MSU Recruiting 2015

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU Recruiting 2015

Post by mslacatfan » Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 am

Hawks86 wrote:Just offered Eddie Rudinski 6'3 225 LB/TE/ATH Oaks Christian

[youtube][/youtube]
The first play in that highlight tape is RIDICULOUS! Just runs over 2 people at once.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri May 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Teammate of Tyrone Fa'anono last year. Missed 4 games due to injury. 3-star on Scout, Rivals and 247.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:27 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:I don't know if he's made any offers, but Mac is out in the midwest recruiting. Player named Justus Parker, cornerback, seems impressed.

Foster's brother is picking up offers left and right.
Yeah sounds like Foster is out.
Maybe, but it depends on if they're walk on offers or what. One is from Navy. The others are Nevada, Houston and La. Tech. Interest is shown as "cool" on 247.
Those sites typically aren't that accurate for the majority of the lower ranked players.

Anyways, most players who get offers from Nevada, Houston and so on, probably aren't going to come here. It's always possible, but pretty unlikely.

kyle_sample
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by kyle_sample » Fri May 09, 2014 9:27 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:I don't know if he's made any offers, but Mac is out in the midwest recruiting. Player named Justus Parker, cornerback, seems impressed.

Maybe, but it depends on if they're walk on offers or what. One is from Navy. The others are Nevada, Houston and La. Tech. Interest is shown as "cool" on 247.
Those sites typically aren't that accurate for the majority of the lower ranked players.

Anyways, most players who get offers from Nevada, Houston and so on, probably aren't going to come here. It's always possible, but pretty unlikely.
I can tell you the offers Marcus is getting are not walk on offers, these teams are seriously after him. I talked with his coach, Mike Zierlein, earlier this week and he said colleges are contacting the school everyday for Marcus. That doesn't happen if Navy is looking at him as a walk on

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:33 pm

kyle_sample wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

I can tell you the offers Marcus is getting are not walk on offers, these teams are seriously after him. I talked with his coach, Mike Zierlein, earlier this week and he said colleges are contacting the school everyday for Marcus. That doesn't happen if Navy is looking at him as a walk on
Schools won't contact players if Navy is looking at them as a walk on? :wink: I know that's not what you meant, but I can't figure out what you meant. :)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
kyle_sample wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Schools won't contact players if Navy is looking at them as a walk on? :wink: I know that's not what you meant, but I can't figure out what you meant. :)
Pretty easy to figure out. If Navy is looking at you as a walk-on, you probably aren't that good. Which then means that colleges most likely aren't going to be contacting the school everyday for you. Make sense?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 09, 2014 10:35 pm

Do the academies offer athletic scholarships? I thought all of their athletes were essentially walk ons.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:13 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
kyle_sample wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:

Pretty easy to figure out. If Navy is looking at you as a walk-on, you probably aren't that good. Which then means that colleges most likely aren't going to be contacting the school everyday for you. Make sense?
Thanks, I think.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Sat May 10, 2014 9:46 am

In a sense, there is no such thing as a walk on at the Academies. Everyone there is on the same scholarship. However, they are recruited and given priority in terms of being known as someone the coaches want. However, athletes have to go through the same rigorous military training the first year as does every other Middie or Cadet. It can be really tough, especially for freshmen

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Wed May 28, 2014 3:10 pm

What happened to the tab to view recruits?

GO CATS!!!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri May 30, 2014 12:27 am

I've confirmed that Montana State has made seven more offers over the last week. You can find the new players on the big board now.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Fri May 30, 2014 12:40 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I've confirmed that Montana State has made seven more offers over the last week. You can find the new players on the big board now.
For 2015? They need to slow down. I'm still getting used to the fact that it's 2014 and not 2013 or 2010 or 1999.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri May 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I've confirmed that Montana State has made seven more offers over the last week. You can find the new players on the big board now.
Uhhh. What big board? Where's it at?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:22 am

Really glad Kempt was hired. We've always recruited the NW, but Cody is doing some serious work. =D

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:29 am

6-5 WR Cameron Sutton and Dehonta Hayes 5-11 DB offered.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Mslacat tweeted that Tavion Lott, Trevan Bradford and Jayson Williams were offered. Lott is a DB from Mississippi. Bradford and Williams are WR from the NW.

toM StUber

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 am

Looks like Marcus Foster, younger brother of Michael Foster, committed to UCF last month. Drat!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:05 pm

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... atingValue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been following our scout.com list of recruits for a lot of years. It usually isn't the best gauge on who we'll actually get to commit but I have never seen us come even remotely close to the number of offers to 3 and 2 star guys like this year. Seems Ash and Co. are really raising the bar in terms of targets this year. Will be interesting to see if we land many/any of them.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:23 am

Pretty quite on the whole recruiting front ... :-^

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:10 am

Bozcat003 wrote:Pretty quite on the whole recruiting front ... :-^
I thought so too. Especially with all the verbals UM has received already.