I own my own business, I have great communication skills.

Don't get me wrong though. There were some crazy options for classes that made me say WTF? I can laugh at myself. I have to. I make mistakes all the time that if I couldn't laugh at myself, I would have to drink a lot. Wait, I do that too...

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:00 am

Answer to VIM from the "trash talk" thread. Wanted to post here as well so he'd see it and it wouldn't be lost in that other thread:

VimSince03 wrote:

09Griz! I know you may not stay here long but I would like a Griz fan and a proud Egrizzer to honestly tell me who was the top recruit in your class? Lets discuss and compare. I feel that Cy Sirmon was the best of the Griz class by far with Mau Ena not too far behind. I'd give Jesse Sims #3. The Calhoun kid #4. And Holden Ryan at #5.

Grizaddict wrote:

VIM, followed the board for a while but first time poster. I will be civil and do my best to have solid, legitimate discussions. You seem like a very level-headed poster which I can appreciate. Here are the Griz recruits/transfers who seem to have created the most buzz:

Jesse Sims - 3 star TE/DE
Jeremy Calhoun - 3 star RB
Chad Chalich - 3 star QB transfer (drop down from Idaho)
Eric Prater - drop down QB from Hawaii, originally recruited if NAU before a stint with military
Markell Sanders - 2 star CB (drop down from Washington St)
Kobey Eaton - 2 star WR and top 40 player out of Washington
Donavan Rooks - 2 star WR
Mau Ena - not ranked but huge resume out of San Diego are and offers from Colorado St and New Mexico
Holden Ryan - not ranked but I think should/could be if he attended the recruiting camp
Willy Pflug - QB, 1st team league MVP in Oregon's highest division (EWU/Baldwin wanted him bad)
Jerrin Williams - a top 40 player out of Washington

Hard to say who the biggest get is. Some of these guys will become big time players and some may never reach their full potential. We see that every year across college football and all levels (This hits home for you guys with Marino). I also feel like the offensive and defensive schemes that are utilized can affect how these kids shine. With Stitt's offensive mind, it will be interesting to see how these kids develop and are utilized.

Based on my research, I think Sirmon was a great get for a future star LB. Had a lot of interest from a number of schools. It sounds like Calhoun has a huge ceiling and the ability to be the next big thing in terms of a RB. Also had multiple offers. Sanders expected to contribute right away and probably start at corner. Chalich was an Idaho player of the year and started 8 FBS games, so the QB competition gets interesting. Makena Simis is also an Idaho player of the year and will compete for starting QB. Then you throw in Pflug. This kid has the potential to start as a true freshman. I don't think he will, but the potential is there. His highlight tape in unreal. My personal favorite....Donavan Rooks from AZ. Put up huge numbers and already looks like a college athlete. Built, speed, and hands. I think he will be a big deal for us. Then you have Eaton and Williams from the same school. Eaton a WR and Williams a safety. Their HS coach has put players in the Big Sky and said the Griz stole these kids and that they are FBS level recruits. Top it off on the defensive side with Sims and Ena. Sims we all know his potential. Ena has a huge resume of accolades and awards and reminds me of Tonga Takai with perhaps more athleticism. You add in Daum and Ryan and Sandy as tough, incredible MT athletes that I know will contribute sooner than later. It's a strong class.

Again, hard to say who reaches potential and makes something of himself. Hard to say who the biggest get is....could turn out to be any one of these guys. My gut says Pflug will be incredible when given the QB1 spot and Calhoun will be the next big thing for RB. Sirmon will be a star LB in my humble opinion too.

You guys look to have a very strong class as well. The transfers will shore up your defense and if Ash lets Kane put the schemes together and gameplans, they'll be good.. You'll return a strong offense as well. Gonna make for an interesting season in the Big Sky. I just hope whoever is the champ can make a legit playoff run. The last few years it hasn't mattered who wins the big sky as the other FCS conferences/teams were stronger. I want to see that trend flipped this next year. Good luck....and Go Griz

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:04 am

Not trying to be an a$$, but if I wanted to read about the Grizzly recruiting class I'd check out Egriz. Thanks for the well thought out post and great breakdown, but don't post it in the MSU Recruiting area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:40 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:Not trying to be an a$$, but if I wanted to read about the Grizzly recruiting class I'd check out Egriz. Thanks for the well thought out post and great breakdown, but don't post it in the MSU Recruiting area

Actually you are trying to be a A$$. And Congrats, you are. . If you didn't want to read it, then don't. . Skip the post. . It was obvious what it was going to contain. . There is no reason to discourage a friendy griz poster who just wants to talk football recruiting classes. We have enough griz posters that come on here and are jerks, we better treat the nice ones with some respect. That attitude is exactly what I dislike about most griz fans.

