MSU Recruiting 2015

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU Recruiting 2015

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:17 pm

DicTater wrote:Wouldn't McCabe have 3 years to play 3? He redshirted one year, and played one year JC. Wouldn't that give him 3 more years to play?
That's what the story says.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 pm

I've updated the recruiting table again, adding 13 new offers.

Also, a key prospect decommitted from Utah State, putting him back on the table. A few prospects on MSU's board committed elsewhere, including verbals to Washington, Northern Illinois, Richmond, Utah and Wyoming.

The new offers include a slick quarterback, one of the top defensive linemen on the Bobcats' radar, a rangy JC linebacker, a hulking tight end, a potential FBS transfer DB and a hard-hitting safety who could play early.

If you don't have access to the table, click here: http://bobcatnation.com/subscribe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 am

Colter,

What are the chances we sign Sidney Holmes? He looks like a serious talent (a little raw) but someone that could start for us for 3 years based on his film. He has great instincts, very good athleticism and his closing speed is impressive.

Just by his tape I'd be surprised if he fell to us, I'm assuming he will go to a mid-level program (SMU, Texas State or something)

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:26 pm

I noticed we've made a number of offers to kids in Utah, a state we have not been in much before. Anyone know which coach is working Utah?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:22 pm

A quick update regarding the recruiting page as I've made a couple of enhancements.

First, the recruiting page now shows recruits for future years as well. As of now we have some offers out for a few players for the recruiting class of 2016 and Colter will be getting those up there. When you go to the recruiting page you will now see a drop down allowing you to select which years recruits you would like to view. This will default right now to 2015 recruits. To go along with this change the direct URL to the recruiting page is now simply http://bobcatnation.com/msu-recruiting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; though the old URL with the 15 in it will still work as well.

Second, I have updated the sorting of the table to make it much easier to see the information that most here really want, namely which recruits have actually committed to MSU. The new sorting method of the recruiting table will display in the order of:

1. Recruits offered and committed to MSU
2. Recruits offered by MSU but not yet committed anywhere
3. Recruits offered by MSU but committed elsewhere
4. Recruits not offered by MSU and not yet committed anywhere else
5. Recruits not offered by MSU and committed elsewhere

Just as before, you can still click on a column header to sort by that column if you would like. For instance if you would like to sort by position to see all of the recruits listed at a certain position just click that column header. Reloading the page, or clicking the apply button at the top of the table will reset the table to the above default sorting.

Hope that makes the recruiting page better for everyone and let me know if you have any issues.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:04 pm

kmax wrote:A quick update regarding the recruiting page as I've made a couple of enhancements.

First, the recruiting page now shows recruits for future years as well. As of now we have some offers out for a few players for the recruiting class of 2016 and Colter will be getting those up there. When you go to the recruiting page you will now see a drop down allowing you to select which years recruits you would like to view. This will default right now to 2015 recruits. To go along with this change the direct URL to the recruiting page is now simply http://bobcatnation.com/msu-recruiting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; though the old URL with the 15 in it will still work as well.

Second, I have updated the sorting of the table to make it much easier to see the information that most here really want, namely which recruits have actually committed to MSU. The new sorting method of the recruiting table will display in the order of:

Just as before, you can still click on a column header to sort by that column if you would like. For instance if you would like to sort by position to see all of the recruits listed at a certain position just click that column header. Reloading the page, or clicking the apply button at the top of the table will reset the table to the above default sorting.

Hope that makes the recruiting page better for everyone and let me know if you have any issues.
Is there a way to sort by multiple criteria? For instance MSU commits tat are OL.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:16 pm

allcat wrote:
kmax wrote:A quick update regarding the recruiting page as I've made a couple of enhancements.

Is there a way to sort by multiple criteria? For instance MSU commits tat are OL.
Unfortunately not from a user standpoint. This is why I updated the sorting to at least show those items in a proper sort as I can do the default with multiple criteria. I could add the position to the default as a secondary sort after the sorts that I mention I suppose which would group the commits by position.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:54 pm

I notice the new table has two transfers listed at the same position. Is one going to get moved to another position? seems like a waste to get two guys that you would expect to play right away like that

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:21 pm

catgrad05 wrote:I notice the new table has two transfers listed at the same position. Is one going to get moved to another position? seems like a waste to get two guys that you would expect to play right away like that
I can almost guarantee both will play and although they are both natural strong safeties, I bet Carter plays free.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 pm

kmax wrote:
allcat wrote:

Unfortunately not from a user standpoint. This is why I updated the sorting to at least show those items in a proper sort as I can do the default with multiple criteria. I could add the position to the default as a secondary sort after the sorts that I mention I suppose which would group the commits by position.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
If you sort first by your secondary sort and then by your primary, would that leave you with the data your looking for????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 am

This thread ought to be pretty "dead" for the next month. Hope somebody took all the coaches and boosters cell phones.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:11 pm

UAB transfer Desman Carter transfers to Montana State
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Cat Grad wrote:This thread ought to be pretty "dead" for the next month. Hope somebody took all the coaches and boosters cell phones.
The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... evaluation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:This thread ought to be pretty "dead" for the next month. Hope somebody took all the coaches and boosters cell phones.
The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... evaluation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey, thanks. I wasn't aware of this: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recru ... t-messages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wonder if they'll relax the suspension of Georgia Tech or at least reduce it? I mean, until 2017 for contact during the dead period? Kid will have to turn his phone off.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Link to the Great Falls Tribune super team.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... /20710989/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Im guessing Kai Nacua, the db from byu, will be searching for a new team after today......

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:46 pm

wbtfg wrote:Im guessing Kai Nacua, the db from byu, will be searching for a new team after today......
Do you really want a kid that throws a sucker punch after getting his azz beat? Naw, I want the kid that kicked his azz to start with.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:16 am

Yeah they will have more than one available I bet. Looks like we were going after a lot of UTAH kids this year so hopefully the coaches starting making some calls. BYU was pretty good this year and now maybe some drop downs.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:42 am

wbtfg wrote:Im guessing Kai Nacua, the db from byu, will be searching for a new team after today......
Sign him up! He has three to play two.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:43 am

kwcat wrote:Link to the Great Falls Tribune super team.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... /20710989/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We have Kyle Reitler, Marcus Ferriter, Brayden Konkol and Dalton Daum.

I hear Josh Hill a two-time Super-Stater from Kalispell Glacier is leaning MSU.