BigBruceBaker

MSU Recruiting 2015

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:51 am

4thecats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:Not trying to be an a$$, but if I wanted to read about the Grizzly recruiting class I'd check out Egriz. Thanks for the well thought out post and great breakdown, but don't post it in the MSU Recruiting area

Actually you are trying to be a A$$. And Congrats, you are. . If you didn't want to read it, then don't. . Skip the post. . It was obvious what it was going to contain. . There is no reason to discourage a friendy griz poster who just wants to talk football recruiting classes. We have enough griz posters that come on here and are jerks, we better treat the nice ones with some respect. That attitude is exactly what I dislike about most griz fans.
I get that we want "friendly" Griz posters however I can't name more than 5 that actually turn out to be anything other than jerks.

I am growing tired of Griz posters/and whomever else continually talking about the Griz recruits on the BOBCATS forum. Not every single thread needs to turn into a cat/Griz argument and the best way to help with that is not talking about the Griz in BOBCAT forums. And when we keep talking about the Griz in the bobcat football area it almost always leads to an argument and people getting warned, threads getting moved etc.

I like to talk about the Griz at certain times and I do it (as much as possible) over in the college sports area.

Obviously you don't feel the same way, so I'd use your own suggestion and just skip my post.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:17 am

Did we try to recruit Pfug at all? Just curious. Griz fans love this kid. Wondering if he was ever on our radar.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:29 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
4thecats wrote:

I get that we want "friendly" Griz posters however I can't name more than 5 that actually turn out to be anything other than jerks.

I am growing tired of Griz posters/and whomever else continually talking about the Griz recruits on the BOBCATS forum. Not every single thread needs to turn into a cat/Griz argument and the best way to help with that is not talking about the Griz in BOBCAT forums. And when we keep talking about the Griz in the bobcat football area it almost always leads to an argument and people getting warned, threads getting moved etc.

I like to talk about the Griz at certain times and I do it (as much as possible) over in the college sports area.

Obviously you don't feel the same way, so I'd use your own suggestion and just skip my post.

Actually, VIM had asked for a Griz fan to offer up some thoughts and feedback on the Griz recruiting class, so that's all I was doing. I guess I thought you would have realized that from the VIM original post that I included. No worries either way....wasn't trying to brag up the class and just wanted to answer VIM.

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:39 am

See nothing wrong with your reply to Vim's request. I appreciated you take on the Griz recruits.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:39 pm

lutecat wrote:Did we try to recruit Pfug at all? Just curious. Griz fans love this kid. Wondering if he was ever on our radar.
I don't know but Cramsey said he got the guy he wanted and that was Jordan Hoy. My griz buddies have said nothing but good things on us getting Hoy and they feel Willy could be their starter next year, which I doubt because they have 6 QBs on the roster and Willy will be the youngest of all 6. They have a log jam over there. Most of the guys they have are dual threat. Willy Pflug compares a lot to Jordan Johnson on how he plays. Its too bad that Weyer (from Bozeman) and Gustafson (from Billings) are rarely in the conversation as the future QB over there. I would not be surprised to see one or both transfer. I don't see them beating out who they have.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catzfan55
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catzfan55 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:08 am

I would like to take time and thank Colter , Vim , and the others for all the info they uploaded for all of us to read. All your hard work is very appreciated by all if us. =D^

I hope we get updates on our upcoming recruits in the future!!

Thanks again ..... & a job Well Done guys!! :D

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:27 pm

catzfan55 wrote:I would like to take time and thank Colter , Vim , and the others for all the info they uploaded for all of us to read. All your hard work is very appreciated by all if us. =D^

I hope we get updates on our upcoming recruits in the future!!

Thanks again ..... & a job Well Done guys!! :D
+1

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Peyton Spencer
@iam_PS33
God got me. Curtis CO '15. OD All-American.

The Westside of the 3 · hudl.com/athlete/190569…

Followed by Colter Nuanez.
Peyton Spencer ‏@iam_PS33 2h2 hours ago
Headed to Montana State!

????????

Is this new or did I miss him in the plethora of recruits?

Found more .......

Peyton Spencer @iam_PS33 · Feb 8
Only thing I'm looking forward to is going on my visit to Montana State this weekend man!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT